Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Harry potter discussion-for all potterheads Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What do you hate people saying about harry potter your Favorite characters and such.

ReputationRep:
    Pottheads is a better name
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I hate people saying Snape was the biggest and bravest hero of the series - no, he was a whiny, malicious, deluded and borderline evil man who did what he did out of obsessive love for a woman who did not love him, and out of guilt for getting her and her husband killed.

Also, Rowling was absolutely awful at killing characters off, particularly Hedwig, Sirius, Lupin and Tonks.

ReputationRep:
    lotr is better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    I hate people saying Snape was the biggest and bravest hero of the series - no, he was a whiny, malicious, deluded and borderline evil man who did what he did out of obsessive love for a woman who did not love him, and out of guilt for getting her and her husband killed.

Also, Rowling was absolutely awful at killing characters off, particularly Hedwig, Sirius, Lupin and Tonks.
    True. An interesting character, for sure, but not really an admirable one. And Lupin and Tonks' deaths were so pointless lol
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    True. An interesting character, for sure, but not really an admirable one. And Lupin and Tonks' deaths were so pointless lol
    And the whole thing at the end with Harry naming his son Albus Severus. GTFO Harry you gloryhunting *******, you hated Snape until he was already dead, and he admitted he hated you. Just because he wanted to bang your mum so much he decided to occasionally keep you alive doesn't mean he was some kind of Jesus.

Hedwig had no emotional weight or effect on Harry. Sirius was just like 'lol k im dead i guess bye', and we didn't even get to see Lupin and Tonks die, or see who killed them (although we know now), it was just seeing their bodies in the aftermath.

ReputationRep:
    The way Sirius and Hedwig died weren't that bad
    But the way Remus and Tonks died was just like no just no, and the way they did it in the movie portrayed that every thing was harrys faut and all though the characters told harry they would fight to the end they looked like they believed it was harrys fault...
    Snape WAS a whiny character but when i first read the books my reaction was 'what is Jo Rowling not telling us anout Snape....?'

ReputationRep:
    And the whole thing at the end with Harry naming his son Albus Severus. GTFO Harry you gloryhunting *******, you hated Snape until he was already dead, and he admitted he hated you. Just because he wanted to bang your mum so much he decided to occasionally keep you alive doesn't mean he was some kind of Jesus.

Hedwig had no emotional weight or effect on Harry. Sirius was just like 'lol k im dead i guess bye', and we didn't even get to see Lupin and Tonks die, or see who killed them (although we know now), it was just seeing their bodies in the aftermath.
    It doesn't make much sense when you consider from Harry's perspective. I mean sure, on the initial shock of seeing Snape's true motivations he might have had a positive perception, but would he not have had time to reflect and conclude that Snape had never been particularly noble...plus Albus Severus just sounds stupid.

I need to reread the books for accurate opinion on this to be honest. I would say that even if rushed deaths can be clumsy and not do the characters justice, they may be preferable to agonisingly drawn out ones..

ReputationRep:
    Looking back it was a very mediocre series but I did enjoy that writing and lore.

ReputationRep:
    I personally hate it when people say "well..if Harry wasn't there when Severus had died he wouldnt have known he was a horcrux but actually when harry came out of the chamber of secrets in book two Dumbledore said to harry 'a part of Voldemort lives inside of you' Albus was telling harry he was a horcrux without labeling it...."

ReputationRep:
    This is my massive pet peeve with the whole series so please bear with me. Dumbledore in general annoys me as a character.

I don't like people saying how Dumbledore's made out to be this great guy when he made so many mistakes. He was very prejudiced against the dark because of his past and he was way too absent from everything in his life. He had so many positions of power and he could've changed things more than he did. Everything from his horcrux hunt to preparing Harry felt half assed at best and seriously neglectful at worst.

He didn't treat Harry properly. It felt like Harry wasn't both the most important and least important to Dumbledore. He left Harry to his aunt when there must've been others that could've looked after him. Most people in the order, other good wizards. I never believed in the blood wards either. They always felt like they should've protected him from more than just death eaters and it's debateable as to whether he called it his home. There certainly wasn't any love lost between them. Also Sirius managed to so surely his parents left wills too considering they were in a dangerous war.

Also he cast the fidelius so he must've known about Sirius not being the secret keeper. I imagine that the spell has to be cast with the secret keeper there and it doesn't seem like a kind of magic that can just be passed onto another person. He's head ot the wizengamot and he should've made sure that Sirius got a trial. He knew that Sirius didn't.

It always felt like he was there in name but not in spirit. Yet he's lauded as one of the most important people in the war yet it feels like he did the least too. He did good things but he also ****ed up a lot. As a character he felt like the least coherent. He seemed to be the most fickle and contrary.
    In the end Harry named his child after a man that arguably ruined his childhood y'know. I never got it.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you completely NekoAngel13 except Harry only stayed with his Aunt and Uncle because Voldemort or the Death Eaters couldnt touch him as long as he called it home or untill the trace broke.
    Also to Harry, Dumbledore was one of the only people who actually cared about him and when Harry found out the truth about Snape hating him because he resembled James-who was a bully and the biggest git in the series but he kept harry safe because he loved Lilly and her son.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Diplomat.)
    lotr is better
    This right here! Lotr is better though !

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: :rofl:

So savage but so true.

ReputationRep:

Stop ruining Snape Besides he seems like the kind of guy who would finally achieved that goal when stumbling into the bedroom upon Lilys corpse. IJS.

Okay, I ruined Snape for myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sae.HH)
    Stop ruining Snape Besides he seems like the kind of guy who would finally achieved that goal when stumbling into the bedroom upon Lilys corpse. IJS.

I cried when he found lily and then i cried for another 2 weeks when i found out he had died...
    Rip alan always

ReputationRep:
    Q) Could Harry potter & the cursed child novel thats coming out ever turn into a film?

I know its being put into production as a play but surely there are possibilities of making it into a film or?

• Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sae.HH)

Snape is so evidently a panty-sniffer.

ReputationRep:
    Would be cool if Harry Potter replaced Voldermort in a new future series when he is older and his son becomes the new Harry Potter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CreamyChocolate)
    Would be cool if Harry Potter replaced Voldermort in a new future series when he is older and his son becomes the new Harry Potter
    "Harry, I am your father"
    *breathes heavily*
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Please no...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.