Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is it okay that sleep in my underwear? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i always sleep in a pj shirt and knickers but i have always heard maybe just rumours that is not healthy to sleep with underwear, is it okay?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Nothing wrong with that at all! Some people even sleep naked not a problem with that either. As long as you're comfortable, I wouldn't worry :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Nothing wrong with that at all! Some people even sleep naked not a problem with that either. As long as you're comfortable, I wouldn't worry :yep:
    i just read somewhere that it is not healthy for women to sleep in underwear but that is only newspapers
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by amy westmoreland)
    i just read somewhere that it is not healthy for women to sleep in underwear but that is only newspapers
    I don't think there's anything true behind this :yep: unless anyone else can prove me wrong? I think you'll be perfectly safe, honest :yep:

ReputationRep:
    You'll live.

ReputationRep:
    i always sleep in a vest top and knickers unless it's the wrong time of the month, never knew it wasn't considered healthy...

lol who made up these rumours? :/

no it's okay I do it too

ReputationRep:
    I don't sleep with underwear on SO UNCOMFORTABLE, I hate wearing it in general too ngl
    Just don't sleep with your bra on and you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    lol who made up these rumours? :/

no it's okay I do it too
    daily mirror **** paper

ReputationRep:
    What if there's an intruder in your home?
    Do you really want him to see you in your underwear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    I don't sleep with underwear on SO UNCOMFORTABLE, I hate wearing it in general too ngl
    Just don't sleep with your bra on and you'll be fine
    i do sleep in my bra should i not? just like my breasts to be supported

ReputationRep:
    If you're a female you shouldn't wear any. It's good to let your stuff breathe as it's always cooped up during the day. You bathe and then hit the sack no panties. That's what the pros say anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amy westmoreland)
    i do sleep in my bra should i not? just like my breasts to be supported
    idk apparently not wearing one to sleep also helps ur tits grow if ur still going through puberty, and sleep is like restorative to the human body so I just have this gut instinct to be in a "natural" aka unclothed state while I replenish (yay)

if you're more comfortable wearing one, then do it, just loosen it a bit I'd say, why don't you research the issue?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    idk apparently not wearing one to sleep also helps ur tits grow if ur still going through puberty, and sleep is like restorative to the human body so I just have this gut instinct to be in a "natural" aka unclothed state while I replenish (yay)

if you're more comfortable wearing one, then do it, just loosen it a bit I'd say, why don't you research the issue?
    i am born in july 1986 so i no tennager, i just asked because there is a link to breast cancer

ReputationRep:
    I like to wear a bra to bed because I feel like it will keep my boobs from drooping in the long run lol

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't be a problem, do continue to indulge

ReputationRep:
    I think it is said that you shouldn't wear knickers to sleep as it means your lady parts don't get time to breathe and if it gets hot/moist/sweaty or whatever down there it can breed bacteria or something. I can't remember completely but it's something along those lines. Personally I don't feel it can be good to wear undies 24/7

(Original post by xobeauty)
    I like to wear a bra to bed because I feel like it will keep my boobs from drooping in the long run lol
    Ok same, does it really make a difference though ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok same, does it really make a difference though ?
    Hope so I'll let you know after kids and 55 years old

ReputationRep:
    I usually spend every waking moment at home in my underwear so... :dontknow: Seems reasonable, if a little conservative.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.