Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Knock knock, it's .... Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Depression

Anyone else feel these sudden flushes of rage where you want to destroy everything?

And every bad memory you have just comes back to you and you want to forget them all, but you can't, it's almost like you're drowning in them.Im not even asking for help / counselling. Just wanted to vent this out.

Im feeling this mood swing so strongly I cannot sleep and am genuinely afraid of myself.

I also would like the false assurance that someone cares received by posting this online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertyMan)
    Depression

Anyone else feel these sudden flushes of rage where you want to destroy everything?

And every bad memory you have just comes back to you and you want to forget them all, but you can't, it's almost like you're drowning in them.Im not even asking for help / counselling. Just wanted to vent this out.

Im feeling this mood swing so strongly I cannot sleep and am genuinely afraid of myself.

I also would like the false assurance that someone cares received by posting this online.
    Hey, I'm sorry you're going through this, I know exactly what you mean, even though my depression and anxiety have improved a lot, I was just thinking there how it sometimes feels like part of my head is weighed down if that makes sense? In a way that it feels a bit like I can't hold it high as there's so much negativity, but I don't often feel like this and though it may not seem like it right now, depression is temporary. I hope you're getting professional help for it and if not I strongly advise that you do, you're stronger than you think but it isn't a nice thing to deal with

ReputationRep:
    Blondie987 has the best advice I couldn't have worded it better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RickmanAlways)
    Blondie987 has the best advice I couldn't have worded it better
    Aw! Thank you!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Hey, I'm sorry you're going through this, I know exactly what you mean, even though my depression and anxiety have improved a lot, I was just thinking there how it sometimes feels like part of my head is weighed down if that makes sense? In a way that it feels a bit like I can't hold it high as there's so much negativity, but I don't often feel like this and though it may not seem like it right now, depression is temporary. I hope you're getting professional help for it and if not I strongly advise that you do, you're stronger than you think but it isn't a nice thing to deal with
    https://media.giphy.com/media/y82Ffw8vbG3XG/giphy.gif

Your advice is always brilliant. :yep: PRSOM (and I promise I will remember)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    https://media.giphy.com/media/y82Ffw8vbG3XG/giphy.gif

Your advice is always brilliant. :yep: PRSOM (and I promise I will remember)
    Thank you! Same to you!! PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertyMan)
    Depression

Heya,

Don't worry, we all need to vent sometimes!

Do you know why you are feeling rage? Has something happened to upset you or lots of little things that have built up? Depression is sometimes thought of as anger turned inwards so it might be why you are feeling this way- could be worth seeing your GP about it as there are free counselling services on the NHS? Alternatively, read up about mindfulness as it might help you cope with the feelings and get to sleep ok

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.