Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Teach me how to swim please 😭 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    I always had insecurities when swimming I.e anorexic + preferred other ways of burning calories doing football etc (which i rarely did) --> All about that xbox life as a kid. #goals

Its crazy how people change lifestyles over time.

Damn those budget cuts were serious. :shoot:
    That defo can't have been easy, I'm glad you're more comfortable now though! Haha, a lot of my friends were about that xbox life too, but I had way too much energy to not do sport. Funny thing is, I'm so slow, so most sports are a nono for me. Basketball is an utter myth.

Yup! I remember they were revamping my school, part of that 'academies grant' initiative, when the cut came in, they stopped the build half way through. They eventually completed it but c'mon where was the sense in stopping half way through in the first place? did they think we could get taught in half a classroom? :noway:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiegallagher1)
    Same here. I really enjoy people who are absolutely great swimmer. I do swim but not so capable of floating longer.
    Its such a great skill! Oh okay, I take you're probably not fond of the deep end in pools then? I think the idea of not having the safety of 'ground' in water really holds me back..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue hibiscus)
    That defo can't have been easy, I'm glad you're more comfortable now though! Haha, a lot of my friends were about that xbox life too, but I had way too much energy to not do sport. Funny thing is, I'm so slow, so most sports are a nono for me. Basketball is an utter myth.

Yup! I remember they were revamping my school, part of that 'academies grant' initiative, when the cut came in, they stopped the build half way through. They eventually completed it but c'mon where was the sense in stopping half way through in the first place? did they think we could get taught in half a classroom? :noway:
    Yeah I'm way more comfortable with my body. I :heart: the progress I've made last 1.5 years at the gym weight training. I went from anorexic to :drool: though I'm no were near my physique goal. (7-8 years of lifting)
    Its just about small baby steps along the way. Basketball in UK is a dead scene though In America its so massive there. :gasp:

My secondary school had a charity fund raising event where the money raised goes directly into purchasing sports equipment. They raised £2000 yet all I saw being added in was a few £ hundred worth football table + 2-3 new footballs + skipping ropes and the rest just "magically" disappeared. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Yeah I'm way more comfortable with my body. I :heart: the progress I've made last 1.5 years at the gym weight training. I went from anorexic to :drool: though I'm no were near my physique goal. (7-8 years of lifting)
    Its just about small baby steps along the way. Basketball in UK is a dead scene though In America its so massive there. :gasp:

My secondary school had a charity fund raising event where the money raised goes directly into purchasing sports equipment. They raised £2000 yet all I saw being added in was a few £ hundred worth football table + 2-3 new footballs + skipping ropes and the rest just "magically" disappeared. :sigh:
    :congrats:Its so good you've turned everything round. 7-8 years seems really long, but I think it's because the guys I know binge heavily on protein shakes... That's right tbh, slow and steady wins the race.

Agreed! My younger brother is into basketball and one of the teams has the same name as the football team I support --> Spurs (don't hate me). Both of them are unfortunately losing teams...

Haha! Why do schools do this! I'm pretty sure that beneath the 'education' pretence a lot of schools have fishy business going on. Do you remember the sainsburys sports for school vouchers? I'm still waiting to see the sports equipment arrive...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue hibiscus)
    :congrats:Its so good you've turned everything round. 7-8 years seems really long, but I think it's because the guys I know binge heavily on protein shakes... That's right tbh, slow and steady wins the race.

Agreed! My younger brother is into basketball and one of the teams has the same name as the football team I support --> Spurs (don't hate me). Both of them are unfortunately losing teams...

Haha! Why do schools do this! I'm pretty sure that beneath the 'education' pretence a lot of schools have fishy business going on. Do you remember the sainsburys sports for school vouchers? I'm still waiting to see the sports equipment arrive...
    Thanks, I appreciate it! I set myself long term goals just to give me something to aim for though I'm enjoying the ride day by day, workout by workout. Protein shakes are just meal replacements in a nutshell its whether you have time to make food e.g chicken, steak etc.

I support Arsenal :lol: LMFAO *died irl* ... :rofl: :giggle: :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome. I wish I could motivate myself to do that, a bit more weight on me wouldn't hurt (I'm quite slim). Meh, but it'll have to wait on my bucket list of things I want to do before a certain time.
    Yup I know, the guys I know eat a lot and take loads of them for the +++++calories. They gain weight quite quickly.

Me when I saw you support Arsenal:

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 32
Size:  22.0 KB :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: That meme! That guy! He's the reason why schools stopped our beloved turkey twizzlers ! Lool.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.