Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,
    I just got my foundation year "GCSE" results which is B in overall including grade D in math and C in physics. I know my grades in those subjects are quite low which disappoints me a lot. However, do you think I can get an offer from any uni in the UK with those grades?

By the way, my IELTS is 6.5 in overall

Also, I'm sponsored student which means that Im required to apply for universites which is mentioned from the sponsors, the universites are:

Aston university
    Bangor university
    Brunel university
    Lancaster university
    University of Bath
    University of Birmingham
    University of Essex
    University of Manchester
    University of York

Please help me, I do not want to resit my A level subjects

Do you think it's possible ???
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Jimmycamp)
    Hello everyone,
    I just got my foundation year "GCSE" results which is B in overall including grade D in math and C in physics. I know my grades in those subjects are quite low which disappoints me a lot. However, do you think I can get an offer from any uni in the UK with those grades?

GCSE or A-Level??

What exact qualifications are you applying with, and what grades per subject?

Then check the entry requirements at those universities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hello everyone,

By the way, my IELTS is 6.5 in overall

Also, I'm sponsored student which means that Im required to apply for universites which is mentioned from the sponsors, the universites are:

Aston university
    Bangor university
    Brunel university
    Lancaster university
    University of Bath
    University of Birmingham
    University of Essex
    University of Manchester
    University of York

Hi,

Unfortunately we require a B Grade in GCSE maths, however if you've only took your year 10 GCSE's you have plenty of time to get the right grade. We don't penalize retake results like a number of other universities. On a more positive note though, you meet the IELTS requirements for our computing science course.

If it's any help i failed my A Levels before applying to Aston, but decided to go back a year and work a lot harder, i now have a Degree from Aston and work in their marketing department, so keep at it.

If you have any questions about Aston or Birmingham as a city, just give me a shout.

Josh

ReputationRep:
    I can't comment on any unis, but I will ask why you think you got those marks in maths and physics? If you struggle at GCSE level then you may well struggle later. Did you understand the subjects? Did you enjoy the subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill;[url="tel:62762429")
    62762429[/url]]GCSE or A-Level??

What exact qualifications are you applying with, and what grades per subject?

Then check the entry requirements at those universities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I mean A level EF Foundation year certificate.D in math C in physics And must of general studies subjects like critical thinking and so on are A's and B's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aston University;[url="tel:62762469")
    62762469[/url]]Hi,

Unfortunately we require a B Grade in GCSE maths, however if you've only took your year 10 GCSE's you have plenty of time to get the right grade. We don't penalize retake results like a number of other universities. On a more positive note though, you meet the IELTS requirements for our computing science course.

If it's any help i failed my A Levels before applying to Aston, but decided to go back a year and work a lot harder, i now have a Degree from Aston and work in their marketing department, so keep at it.

If you have any questions about Aston or Birmingham as a city, just give me a shout.

Josh
    Thanks buddy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    I can't comment on any unis, but I will ask why you think you got those marks in maths and physics? If you struggle at GCSE level then you may well struggle later. Did you understand the subjects? Did you enjoy the subjects?
    Yeah I do understand it but I faced an urgent circumstances so that's why I didn't make it.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Yeah I mean A level EF Foundation year certificate.D in math C in physics And must of general studies subjects like critical thinking and so on are A's and B's
    Engineering *is* mathematics. If you have a D you will likely struggle, unless you can retake and improve it.

Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If those are A-level results I think you'll struggle with the workload of computing-based courses at uni (if you even get offers). Check the uni webpages and see what you need.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.