The Student Room Group

(Urgent need help) My referee lost my reference but uni requests him to resend

I submitted my UCAS application in October and one of my choice recently asked me to request my referee resending the reference he wrote by a verifiable email address (the referee is my teacher but he used a rather 'unofficial' email address)

I've asked my referee, he did not save my reference nor did he keep any email from the UCAS (, but the worst thing is he removed all emails from the trash). Without finding out the reference, neither he or I can send anything to the uni.

The deadline is within 2 days and he is trying to ask UCAS about that. What should he/I do? Should I ask the uni for time-extension explaining the situation or wait till UCAS to respond? Anyone has encountered this before? Is there other way out?
:frown:
First thing tomorrow I'd ring the admissions department of the uni and explain the situation. Ask them what they recommend that you do. If they want to talk to your referee directly etc. They need to know ASAP.
Whatever you do, DO NOT DO NOTHING. If you pass the deadline your offer may be removed by default processing.
UCAS can't do anything at this point and they aren't really involved now that your application's sent and your dealings should be with the university first. They might want an interview or something instead. The ball's in their court really.
Good luck, I hope that everything works out :smile:
If you submit a data protection request to UCAS they'll send you a full copy of your application including reference for £10. Other people have said UCAS have sent this through to them within hours of requesting it over the phone.
Reply 3
Thank you @PQ and @NekoAngel13. I paid 10 pounds and received the entire copy within 10 minutes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending