Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Help Please! Can I pick my firm choice again even after I revert them? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all..
    I have made my firm and insurance choice, but now I want to revert them so I can make my decision later. I have a few days to contact them to do so, but I have a question;
    If I choose to revert the choices that I have made now, will I be able to pick them again for my firm and insurance afterwards?For example, if I picked York as my firm now, then reverted it, could I pick it again later as my firm or would that offer be rejected?
    Hope this makes sense, and thanks for replying.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by lIoydy)
    Hi all..
    I have made my firm and insurance choice, but now I want to revert them so I can make my decision later. I have a few days to contact them to do so, but I have a question;
    If I choose to revert the choices that I have made now, will I be able to pick them again for my firm and insurance afterwards?For example, if I picked York as my firm now, then reverted it, could I pick it again later as my firm or would that offer be rejected?
    Hope this makes sense, and thanks for replying.
    You can't un-make your replies as far as I'm aware. You can only change them within 14 days of making your decisions. (see https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/r...tions-answered ) so you can swap them over now - or change to a different firm/insurance from your offers but you can't undo your choices and wait weeks,

Call UCAS to be sure (this is how you'd make the adjustments anyway) and ask for and write down the full name and job title of the person you speak to at UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    You can't un-make your replies as far as I'm aware. You can only change them within 14 days of making your decisions. (see https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/r...tions-answered ) so you can swap them over now - or change to a different firm/insurance from your offers but you can't undo your choices and wait weeks,

Call UCAS to be sure (this is how you'd make the adjustments anyway) and ask for and write down the full name and job title of the person you speak to at UCAS.
    Okay.. I'm an idiot for picking them way too early anyway - My school kept saying make your choices ASAP so I felt a bit pressured to do it, but if I want I can always go into clearing and then try to get my insurance offer, so I hope everything will turn out okay.

I'll get in contact with them anyway and see what they can do.

Thanks for the reply
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Okay.. I'm an idiot for picking them way too early anyway - My school kept saying make your choices ASAP so I felt a bit pressured to do it, but if I want I can always go into clearing and then try to get my insurance offer, so I hope everything will turn out okay.

I'll get in contact with them anyway and see what they can do.

Thanks for the reply
    It's possible to swap firm and insurance up until July if both universities agree (and they usually will if you ask nicely)....the problem is un-doing your decisions. Once you pick firm/insurance then invisibility of your choices disappears (so all of your 5 choices can see where else you applied and which you picked as firm/insurance) and I don't think UCAS systems can cope with undoing that step...

Please talk to your school and explain that them pressuring you to decide has caused extra stress. The earliest deadline is 6 May (which they should know) so the pressure to make sure applicants don't wait until the last minute shouldn't kick in until mid March. You might be able to sort your school out and make things better for the years following you (and a bit of good karma is not to be sniffed at)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    It's possible to swap firm and insurance up until July if both universities agree (and they usually will if you ask nicely)....the problem is un-doing your decisions. Once you pick firm/insurance then invisibility of your choices disappears (so all of your 5 choices can see where else you applied and which you picked as firm/insurance) and I don't think UCAS systems can cope with undoing that step...

Please talk to your school and explain that them pressuring you to decide has caused extra stress. The earliest deadline is 6 May (which they should know) so the pressure to make sure applicants don't wait until the last minute shouldn't kick in until mid March. You might be able to sort your school out and make things better for the years following you (and a bit of good karma is not to be sniffed at)
    Oh wow thanks! I didn't realise I could swap them up until July! That has taken some of the stress away. Now I can go and see the college I have been put in and if I don't like it I can try to swap them. Thanks for this :P
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Oh wow thanks! I didn't realise I could swap them up until July! That has taken some of the stress away. Now I can go and see the college I have been put in and if I don't like it I can try to swap them. Thanks for this :P
    It's possible to switch but it can be a pain - if you think you're going to do it give yourself at least a week of phoning around and taking names and job titles and chasing to get it sorted. You have to get agreement from both universities directly - UCAS refuse to help - and they both need to contact UCAS to give the ok before UCAS make the switch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    It's possible to switch but it can be a pain - if you think you're going to do it give yourself at least a week of phoning around and taking names and job titles and chasing to get it sorted. You have to get agreement from both universities directly - UCAS refuse to help - and they both need to contact UCAS to give the ok before UCAS make the switch.
    Okay I will do. Thanks for the advice. I called them and they can't revert them, they can only swap them, so you were right

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.