The Student Room Group

Corbyn win prompts paedophile to join Labour

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Davij038
FYI Tom Watson has banned him and said he is 'not welcome'.

I'm pretty much in agreement with everything Bornblue said- Corbyn has many faults we don't need to make up ones. Pedophilia is not a political ideology, despite certain conspiuracy theorists.

I didn't say Corbyn supports paedophilia, I was pointing out that this paedophile activist clearly saw Corbyn's ascension as a signal it would be okay for him to join Labour.

There are other undesirables like George Galloway and his supporters who have apparently taken the same signals
Original post by GoldenFang
I didn't say Corbyn supports paedophilia, I was pointing out that this paedophile activist clearly saw Corbyn's ascension as a signal it would be okay for him to join Labour.

There are other undesirables like George Galloway and his supporters who have apparently taken the same signals

Meh.

I pretty much agree with this:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/labour-party-nick-cohen-why-i-wont-be-leaving-left-1521503
What do you mean? If they say it on Twitter, it's pretty obvious they believe it. Why would an Islamist tweet that he celebrates Corbyn's win if he didn't mean it?

Clearly they did celebrate, because they know a Corbyn win is good for their cause. There was Ibrahim Hewitt, Mo Ansar, Abou Jahjah amongst many others.

Why are you so set on denying what is obvious to anyone who is not Corbynista?

I will keep my assertion at "celebrated". You are seriously denying that British Islamists see Corbyn's ascension as a good thing?

I applaud your even-handedness. Many Corbynista flat-out deny that Corbyn has anything to be ashamed of or apologise for regarding his relationships with Islamist extremists.

You are denying that Twitter is a reliable source to cite what people believe and say themselves? If Abou Jahjah tweets "I love Corbyn", it is reasonable to assert that Abou Jahjah loves Corbyn

It's very strange you would deny that, and start claiming it's all "lies" and "made up" to cite what people say themselves on Twitter

Well that's disgustingly racist. You're asserting that because someone has a Muslim name, they are therefore a Muslim extremist.
Yes twitter makes minority opinions seem a lot more prevalent.
How many celebrated then? And if they love him so much why have they not joined?

I'm not having it that Islamic terrorists, and supporters of terrorism are in vast number sat there celebrating Corbyn's victory. I don't doubt he has a lot of Muslim support - Labour generally do, the same was true for Blair and Miliband but you need to show actual proof that Islamic extremists are in number celebrating.

And twitter doesn't cut it. How many islamic extremists have joined Labour?

Twitter is an awful source to cite for a proposition. Show me some hard factual data, not just 'abu on twitter said this'
Reply 23

Good article, I really like Bloodworth. He's been staunch from the very beginning on calling out Corbyn for his relationship with homophobes and fascists.

And I agree with him about not leaving the left, there are too many important issues to be fought (opposing the Tories on their obscene attack on trade unions, their privatisation agenda, their gerrymandering of the electoral system). Also, Corbyn doesn't define the left, he's not going to chase me out of my political homeland.

But I do think it's vital that those on the left who oppose Corbyn speak up loudly about it

I really dislike these egotistical, self pompous 'i'm leaving labour/tories' big speeches.
A bit of a pet hate. If you want to leave, leave, stop with the inflated sense of self importance.
Reply 25
Original post by Bornblue
Well that's disgustingly racist. You're asserting that because someone has a Muslim name, they are therefore a Muslim extremist.

I'm sorry but you've just jumped the shark.

I pointed out Abou Jahjah, Ibrahim Hewitt and Mo Ansar because they are extremists (they're pretty well known in the atheist/humanist community), I didn't just pick some random Muslim-sounding person. You're very odd, you know that

Making an unsubstantiated accusation of racism is pretty low, particularly given it came from your own ignorance and the gaps in your knowledge regarding who these three guys are. I don't really want to argue with you if you're going to resort to such revolting tactics
(edited 8 years ago)
I really dislike these egotistical, self pompous 'i'm leaving labour/tories' big speeches.
A bit of a pet hate. If you want to leave, leave, stop with the inflated sense of self importance.

Well, the author was saying why he isn't.

The journalists of opinion pieces are being paid to say what they think, so there's inevitably going to be some ego involved. Mine would leave orbit if i got paid to do that!
I'm sorry but you've just jumped the shark.

I pointed out Abou Jahjah, Ibrahim Hewitt and Mo Ansar because they are extremists, I didn't just pick some random Muslim-sounding person. You're very odd, you know that

That's exactly what you did. You implied that a Muslim sounding name supporting Corbyn fitted in with your theory that extremists support him.

So go on, show me some actual hard evidence of islamic extremists celebrating? Why have they not joined the labour party?
Twitter is not a reliable source. Show me figures which genuinely support your proposition?
Original post by Davij038
Well, the author was saying why he isn't.

The journalists of opinion pieces are being paid to say what they think, so there's inevitably going to be some ego involved. Mine would leave orbit if i got paid to do that!

Sorry misread the title and thought it was another one of those egotistical 'why i'm leaving the labour/tory party speeches'.
Reply 29
That's exactly what you did. You implied that a Muslim sounding name supporting Corbyn fitted in with your theory that extremists support him

No, I cited particular tweets by three well-known extremists. I didn't just pick some random Muslim-sounding guys.

I'm not going to debate with someone who just makes random accusations of racism when he's not getting anywhere with his position. Your ignorance of who Jahjah, Hewitt and Ansar are is not a justification to sink so low.
Reply 30
Sorry misread the title and thought it was another one of those egotistical 'why i'm leaving the labour/tory party speeches'.

Jumped the gun again. What a surprise
Jumped the gun again. What a surprise

Haha. Cheap shot 😘
No, I cited particular tweets by three well-known extremists. I didn't just pick some random Muslim-sounding guys.

I'm not going to debate with someone who just makes random accusations of racism when he's not getting anywhere with his position. Your ignorance of who Jahjah, Hewitt and Ansar are is not a justification to sink so low.

Not getting anywhere?
You're the one implying Corbyn in some way supports child sex offenders. Based on the fact one joined. So by that token Cameron supports middle aged men who bully children to commit suicide right?

And you're the one who uses Twitter as your source of information. Pathetic, use a reliable source.
Sorry mate I'm going to need actual data, not 3 examples from Twitter

And stop avoiding the question. How many extremist Muslims have joined labour?
How many extremist Muslims have celebrated? You've shown me three so far, all from Twitter. How many altogether
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 33
Haha. Cheap shot 😘

Being accused of a cheap shot by you is like being accused of slouching by the hunchback of Notre Dame
Reply 34

And you're the one who uses Twitter as your source of information. Pathetic, use a reliable source.

It is a perfectly reliable source for citing people's opinions. If Bornblue tweets "I'm a Corbynista", then it's absolutely valid to use that as evidence that Bornblue says of himself that he is a Corbynista.

That's not the same as citing someone else's tweet who claims Bornblue is a Corbynista. If I have to explain the difference to you, then I suspect you're just not very bright and we won't get far.

You accused me of racism with no basis whatsoever when you asked for evidence of any Islamic extremists celebrating Corbyn's win, and I linked to three tweets by known Islamic extremists. You then became hysterical and started bellowing about racism with no justification.

If you can't bring yourself to apologise and admit you were wrong, then this has to be our last interaction
Reply 35

How many extremist Muslims have celebrated? You've shown me three so far, all from Twitter. How many altogether

So now you admit they are extremists, which means it was ****ing disgraceful to accuse me of racism for linking to those three tweets, on the basis of their actual, publicly-known views not simply because I randomly selected someone Muslim-sounding.

Apologise or stand condemned as a flake
So now you admit they are extremists, which means it was ****ing disgraceful to accuse me of racism for linking to those three tweets, on the basis of their actual, publicly-known views not simply because I randomly selected someone Muslim-sounding.

Apologise or stand condemned as a flake

I apologise, I thought you were generally stating a Muslims name.

Now you should admit your point about Corbyn and paedphilia is wrong. You're somehow trying to make out that a paedophile supporting labour implies Corbyn has some sort of sympathy/support.

A party leader is not to be held account of a criminal joins their party, it's not like Corbyn has a host of pro-child sex offender policies is it?

There is plenty to attack Corbyn on, you don't need to resort to this, it's utterly desperate. It's no more his fault than it so Cameron's fault that a child bullier joined the Tories.

It's a flawed logic.

As for the Islamic extremist point, you've shown three examples. Your initial point word for word was that Corbyn 'attracted' Islamic extremists. How many? And how many have joined?

Give precise figures.
(edited 8 years ago)

C'mon fam, there's no need to use such non-arguments when trying to criticise Corbyn. There're so many legitimate criticisms of his many, many cock-ups that you shouldn't need to resort to this nonsense.
Reply 38
I apologise, I thought you were generally stating a Muslims name.

Now you should admit your point about Corbyn and paedphilia is wrong. You're somehow trying to make out that a paedophile supporting labour implies Corbyn has some sort of sympathy/support.

I absolutely accept that Corbyn is not a paedophile supporter. I was simply drawing attention to the fact that a paedophile activist apparently perceived Corbyn's rise as his time to join. Was it a bit mischievous? Okay yeah, I accept that. I take it on the chin. But it's also fallacious to claim I was asserting he is in favour of that.

As for the Islamic extremist point, you've shown three examples. Your initial point word for word was that Corbyn 'attracted' Islamic extremists.

Use some logic, for goodness sake. It's clear Islamic extremists view Corbyn's rise as a move in the right direction from their perspective. Is that fair?
I absolutely accept that Corbyn is not a paedophile supporter. I was simply drawing attention to the fact that a paedophile activist apparently perceived Corbyn's rise as his time to join. Was it a bit mischievous? Okay yeah, I accept that. I take it on the chin. But it's also fallacious to claim I was asserting he is in favour of that.

Use some logic, for goodness sake. It's clear Islamic extremists view Corbyn's rise as a move in the right direction from their perspective. Is that fair?

The Paedophile point is moot. Someone who is a paedohpile may be left or right wing, it's not consigned to a political leaning, just as bullying a child isn't.

As for Islamic extremists, I don't like Corbyns links to certain islamic groups, not at all. Nonetheless if you're going to argue he's attracted swathes of islamic extremists, i'm gonna need more proof then three people on twitter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending