Resource 5

Also, post your answers to the following questions:
1 Favourite Set Piece
2 Least Favourite Set Piece
3 Most Confident Set Piece
4 Least Confident Set Piece
5 Do You Regret Taking Music?
6 Have You Started Revising Yet

Predictions for the essays in Section B of the paper are also helpful so if you have any suggestions please say.

Other Resources would also be useful!

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hey! Firstly thanks for those resources :bigsmile:,
1. Favorite: And The Glory Of The Lord (Closely followed by Something's Coming)
2. Least Favorite: Rag Desh
3. Most confident: And The Glory Of The Lord
4. Lest confident: Rag Desh (If you look carefully you may be able to see a relation between how much I like it and how confident I am in it!)
5. Regret?: Um... Sorry for starting this thread off on such a negative note, but yes, yes I do, very much. It is easily my worst subject, by far :frown:.
6. Revising yet?: I plan to start soon... *cue inevitable procrastination*

Predictions? I'm hoping for Handel, but we never know. https://imgur.com/bRSNhbP - This seems relevant, but it was wrong for 2015, it seems Edexcel are mixing it up :mad:. Oh and last years revision threads are also quite useful.

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by M141
Hey! Firstly thanks for those resources :bigsmile:,
1. Favorite: And The Glory Of The Lord (Closely followed by Something's Coming)
3. Most confident: And The Glory Of The Lord
4. Lest confident: Rag Desh (If you look carefully you may be able to see a relation between how much I like it and how confident I am in it!)
5. Regret?: Um... Sorry for starting this thread off on such a negative note, but yes, yes I do, very much. It is easily my worst subject, by far :frown:.
6. Revising yet?: I plan to start soon... *cue inevitable procrastination*

Predictions? I'm hoping for Handel, but we never know. https://imgur.com/bRSNhbP - This seems relevant, but it was wrong for 2015, it seems Edexcel are mixing it up :mad:. Oh and last years revision threads are also quite useful.

Spoiler

I really want Handel to be the essay too
1) Favourite...Mozart and Capercaille
2) Hate... Somethings Coming and Peripetie (eww)
3) Most confident...Handel
4) Least Confident...All Blues
5) Regret...Nope
6) Revising...don't make me laugh

Predictions? I dunno! ^_^
Favourite Set Piece - Capercaille or Chopin
Least Favourite Set Piece - All blues or rag desh - too long for me tbh
Most Confident Set Piece - Peripetie in all honesty
Least Confident Set Piece - All blues 100%
Do You Regret Taking Music? - I really don't. The written exam part is all relatively simple to learn and a lot of it you can wing anyway so its really not bad at all. I found the performance part the easiest as i just kept recording again and again until it was perfect, but composition is a killer
Have You Started Revising Yet - pfft
How are everybody's compositions coming along? Or have you guys all finished them?

Mine's due in next week, and I've still got about forty seconds left to compose :s-smilie:

Spoiler

Original post by asox
PEARSON EDEXCEL GCSE MUSIC THREAD

Here are some resources which may be useful for revision:

Resource 1
Resource 2
Resource 3
Resource 4
Resource 5

Also, post your answers to the following questions:
1 Favourite Set Piece
2 Least Favourite Set Piece
3 Most Confident Set Piece
4 Least Confident Set Piece
5 Do You Regret Taking Music?
6 Have You Started Revising Yet

Predictions for the essays in Section B of the paper are also helpful so if you have any suggestions please say.

Other Resources would also be useful!

:smile:

Favourite set peice is defo : Somethings Coming or Chopin
Least favourite peice : Mozart and All Blues and Rag Desh
Most confident : ATGOTL and Somethings Coming
Least confident : All Blues
Do i regret music : no i love it but i hate it equally
Have i started revision : Hell no
Predictions? ATGOTL and Capercaille to be the 2 10 markers :smile:
1. Favorite: Raindrop Prelude, then Skye Waulking Song, then Mozart's 40th, then Grace. Those are the four that I like, then there are a few like Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad and Koko Yiri that are okay and I don't really mind.

2. Least Favorite: Rag Desh, then Peripetie

3. Most confident: Well, I've just spent a few hours revising And the Glory of the Lord, so that. But I'm really about equal in confidence, I don't know that much about any of the to be honest :/
I think once I have spent a few hours revising all of them I will be most confident in Raindrop Prelude as a I actually like it and so listen to it when not doing revision, either that or Peripetie (because even though it sounds horrible I find most of the techniques are so weird and unusual that they're easy to remember)

4. Least confident: Rag Desh. Our teacher just sprung upon us that there are actually three different versions of Rag Desh, and we have to learn them all, and we don't know which one will appear in the test. ffs Pearson

5. Regret?: Eh, somewhat. Given the choice, I would probably take it again, but it's really quite **** other than a few set works and the coursework. The coursework I like because it's just playing and writing actual music, but the exam stuff is just "memorizing facts" about a bunch of **** pieces of music. I expected to actually get taught music theory, not this nonsensy memorization of useless stuff.

Also, the amount of work is annoying. I know it's nothing in comparison to what A levels will be like, but graphics and music together make up about 40% of my GCSE work, and that's just too much for being two optional subjects.

6. Revising yet?: I just started yesterday.

Section B Prediction: my music teacher said that Handel and Capercaille hadn't come up recently for section B (or at all, I don't remember), and so they're likely to be in this year's section B. I'd recommend revising those more, neither are that hard as they both use fairly memorable techniques, so if those two come up for the section B then it'll be good.You guys should ask your music teachers what there prediction is for this year's section B is, as they will know the exam board and the past papers better than any of us.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
1) Favourite: Raindrop Prelude, soooo relaxing and I just love Chopin. Also quite a fan of Capercaillie

2) Least Favourite: Peripetie, makes me stressed just listening to it

3) Most Confident: Probably Chopin because I've learnt to play the piece

4) Least Confident: Rag Desh and Yiri, have spent about half a lesson on each...

5) Regret? Definitely not, Music is a nice break from all the other subjects

6) Revising yet? Sadly yes, trying to have a productive Easter holiday...
Reply 9
1) Favourite: Jeff Buckley, Mozart and Handel

2) Least Favourite: Peripetie, Rag Desh & Yiri

3) Most Confident: Either Chopin or Buckley

4) Least Confident: Rag Desh and Yiri

5) Regret? Somewhat, its a lot of work for a subject that i won't continue with

6) Revising yet? Unfortunately

Does anyone have any really effective ways of learning the set works? I've tried to listen to the pieces and go over my notes, but it just doesn't seem to go in. HELP ME :confused:
1. Favorite: Something's Coming
3. Most confident: Peripetie
4. Lest confident: Yiri
5. Regret?: Kind of.... for listening
6. Revising yet?: PFFFFTTTT not until late may :tongue:
Favourite: Everything apart from Peripetie
Least Favourite: Peripetie
Most Confident: Everything apart from Peripetie
Least Confident: Peripetie
Regret: Not a single bit <3 It's kind of sad I'm not doing it for A level though
Revision: Ain't nobody got time for that - I'll do that later 2 weeks before the exam XD
Favourite: Schoenberg, or Davis.
Least Favourite: Reich ....
Most Confident: Pretty much everything..
Least Confident: Reich, and Moby.
Regret: Yes, I absolutely hate music, there is nothing 'musical' to it.
Revision: Yeh, I started a couple of months ago.

http://www.spurin.co.uk/Worksheets.htm
http://www.thehazeleyacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/MR-TIGHTS-GCSE-Music-Revision-Guides.pdf

Also, there is a really good chance that Capercaille will be the essay, and Handel isn't likely to be the essay because it hasn't been a listening for 2 years.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Holly.Hodgson99
Favourite: Schoenberg, or Davis.
Least Favourite: Reich ....
Most Confident: Pretty much everything..
Least Confident: Reich, and Moby.
Regret: Yes, I absolutely hate music, there is nothing 'musical' to it.
Revision: Yeh, I started a couple of months ago.

http://www.spurin.co.uk/Worksheets.htm
http://www.thehazeleyacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/MR-TIGHTS-GCSE-Music-Revision-Guides.pdf

Also, there is a really good chance that Capercaille will be the essay, and Handel isn't likely to be the essay because it hasn't been a listening for 2 years.

Oh, please not Capercaillie... I just can't write about her.

Anyway, how's the rest of music going? I'm guessing you've finished performance and composition?

Spoiler

Original post by TheOtherSide.
Oh, please not Capercaillie... I just can't write about her.

Anyway, how's the rest of music going? I'm guessing you've finished performance and composition?

Spoiler

Haha, yeh, our school has pretty much finished composition, and recording ^^
Original post by Holly.Hodgson99
Haha, yeh, our school has pretty much finished composition, and recording ^^

Oh yeah, just remembered that everything has to be handed in by Friday this week anyway.. :lol:
I'm the same and still have almost a whole piece to compose, as a drummer I really have no idea about how to compose anything that even sounds musical
Original post by Edwardo_SR
I'm the same and still have almost a whole piece to compose, as a drummer I really have no idea about how to compose anything that even sounds musical

Why not play to your strengths then? You could compose something that heavily features drum solos, or just features lots of percussion instruments? :dontknow:

1 Favourite Set Piece- Jeff Buckley defiantly.

2 Least Favourite Set Piece- A few months ago I would have said Miles Davis but now I'm struggling with Rag Desh as it was the last set work we studied...

3 Most Confident Set Piece- Between Handel and Chopin.

4 Least Confident Set Piece- Rag Desh as the
3 versions really throw me off.

5 Do You Regret Taking Music? No I thought it would be more music based and I thought I would find that difficult as I'm a singer and I don't really know much about music theory and I find that the time you spend revsing is defiantly reflected in your results (let's hope the exams the same)

6 Have You Started Revising Yet- Yes I revise Music a lot as I actually enjoy it and I find if I don't revise I forget all of it!

Predictions for the essays in Section B- Either Handel (as it wasn't on the paper at all last year) or Capercaille as it has never been an essay question.

My teacher has given us a booklet with a breakdown of all the set works I can post a picture of each page if anyone wants it (it's perfect for revision.)
[QUOTE="Eleanorking;64655925"]
Original post by asox

1 Favourite Set Piece- Jeff Buckley defiantly.

2 Least Favourite Set Piece- A few months ago I would have said Miles Davis but now I'm struggling with Rag Desh as it was the last set work we studied...

3 Most Confident Set Piece- Between Handel and Chopin.

4 Least Confident Set Piece- Rag Desh as the
3 versions really throw me off.

5 Do You Regret Taking Music? No I thought it would be more music based and I thought I would find that difficult as I'm a singer and I don't really know much about music theory and I find that the time you spend revsing is defiantly reflected in your results (let's hope the exams the same)

6 Have You Started Revising Yet- Yes I revise Music a lot as I actually enjoy it and I find if I don't revise I forget all of it!

Predictions for the essays in Section B- Either Handel (as it wasn't on the paper at all last year) or Capercaille as it has never been an essay question.

My teacher has given us a booklet with a breakdown of all the set works I can post a picture of each page if anyone wants it (it's perfect for revision.)

Can you show me your revision booklet please

Quick Reply

Latest