Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Just got allocated here and thought I'd make a thread. I've got an offer for Ancient, Medieval and Modern History.

Is anyone going to the open days?

Congrats to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! So I found out through the website that I've been allocated to Chad's! My offer's for Biological Sciences.

Thinking of going to the Monday open day but not sure whether to stay over... very excited though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evealice)
    Hey! So I found out through the website that I've been allocated to Chad's! My offer's for Biological Sciences.

Thinking of going to the Monday open day but not sure whether to stay over... very excited though!
    Awesome, congrats! I'm going up for the Tuesday/Wednesday one because there's no way I'd be able to get there in time for the 10am start

ReputationRep:
    I applied and got allocated to Chad's! I didn't expect to be allocated to Chad's considering the size of the college but I'm so happy

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I also applied and got St Chads, I'm studying English literature. I'm going to the Monday/Tuesday open day and I'm so nervous :/

ReputationRep:
    This thread is rather lonely! Anyone else been allocated Chads lately?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how the sharing rooms works at Chad's? Are all first years put in shared rooms?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I got an offer from Chad's a few weeks back, if I'm honest I didn't do all that much research into the collages but chose Chad's because the small community vibe appealed to me I should be going on the Tuesday/Wednesday visit!
    I'm studying Music so it would be neat if anyone can chip in about the music life/course in Chad's and Durham in general

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I have been allocated to St. Chad's. I was wondering, do you live within the college? Or in the city? Was confused when I saw it had 10 residencies. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astriddd)
    Hello! I have been allocated to St. Chad's. I was wondering, do you live within the college? Or in the city? Was confused when I saw it had 10 residencies. Thanks!
    You live in the college for your first year, second years tend to live in flats with friends and third year is either in college or in a flat.

I think Chad's has multiple buildings down the Bailey so you could be placed in any of those for your first year but then there is the main building as well which also has shared rooms. That's what I gathered from the open day at least!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazzibella)
    You live in the college for your first year, second years tend to live in flats with friends and third year is either in college or in a flat.

I think Chad's has multiple buildings down the Bailey so you could be placed in any of those for your first year but then there is the main building as well which also has shared rooms. That's what I gathered from the open day at least!
    But these are buildings in Durham, not within the college walls? If that makes sense hahaha

ReputationRep:
    But these are buildings in Durham, not within the college walls? If that makes sense hahaha
    I don't really know what you mean haha! The college is in Durham itself...

ReputationRep:
    Yes the buildings are not in the main college but they are all on the same street and within about 500m from each other maximum. You don't have far to walk

ReputationRep:
    Okay this may be a strange question, but do you like studying in Durham? Can you please elaborate on what makes it great/not so great? I am really in between choices (and countries), and I would really appreciate your honest opinions!

I would also like to hear what you think about St.Chad's! Are you glad you were allocated there? What makes it great/not so great? etc. Thanks in advance for your help! Xx

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if the Uni will have broken up by the Open Days?

ReputationRep:
    I've een allocated to St Chads - was so surprised to get into the college I wanted!

Going on the 22-23rd open day.

Hope to see some of you there!

ReputationRep:
    Allocated to Chad's (wool!) for Sociology. Going 21st/22nd for the Open Day, pretty excited + nervous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cal-lum)
    Allocated to Chad's (wool!) for Sociology. Going 21st/22nd for the Open Day, pretty excited + nervous.
    Congrats! I've been accepted to do Anthropology and Sociology at Chad's! I can't make the open day though unfortunately...hope to hear all about it on the Student Room though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cal-lum)
    I'm going on the 21st/22nd as well! Also very excited and very nervous. I live in Newcastle so it's not too far from home but I still get nervous aha

ReputationRep:
    I received an offer from St Chads last week - I really hadn't expected to get my first choice of college as it's so small! My offer is for Archaeology and Ancient Civilisations

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.