The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

St Chad's College Thread 2016

Hi! Just got allocated here and thought I'd make a thread. I've got an offer for Ancient, Medieval and Modern History.

Is anyone going to the open days?

Congrats to everyone!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! So I found out through the website that I've been allocated to Chad's! My offer's for Biological Sciences.

Thinking of going to the Monday open day but not sure whether to stay over... very excited though!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by evealice
Hey! So I found out through the website that I've been allocated to Chad's! My offer's for Biological Sciences.

Thinking of going to the Monday open day but not sure whether to stay over... very excited though!

Awesome, congrats! I'm going up for the Tuesday/Wednesday one because there's no way I'd be able to get there in time for the 10am start :biggrin:
I applied and got allocated to Chad's! I didn't expect to be allocated to Chad's considering the size of the college but I'm so happy :smile:
Hi, I also applied and got St Chads, I'm studying English literature. I'm going to the Monday/Tuesday open day and I'm so nervous :/
This thread is rather lonely! Anyone else been allocated Chads lately?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how the sharing rooms works at Chad's? Are all first years put in shared rooms? :smile:
Reply 7
Hey, I got an offer from Chad's a few weeks back, if I'm honest I didn't do all that much research into the collages but chose Chad's because the small community vibe appealed to me :smile: I should be going on the Tuesday/Wednesday visit!
I'm studying Music so it would be neat if anyone can chip in about the music life/course in Chad's and Durham in general
Reply 8
Hello! I have been allocated to St. Chad's. I was wondering, do you live within the college? Or in the city? Was confused when I saw it had 10 residencies. Thanks!
Original post by astriddd
Hello! I have been allocated to St. Chad's. I was wondering, do you live within the college? Or in the city? Was confused when I saw it had 10 residencies. Thanks!

You live in the college for your first year, second years tend to live in flats with friends and third year is either in college or in a flat.

I think Chad's has multiple buildings down the Bailey so you could be placed in any of those for your first year but then there is the main building as well which also has shared rooms. That's what I gathered from the open day at least! :smile:
Original post by jazzibella
You live in the college for your first year, second years tend to live in flats with friends and third year is either in college or in a flat.

I think Chad's has multiple buildings down the Bailey so you could be placed in any of those for your first year but then there is the main building as well which also has shared rooms. That's what I gathered from the open day at least! :smile:

But these are buildings in Durham, not within the college walls? If that makes sense hahaha
But these are buildings in Durham, not within the college walls? If that makes sense hahaha

I don't really know what you mean haha! The college is in Durham itself...:smile:

Yes the buildings are not in the main college but they are all on the same street and within about 500m from each other maximum. You don't have far to walk :smile:
Okay this may be a strange question, but do you like studying in Durham? Can you please elaborate on what makes it great/not so great? I am really in between choices (and countries), and I would really appreciate your honest opinions!

I would also like to hear what you think about St.Chad's! Are you glad you were allocated there? What makes it great/not so great? etc. Thanks in advance for your help! Xx
Does anyone know if the Uni will have broken up by the Open Days?
Reply 15
I've een allocated to St Chads - was so surprised to get into the college I wanted!

Going on the 22-23rd open day.

Hope to see some of you there!
Allocated to Chad's (wool!) for Sociology. Going 21st/22nd for the Open Day, pretty excited + nervous.
Original post by Cal-lum
Allocated to Chad's (wool!) for Sociology. Going 21st/22nd for the Open Day, pretty excited + nervous.

Congrats! I've been accepted to do Anthropology and Sociology at Chad's! I can't make the open day though unfortunately...hope to hear all about it on the Student Room though! :smile:
Original post by Cal-lum

I'm going on the 21st/22nd as well! Also very excited and very nervous. I live in Newcastle so it's not too far from home but I still get nervous aha
Reply 19
I received an offer from St Chads last week - I really hadn't expected to get my first choice of college as it's so small! My offer is for Archaeology and Ancient Civilisations :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending