Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Some people are starting in November I believe, though I expect it's belated starters from the February campaign.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escapalda lamen)
    Yep im in the same boat. Havent heard anything since as well. My preferred location is london.
    Same boat too. Fed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplymekaty)
    Same boat too. Fed up.
    What role did you guys apply for?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=daj19;68094626]What role did you guys apply for?[/QUOTE

I applied for the CSR/1320/16 - Higher Officer Caseworker and was interviewed on 28 July In Nottingham (I updated my preference to include Birmingham at my interview) .
    I was given a provisional offer on 13 September, which I accepted, and was told pre-employment checks would take approx 20 days.
    I have heard nothing since.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=simplymekaty;68094772]
    (Original post by daj19)
    What role did you guys apply for?[/QUOTE

I applied for the CSR/1320/16 - Higher Officer Caseworker and was interviewed on 28 July In Nottingham (I updated my preference to include Birmingham at my interview) .
    I was given a provisional offer on 13 September, which I accepted, and was told pre-employment checks would take approx 20 days.
    Im guessing you won't hear back till next month then, I got my provisional offer on the 16th August and only received my DBS certificate yesterday and I am still waiting for my formal offer.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=simplymekaty;68094772]
    (Original post by daj19)
    What role did you guys apply for?[/QUOTE

They must be dealing with Manchester candidates first.. Im currently being checked by manpower even though I work in the civil service. Makes no sense but oh well.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=daj19;68094860]
    (Original post by simplymekaty)

Im guessing you won't hear back till next month then, I got my provisional offer on the 16th August and only received my DBS certificate yesterday and I am still waiting for my formal offer.
    How quickly did they contact you to get your DBS check? My referee's haven't been contacted yet but I was told via email from the internal recruitment team yesterday, they aren't always contacted anyways.

ReputationRep:
    I have received an email today stating that my security checks have been completed and someone would be in touch shortly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachie93)
    I have received an email today stating that my security checks have been completed and someone would be in touch shortly.
    Hi Rachie... what location did u apply for??

ReputationRep:
    Did you get sent an OH assist questionnaire in the post?

ReputationRep:
    I received the same email today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Percypig79)
    Hi Rachie... what location did u apply for??
    I applied to Liverpool, Manchester, Salford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memoryfish)
    Not that i'm aware of! All I've received through the post is my DBS certificate

ReputationRep:
    I received an oh form in the post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sac14)
    I received an oh form in the post
    I didn't receive one .....but hopefully I'll get the same email soon :s

Did u only get the form because you declared something on the health declaration? Because the OH would assess your health condition...

ReputationRep:
    I didn't receive one .....but hopefully I'll get the same email soon :s

Did u only get the form because you declared something on the health declaration? Because the OH would assess your health condition...
    No i dont have any health conditions.

I recieved my DBS in the post yesterday and got the email today to say that pre employment checks have been successful

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully we will receive start date soon. This whole process is torture

ReputationRep:
    I've just received the email (first one since accepting provisional offer in September) asking to complete health deceleration, character references & crb check. Applied for London

ReputationRep:
    Well done, at least some are seeing progress!

ReputationRep:
    I hadn't heard anything since the provisional offer (I applied for Birmingham), so contacted Manpower yesterday. They explained that there had been an issue with the verification of documents by HMRC (though I can't confirm this is the case) so were in the process of arranging dates and venues for these to be re-checking any documents that were not correctly validated/are out of date and once they have these dates and venues will be communicating this to people. I was advised that this would be by the end of this week and to contact them again next Monday if I hadn't heard anything. They seemed sympathetic to the ongoing situation and said they were dealing with upwards of 3000 applications (for various positions within HMRC I assume) as quickly as they could but had been hampered by this validation issue. Will be checking my inbox this week and I guess I will have to wait and see.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.