Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've just had a call on an unknown number too which was HMRC asking me what my notice period was (for Nottingham I presume). She said they needed it to update my file. No further details offered other than that.

ReputationRep:
    I have just heard from a source that offer letters will be going out later this week - not sure whether via email or post so just keep checking!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know anything about the Concentrix staff that were part of the axed HMRC contract getting redeployed to HMRC directly?

That's a lot of number of jobs being given out and was wondering if it would have any impact on our current recruitment

http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/busi...-35147901.html
    Name:  IMG_1293.JPG
Views: 58
Size:  276.5 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMK2016)
    Anybody know anything about the Concentrix staff that were part of the axed HMRC contract getting redeployed to HMRC directly?

That's a lot of number of jobs being given out and was wondering if it would have any impact on our current recruitment

http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/busi...-35147901.html
    Name:  IMG_1293.JPG
Views: 58
Size:  276.5 KB

It wouldn't really impact too much as most of these positions would be at AO level, so might delay the current AO recruitment campaign in Belfast (recently 500 people were interviewed for between 200-300 advertised posts at this grade for Belfast, I suspect that this large intake number may have been a result of the service disaster and the terminated contract).

I imagine that they will most likely be given temporary contracts until the end of the contracted period and HMRC will recruit permanent staff through their own process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HammerThyme)
    It wouldn't really impact too much as most of these positions would be at AO level, so might delay the current AO recruitment campaign in Belfast (recently 500 people were interviewed for between 200-300 advertised posts at this grade for Belfast, I suspect that this large intake number may have been a result of the service disaster and the terminated contract).

I imagine that they will most likely be given temporary contracts until the end of the contracted period and HMRC will recruit permanent staff through their own process.
    Not HMRCs responsibility that an outsourced company failed, now they're taking on the employees. Disgraceful tbh and I feel bad for the people at concentrix who weren't trained and were mismanaged but some big wig somewhere will be getting an SO salary on the transition period. Truly awful. Shows the commitment to good customer service - yeah right!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else still waiting for this call? For those that have received one, was there any indication of a start date?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memoryfish)
    Anyone else still waiting for this call? For those that have received one, was there any indication of a start date?
    It's likely going to be another 4 to 5 weeks of the offers are going out this week

ReputationRep:
    It's just a shame that I've not received a call yet, even my CS Jobs status has changed to 'pre-employment checks passed'

ReputationRep:
    Best contact number/email to arrange a collection of documents anyone? Im not getting responses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawgrad13)
    I have just heard from a source that offer letters will be going out later this week - not sure whether via email or post so just keep checking!
    It will be via email. You get contract on first day normally.

I'll be one of your buddies when you start.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Belfast applicant for July 2016 external application,

my phone call today was focused around, "we didn't send you dbs check and now your documents are too old, please come to Lisburn to submit new ones tomorrow as that's the deadline".

I had to book an appointment time so I assume there are many in the same boat (my documents were dated July 2016).

Needless to say, discovering that they sat on their hands until I emailed them on Friday has left me feeling full of joy and confident that my application will be completed in a timely fashion.

Yes.Still waiting on my dbs application to be sent and I've been given one day's notice that things need amended...

ReputationRep:
    Same here zasx I've to go to Lisburn tomorrow, at least it's moving

ReputationRep:
    I had a phonecall, basically from the people who are doing our checks. she said all checks are still being done but they need to find out our notice periods but doesnt know anything more about when we will start. However my notice period changes from Feb and i advised her this and she said "i would imagine you would start before feb"

ReputationRep:
    No phone calls here yet! I'm expecting a phone call about a job interview I had yesterday too - this week's going to be a rough ride!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memoryfish)
    It's just a shame that I've not received a call yet, even my CS Jobs status has changed to 'pre-employment checks passed'
    I'm in the same position as you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sac14)
    Me too. It's been 8 months now and still no star date

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawgrad13)
    Great news. How reliable is your source? And does he/she know if this applies nationwide? Fingers crossed for an email at end of week 😉

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sac14)
    Have Your checks been completed too ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmin_Begum)
    I was made a provisional HO offer off of the back of last years TSP (met requirements at AC but put on the reserve list for London). I received a provisional offer for CSR/1666/16 on 23/08 so almost 9 weeks ago but have heard absolutely nothing since! I contacted DBS and there's no application in my name and CSR still says provisional offer. Is anyone else in the same situation?? I'm starting to get a bit worried as I can see pre-employment checks being completed for others.
    In the same boat and received my offer for Manchester on the same date. I can only think that the offer we have is a 2 year HO Tax Professional Programme and many others who have already started or had their checks completed have applied directly for the role they've been given, or are from a different reserve list/cycle. So nope it's not just you at all. I tried on the same numbers you did but wasn't able to get through. I'm just gonna sit tight for now instead of chasing around only to get a generic template email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDW87)
    In the same boat and received my offer for Manchester on the same date. I can only think that the offer we have is a 2 year HO Tax Professional Programme and many others who have already started or had their checks completed have applied directly for the role they've been given, or are from a different reserve list/cycle. So nope it's not just you at all. I tried on the same numbers you did but wasn't able to get through. I'm just gonna sit tight for now instead of chasing around only to get a generic template email.
    That makes me feel a lot better. That makes sense maybe that's why we haven't been contacted. Yeah you're right we just gotta sit tight, I suppose that's all we can do!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.