The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Twinpeaks
It's such a frustrating feeling isn't it, waiting every day for that email.

The thing is, my friend who applied for the same role and location as me received her DBS, and was informed that her checks were complete last week. Although she actually filled in her DBS I information a little later than I did. There seems to be no method to it at all.

Oh this saves me typing it out! Some people on here went to provide docs a week later than myself and are just awaiting formal offers, despite DBS being done later. My dbs hasnt been sent.

Btw, what role and location are you?

The thing which worries me is that I have been out of work for a while, would love to say it was to go travelling... but I had to look after my mother as there are no other family.
Obviosuly I didnt want to explain this in detail with explanation gaps.

I do hope this anguish ends soon for all, and of course positively.
Everyone needs to calm down a bit.

Check Zyro's message history. They appear to be a wum looking for a reaction. His posts often seem to have some 'info' that could cause panic or concern but never provide any specific details or evidence to back it up. He's not waiting for a post either, just has nothing better to do 'cause his mum has a parental lock on his wifi.

'Pinch of salt'
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by keeleyvic
Its so annoying! Every phone call or email I get gets my hopes up! Ive seen on the TPS thread that people have only been asked for their DBS two weeks ago and already received formal offers!
I've just sent an email to the guy who asked me to bring my documents in, no one else seems to want to give any answers.

I known the feeling mate. I nervously thought I was the only one checking email, post and TSR crazily.

As bad as it may sound, it is somewhat reassuring to know others share the same position, especially with the DBS not being sent etc.

I really hope we all make it! It is just that earlier post really got me worried and enhanced doubts which lets face it some have.
Original post by HammerThyme

Check Zyro's message history. They appear to be a wum looking for a reaction. His posts often seem to have some 'info' that could cause panic or concern but never provide any specific details or evidence to back it up. He's not waiting for a post either, just has nothing better to do 'cause his mum has a parental lock on his wifi.

'Pinch of salt'

Lol! 8/10

'Pinch of salt'

Your right! Are you a Hammer... were facing you in the mighty Capital One/Carling whateva League Cup. Shame it isnt at the London Stadium... I wouldve fancied Utd chances there than at home!

Just in case anyone wonders why I succumbed to the desire to lighten the mood; it was in memory of disgraced ex England manager who was not a fan of Hmrc.

Good night guys, I am sure none of us will be like this tommorow evening!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by keeleyvic
Its so annoying! Every phone call or email I get gets my hopes up! Ive seen on the TPS thread that people have only been asked for their DBS two weeks ago and already received formal offers!
I've just sent an email to the guy who asked me to bring my documents in, no one else seems to want to give any answers.

Your application process has been different to ours. Manpower did our dbs checks where as Hmrc will do yours
Original post by enterunsername
Your right! Are you a Hammer... were facing you in the mighty Capital One/Carling whateva League Cup. Shame it isnt at the London Stadium... I wouldve fancied Utd chances there than at home!

Just in case anyone wonders why I succumbed to the desire to lighten the mood; it was in memory of disgraced ex England manager who was not a fan of Hmrc.

Good night guys, I am sure none of us will be like this tommorow evening!

I am not actually a Hammer's fan, I wouldn't even say I am an MC Hammer fan either!

Hopefully there will be more movement tomorrow!
(edited 7 years ago)

'Pinch of salt'

Legend
I known the feeling mate. I nervously thought I was the only one checking email, post and TSR crazily.

As bad as it may sound, it is somewhat reassuring to know others share the same position, especially with the DBS not being sent etc.

I really hope we all make it! It is just that earlier post really got me worried and enhanced doubts which lets face it some have.

Nope, think its sending me crazy all this refreshing!
Just found a Manchester thread with someone else in the exact position as me which makes me feel slightly better.
Yep, I put in my email that there was talk of the positions not even existing or offers being cancelled. Obviously they won't admit to this if I do get a reply but with all the uncertainty floating around it might make them send out some update
Hey there Congly....I just had to join the conversation....did they email you out of the blue for this missing document, or was it responding to you.

Also was this missing document something additional or something they misplaced.... eager to know as nothing has progressed on my side and so It may clear the mist.

Good luck as some have mentioned this early Christmas present!

Hey, yeah it was an out of the blue one. When I presented my documents to be checked I took with literally every document I had from that list they give us. Then the lady said that most of them were not necessary and didn't photocopy them. 2 days ago I received this random email asking for a council tax or utility bill otherwise they couldn't progress with my pre-employment checks. The frustrating thing is that I took the bloody council tax bill with me when I was there!
Anyway, now I can only wait 😏
Reply 2190
Hey Zyro; you probably sent pulses racing on here! From what you have gathered is there any real risk that offers will be removed as their simply isnt the need etc/

There is still a need. There's other limiting factors from what I heard.

Original post by Twinpeaks
I'd be ****ing furious if this is the case having since turned down job offers after this :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Pretty hard to "take with a pinch of salt" after hearing that! I'm absolutely appalled with the lack of communication from CSR to be honest.

They should have clearly stated that the process will take approximately 3 months at least from receiving the provisional offer. I've had to take on part time work in the mean time, which means I'm struggle for money massively. But I also don't want to mess an organisation around by starting a proper full time job in the mean time.

They've put people into such a **** situation, honestly. Feel like I'm never going to get the job, and it was all some elaborate scam.

CSR don't know ****. They don't even know how many they need in a location. Nor what area of tax you'll be in. They just recruit x amount of people and wait cor information. Not to mention HR is drastically underfunded with not enough staff.

'Pinch of salt'

Meh. That's fine if you dont believe it. I'll continue to post any information I hear, though, because I know how fustrating the wait is. I did 9 months of that.
I contacted the email 031R and basically was told that once the pre-employment checks have been completed, the file is sent off and is not with them anymore to discuss further. She advised me to contact E and C recruitment instead.
Woah.... Didn't expect to see all this drama when I checked the chat this morning. This whole process is driving me nuts! One minute I'm excited, the next I'm P****d off! I totally understand the frustration of those of you who don't currently have a full time permanent job because you're waiting on this. Especially when you say you've been turning down job offers. I hate being in limbo! Even though I'm employed, my notice period is 2 months which is getting me so nervous because I'm not gonna be able to start when HMRC want me to. All we need is that start date from HMRC! Why are they making it so painful for us!
Original post by Waki7866
I contacted the email 031R and basically was told that once the pre-employment checks have been completed, the file is sent off and is not with them anymore to discuss further. She advised me to contact E and C recruitment instead.

I was told the same. The e and c line is useless they don't even bother to help you at all.
Folks,
I am waiting for the call but I have a holiday planned in December from the 12th for 7 days. Do you think this will be a problem? Any internallers got some advice?
Reply 2195
Original post by memoryfish
I was told the same. The e and c line is useless they don't even bother to help you at all.

Can i get the number for the e &c line please. Thanks
Reply 2196
Original post by DeltaGuy
Folks,
I am waiting for the call but I have a holiday planned in December from the 12th for 7 days. Do you think this will be a problem? Any internallers got some advice?

HMRC honours pre-booked holidays.
0300 123 1896 - let me know if they tell you a ny different.

I have a friend who works on the panel and advised we should be receiving letters if your due to start in November....or most likely in December...
Original post by Waki7866
0300 123 1896 - let me know if they tell you a ny different.

I have a friend who works on the panel and advised we should be receiving letters if your due to start in November....or most likely in December...

What campaign is this for?
Original post by 11222333abc
What campaign is this for?

1320/16 June

Latest

Trending

Trending