Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone with a formal offer in Salford/Manchester yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sljca)
    Anyone with a formal offer in Salford/Manchester yet?
    Nope still waiting.

You should try working for a charity - then you definitely wouldn't be complaining about the pay! I'm just looking forward to starting a new role - don't think it's always the best to get fixated on the money...but just my opinion and what works for me

ReputationRep:
    I agree!!! It's a pay rise for me, and the job sounds much more interesting than my current one!

ReputationRep:
    Spoke to CSR today and was informed that checks may take up to 4 weeks from the date of provisional offer. Another 2 weeks potentially before I hear anything! Anyone else heard anything regarding a formal offer?

As for the pay scale, yeah it's frustrating that we're stuck on the lower end of it...however 29,000 a year is a lot more than most people get nowadays! Plus the Tax Professional qualifications open up loads and loads of opportunities to have a great career and the potential to earn an extremely high salary in the future.

Cheers! (and let's hope we all hear something soon!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SW19!)
    Spoke to CSR today and was informed that checks may take up to 4 weeks from the date of provisional offer. Another 2 weeks potentially before I hear anything! Anyone else heard anything regarding a formal offer?

As for the pay scale, yeah it's frustrating that we're stuck on the lower end of it...however 29,000 a year is a lot more than most people get nowadays! Plus the Tax Professional qualifications open up loads and loads of opportunities to have a great career and the potential to earn an extremely high salary in the future.

Couldn't have put it better myself
    I've just emailed them actually as I'm applying for a mortgage and they've asked for confirmation of job offer and salary so hoping these checks will come through ASAP! Sure they'll just reply with the standard 4 weeks but thought I'd give it a try!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SW19!)

You'll be a trainee so you should be at the bottom of the payscale. It's the experienced staff who are still not much above the minimum you should have sympathy for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mega0448)
    You'll be a trainee so you should be at the bottom of the payscale. It's the experienced staff who are still not much above the minimum you should have sympathy for.
    I emailed them for some more info re: timescale for pre employment checks as I'm currently applying for a mortgage and they want a copy of my formal offer and salary. This is the response I got:

Good Morning Thank you for your e-mail. As the take up duty date is more than 3 months away the checks have not yet commence on this campaign. Once checks do commence they can take up to 20 working days for clearance, you will receive e-mail notification to confirm your checks are complete. Kind regardsCivil Service Resourcing

Can't quite believe it seen as at application and interview I was told start dates would be around June time. Pretty frustrating really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Echopark88)
    I emailed them for some more info re: timescale for pre employment checks as I'm currently applying for a mortgage and they want a copy of my formal offer and salary. This is the response I got:

Good Morning Thank you for your e-mail. As the take up duty date is more than 3 months away the checks have not yet commence on this campaign. Once checks do commence they can take up to 20 working days for clearance, you will receive e-mail notification to confirm your checks are complete. Kind regardsCivil Service Resourcing

Can't quite believe it seen as at application and interview I was told start dates would be around June time. Pretty frustrating really.
    I know for a fact that my checks have already started as I've already received my DBS certificate back and I was also asked to complete a health questionnaire online because I declared on the form they originally sent that I had been in hospital a couple of years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pukahontas)
    I know for a fact that my checks have already started as I've already received my DBS certificate back and I was also asked to complete a health questionnaire online because I declared on the form they originally sent that I had been in hospital a couple of years ago.
    Where are you going to be based? I'm very confused. I've just received a separate email saying I haven't accepted the provisional offer even though I have. I've just forwarded the confirmation email they sent me of my acceptance offer. What a mess!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get a confirmation email!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sljca)
    I didn't get a confirmation email!!!
    I only did because I got an email saying my response has been quarantined (whatever that means). So I emailed them asking for confirmation of acceptance and they replied. Then two weeks later they're emailing me saying I've not accepted. Blah!

ReputationRep:

Really hope for all our sakes (those who are waiting on checks) that this is just a case of someone at CSR having a bad morning!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SW19!)
    Really hope for all our sakes (those who are waiting on checks) that this is just a case of someone at CSR having a bad morning!
    Me too. Over 3 months wait is a significantly different time from June! And to only find this out because I emailed them. Will keep you updated hopefully with better news.

ReputationRep:
    I only did because I got an email saying my response has been quarantined (whatever that means). So I emailed them asking for confirmation of acceptance and they replied. Then two weeks later they're emailing me saying I've not accepted. Blah!
    Quarantined? I'm definitely gonna end up there if this goes on for much longer!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to end up being sectioned!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sljca)
    I'm going to end up being sectioned!!!!
    I'm grateful at being offered a job but you can't expect not to communicate a 3 month wait. A job actually can significantly affect someone's life! I've had to tell my employers to look out for reference requests so don't think they'll be best pleased I'm sticking around for 3 months as they'll want to crack on with replacing me. And like I said I'm applying for a mortgage and they need confirmation of my employment.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a contact number for CSR or do they purposely not have one to avoid people ranting at them?

ReputationRep:
    Where are you going to be based? I'm very confused. I've just received a separate email saying I haven't accepted the provisional offer even though I have. I've just forwarded the confirmation email they sent me of my acceptance offer. What a mess!
    I'll be based in Leeds. I also had the email this morning about not having confirmed acceptance of the provisional offer. Instead of trying to contact CS jobs directly about any queries you have I would contact the HMRC email address. The one starting with horecruitment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pukahontas)
    I'll be based in Leeds. I also had the email this morning about not having confirmed acceptance of the provisional offer. Instead of trying to contact CS jobs directly about any queries you have I would contact the HMRC email address. The one starting with horecruitment.
    Good idea - thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I also got an email stating i didnt accept the provisional offer ......

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.