Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamz115)
    Ah right what did you do exactly as an EO in HMRC and what's the difference toHO other than the payobviously
    HO is a higher grade and with it comes additional responsibility . you may have more challenging work and would expect to be required to be able to produce results relatively unsupervised . not require constant supervision . would potentially represent the department in court cases as i used to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1Kim)
    Do you mind if I ask what contract your on and do you know anybody doing 8-8 roles?
    9-5 Monday to Friday, with flexi time. No one in my office does 8-8 (Liverpool)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyro)

In Manchester we don't get 1 day of study per week. We get as much as we can justify. So if there's 15 hours of work for one module, we can take 2 days study leave for example.
    We don't get study leave in Liverpool, except for exceptional circumstances (for those on Tax Academy Routeway). The ICAS trainees get study leave though.

I'd say it was around 18-25 hrs E-learning a week; I'm halfway through Module 3 now.

We're struggling for shadow visits as there are so few experienced officers to take us out. Six months doesn't seem realistic for us so three months seems madness; suppose it depends what tax stream you're in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1Kim)
    Is any one due to see Daren Cooley or from the 1321 campaign? Due to start 28th November? I just want to get an idea of what hours ppl have been offered as they don't want to change mine 😩
    Hi kim i am due to start 28th and have to see daren cooley and from the 1321 campaign. i have been offered the standard hours of 37 hours a week. Have you got a long journey to get to Croydon and are you internal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doll Parts)
    We don't get study leave in Liverpool, except for exceptional circumstances (for those on Tax Academy Routeway). The ICAS trainees get study leave though.

I'd say it was around 18-25 hrs E-learning a week; I'm halfway through Module 3 now.

We're struggling for shadow visits as there are so few experienced officers to take us out. Six months doesn't seem realistic for us so three months seems madness; suppose it depends what tax stream you're in.
    How are the assessments?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escapalda lamen)
    Hi kim i am due to start 28th and have to see daren cooley and from the 1321 campaign. i have been offered the standard hours of 37 hours a week. Have you got a long journey to get to Croydon and are you internal?
    My start date will change, they wouldn't change my hours after a lot of negotiating 😞 she just said it still depends on what team you go on as you might not work Lates/weekends. It will take me about 30mins journey, what about you? Do you know what role or team your on yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1Kim)
    My start date will change, they wouldn't change my hours after a lot of negotiating 😞 she just said it still depends on what team you go on as you might not work Lates/weekends. It will take me about 30mins journey, what about you? Do you know what role or team your on yet?
    Which office have you applied for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawgrad13)
    Which office have you applied for
    I applied for London, got Croydon

ReputationRep:
    Where did you guys place for your sift/numerical tests?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone been offered Stratford yet. Seems I am stuck in a limbo

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1Kim)
    I think the team is decided after the initial 12 weeks training. all it says now is e& c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mabze)
    Why are you stuck in. Limbo?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else heard about roles in Newcastle? - i have handed everything to manpower well over 2 months ago now but Manpower haven't completed my checks. I've got 15 holidays to use in December since HMRC asked us not to take holidays in OCT/NOV and then go to New Zealand for a month in Feb so its worked out quite well for me now not to be starting this year. However, some communication is only professional and polite. We applied for these jobs in July - i am thinking i might look else where.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1Kim)
    My journey will be an hour in theory.

Who did you call to negotiate about changing hours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1Kim)
    Why are you stuck in. Limbo?
    Preemployment checks passed but no start date. Been 3 weeks now.

I've stopped applying for other jobs because of this. I may start to apply again. Hmrc do not provide any information

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sac14)
    How are the assessments?
    Fine; all multiple choice and I think it would be exceptionally rare for anyone to fail twice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1Kim)
    I applied for London, got Croydon
    Because Croydon is an office that will form part of the regional office structure for hmrc over next few years . no central London locations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pukahontas)
    My mistake then, a colleague of mine in Leeds has a friend doing the training in Manchester who told him they were getting study leave.

I'm going off the learning plan for the amount of hours for reading, each week totals 25-35 hours when you look through. I've found some parts were shorter or longer than stated but balanced out with the plan overall.

Well I'll give you a clue who I was yesterday, I was the only person in the room who wasn't from Manchester or Liverpool. Enjoyable day I thought.
    Ahah, I know exactly who you are talking about in Manchester.

Still no idea who you are from the day, but hell, I may have chatted to you during the icebreaker!

We're struggling for visits too. A few are coming through, but not nearly as many as we need.

Agreed, 12 months is madness.

ReputationRep:
    Fine; all multiple choice and I think it would be exceptionally rare for anyone to fail twice.
    Hi Doll Parts. Are you doing the e-learning knowledge checks? As far as I understand, these can be done as many times as you like until you hit above 70%. Or are you doing proper assessments?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.