The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JDW87
I'm not yet HMRC but I am in the civil service. 29th and 30th are working days so we get our December pay on the 30th if that helps.

Thank you. Both my present employer and my past employer paid before Xmas and I was hoping HMRC would do the same.

Bah Humbug! 😂
I have also got a start date today for the 14th december however i am on holiday during this time! Any idea if i can defer to start after 15th january??
Reply 2642
Original post by shahima589
I have also got a start date today for the 14th december however i am on holiday during this time! Any idea if i can defer to start after 15th january??

Which location are you at, if you don't mind me asking. Regarding start date, just contact your line manager and explain the situation. Most are pretty agreeable
My location is Birmingham. I do not have the line managers contact details. I was only emailed the name of the line manager to whom i need to report to on the date i start. Do u know where i can get the details from?
Original post by shahima589
My location is Birmingham. I do not have the line managers contact details. I was only emailed the name of the line manager to whom i need to report to on the date i start. Do u know where i can get the details from?

It is highly likely your line manager will not know you are starting until a few days before your start date.
Original post by Scottgib
Delighted, been a long haul. East Kilbride

Hopefully I will hear soon too then. Think I'm same campaign as you and also East Kilbride
Reply 2646
My CRB and Health Decleration form have been done but they are yet to contact my current work for a refrence. They have already contacted those for the character refrence though. Im assuming that would be the last stage of checks?
1320 some start dates going out for Belfast
Original post by TraineeAcc

What dates have you heard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by SMK2016
What dates have you heard?

Mid December around 12
Mid December around 12

Cheers, all my checks done except one thing. As I'm self employed manpower had to get HMRC to verify it and they still haven't got back to them

Original post by Clh123
Had confirmation my checks are complete and the portal has changed to state this but no other contact or start date. :-|

Was this for the 1320/16 intake? If so, how long have you waited for a start date so far?

The portal has changed for me but still not received a confirmation email saying my checks have been completed!
Reply 2652
Original post by Me so...?
Was this for the 1320/16 intake? If so, how long have you waited for a start date so far?

The portal has changed for me but still not received a confirmation email saying my checks have been completed!

Yeah 1320, have been completed for two weeks. No formal offer yet- just email saying complete and portal change and I received the call about 2/3 weeks ago asking me my notice period.... no idea whether to hand in notice or what?
Reply 2653
Just rang recruitment again and the guy I spoke to said he doesn't think there will be any offers given out for start dates before March now?! Absolute joke if this is true. Why are they not keeping us updated?
Original post by Clh123
Yeah 1320, have been completed for two weeks. No formal offer yet- just email saying complete and portal change and I received the call about 2/3 weeks ago asking me my notice period.... no idea whether to hand in notice or what?

Yeah, don't hand your notice in yet. You could receive a formal offer next week, next month or next year. Who knows... You wouldn't want to risk being unemployed.
I'm seriously getting pissed off. I'm starting to look elsewhere now. March is an absolute joke.

.... And that'll only be one batch.... Next batch will probably be May and so on.... I'm wasting valuable time waiting on this job.
Reply 2656
Original post by 11222333abc
I'm seriously getting pissed off. I'm starting to look elsewhere now. March is an absolute joke.

.... And that'll only be one batch.... Next batch will probably be May and so on.... I'm wasting valuable time waiting on this job.

Same! The original email said hmrc are eager for you to start as early as possible... the frustrating thing is no communication. None of us know where we stand and when formal offers are likely to be made. I'm in a job where I feel like I can't commit to things as I know I have a new job- it's ridiculous.
They collected information on my notice period, but didn't take it in to consideration when setting a start date. They've offered me a location that's not my preferred location (Croydon as opposed to Stratford). I e-mailed them at the beginning of September informing them of previously booked holidays during Christmas, but no surprise, they offered me a December start date and have asked that I commit to a certain number of hours during the induction period. All of this after having waited 7 months to finally receive a formal offer.

Absolutely farcical!

You heard anything more about 2066/15? Ive had pre employment checks all passed waiting for a start date A few got start dates for end of this month only they were to be in Lisburn??
Original post by PabloPatron
They collected information on my notice period, but didn't take it in to consideration when setting a start date. They've offered me a location that's not my preferred location (Croydon as opposed to Stratford). I e-mailed them at the beginning of September informing them of previously booked holidays during Christmas, but no surprise, they offered me a December start date and have asked that I commit to a certain number of hours during the induction period. All of this after having waited 7 months to finally receive a formal offer.

Absolutely farcical!

It is a joke that you are kept waiting for them for about a year but if you dare talk about commitments YOU made in the interim period - how dare you? Ridiculous

Latest

Trending

Trending