The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I start in a couple days in London, does anyone know the usual dress code?
I am only looking to defer maybe by one month or so, do u have a contact number at all?
Original post by shahima589
I am only looking to defer maybe by one month or so, do u have a contact number at all?

No and anyway you are unlikely to get through today as most departments finish early on a Friday. Probably have to wait until Monday
Reply 2683
Original post by Jamz115
Be careful about deferring start dates as if you wait too long your employment checks evidence bank statements etc will expire and you will need your pre-employment checks redone

It took just under 5 weeks after I resubmitted my documents originally provided at interview over a year go to be advised my pre-employment checks were completed.

At this rate, if that's true, I may have to go through the pre-employment checks again, not through deferment but from their own delay.

Surely if they complete the pre checks, they must do so with some sort of start date envisaged?
Original post by ERush
It took just under 5 weeks after I resubmitted my documents originally provided at interview over a year go to be advised my pre-employment checks were completed.

At this rate, if that's true, I may have to go through the pre-employment checks again, not through deferment but from their own delay.

Surely if they complete the pre checks, they must do so with some sort of start date envisaged?

Where's your offer for?
Original post by shahima589

E&C recruitment number is 0300 123 1896

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you:smile:
Reply 2687
Original post by Jamz115
Where's your offer for?

Glasgow.

I've just tried the 0300 123 1896 number. They just direct me to the E&[email protected] e-mail address. So not very helpful.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2688
Original post by fayetoup

Whats the location?
Original post by Jamz115
Be careful about deferring start dates as if you wait too long your employment checks evidence bank statements etc will expire and you will need your pre-employment checks redone

Don't think this is true as surely the status in the jobs portal would just remain as 'formal offer' or just revert back to 'pre-employment checks completed'.
Reply 2690
Original post by fayetoup

Dress code is pretty damn lax for my office. I personally like to dress smart casual, but a lot of people just wear jeans and t-shirts.
Anyone else at city centre house Birmingham? Been made a formal offer for AO and was just wondering what the dress code is
Original post by missmtk
Anyone else at city centre house Birmingham? Been made a formal offer for AO and was just wondering what the dress code is

From what I have seen, there's not much of a dress code - a lot of people come in to work in jeans most days so as long as your not wearing anything too silly you'll be fine, no need to go out and buy yourself a suit really!
For those asking about dress codes: This should be pretty obvious but wear something formal (i.e. suit) for at least the first day.

In Croydon most Os and HOs wear casual dress (i.e. jeans and shirts) unless you're visiting taxpayers.
(edited 7 years ago)
HO 1320/16 London

After hearing nothing for weeks, I received an email from CSR yesterday stating that my pre-employment checks are complete. About 10 minutes later I received a formal offer to start 14th December in Croydon. (I only put down Stratford as my preferred location) I've accepted but need to negotiate start date.

So, good news guys! Offers are still going out randomly....

Did anyone else receive an offer yesterday?
Original post by lawgrad13
From what I have seen, there's not much of a dress code - a lot of people come in to work in jeans most days so as long as your not wearing anything too silly you'll be fine, no need to go out and buy yourself a suit really!

Thank you! Wasnt really sure as i didnt interview at the same office
Original post by 11222333abc
HO 1320/16 London

After hearing nothing for weeks, I received an email from CSR yesterday stating that my pre-employment checks are complete. About 10 minutes later I received a formal offer to start 14th December in Croydon. (I only put down Stratford as my preferred location) I've accepted but need to negotiate start date.

So, good news guys! Offers are still going out randomly....

Did anyone else receive an offer yesterday?

Same as me but i start on 28th November. i guess you have to accept the offer and then see if you can change with manager afterwards.
Original post by Zyro
Dress code is pretty damn lax for my office. I personally like to dress smart casual, but a lot of people just wear jeans and t-shirts.

Thnks! Just wanted to confirm!
Reply 2698
Original post by Escapalda lamen
Same as me but i start on 28th November. i guess you have to accept the offer and then see if you can change with manager afterwards.

I'm from the Feb 2016 pool where I chose Stratford. No start date yet. I highly doubt they will allow you to change location once you start. But you never know
Original post by Escapalda lamen

It's unlikely anyone will be able to move to Stratford after they've been placed in Croydon as Stratford is getting pretty much filled to capacity now.

Latest

Trending

Trending