Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I start in a couple days in London, does anyone know the usual dress code?

ReputationRep:
    I am only looking to defer maybe by one month or so, do u have a contact number at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahima589)
    I am only looking to defer maybe by one month or so, do u have a contact number at all?
    No and anyway you are unlikely to get through today as most departments finish early on a Friday. Probably have to wait until Monday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamz115)
    Be careful about deferring start dates as if you wait too long your employment checks evidence bank statements etc will expire and you will need your pre-employment checks redone
    It took just under 5 weeks after I resubmitted my documents originally provided at interview over a year go to be advised my pre-employment checks were completed.

At this rate, if that's true, I may have to go through the pre-employment checks again, not through deferment but from their own delay.

Surely if they complete the pre checks, they must do so with some sort of start date envisaged?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ERush)
    It took just under 5 weeks after I resubmitted my documents originally provided at interview over a year go to be advised my pre-employment checks were completed.

At this rate, if that's true, I may have to go through the pre-employment checks again, not through deferment but from their own delay.

Surely if they complete the pre checks, they must do so with some sort of start date envisaged?
    Where's your offer for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahima589)
    E&C recruitment number is 0300 123 1896

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Where's your offer for?
    Glasgow.

I've just tried the 0300 123 1896 number. They just direct me to the E&[email protected] .gsi.gov.uk e-mail address. So not very helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fayetoup)
    Whats the location?

ReputationRep:
    Be careful about deferring start dates as if you wait too long your employment checks evidence bank statements etc will expire and you will need your pre-employment checks redone
    Don't think this is true as surely the status in the jobs portal would just remain as 'formal offer' or just revert back to 'pre-employment checks completed'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fayetoup)
    Dress code is pretty damn lax for my office. I personally like to dress smart casual, but a lot of people just wear jeans and t-shirts.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else at city centre house Birmingham? Been made a formal offer for AO and was just wondering what the dress code is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missmtk)
    Anyone else at city centre house Birmingham? Been made a formal offer for AO and was just wondering what the dress code is

From what I have seen, there's not much of a dress code - a lot of people come in to work in jeans most days so as long as your not wearing anything too silly you'll be fine, no need to go out and buy yourself a suit really!

ReputationRep:
    For those asking about dress codes: This should be pretty obvious but wear something formal (i.e. suit) for at least the first day.

In Croydon most Os and HOs wear casual dress (i.e. jeans and shirts) unless you're visiting taxpayers.

ReputationRep:
    HO 1320/16 London

After hearing nothing for weeks, I received an email from CSR yesterday stating that my pre-employment checks are complete. About 10 minutes later I received a formal offer to start 14th December in Croydon. (I only put down Stratford as my preferred location) I've accepted but need to negotiate start date.

So, good news guys! Offers are still going out randomly....

Did anyone else receive an offer yesterday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawgrad13)
    From what I have seen, there's not much of a dress code - a lot of people come in to work in jeans most days so as long as your not wearing anything too silly you'll be fine, no need to go out and buy yourself a suit really!
    Thank you! Wasnt really sure as i didnt interview at the same office

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11222333abc)
    HO 1320/16 London

After hearing nothing for weeks, I received an email from CSR yesterday stating that my pre-employment checks are complete. About 10 minutes later I received a formal offer to start 14th December in Croydon. (I only put down Stratford as my preferred location) I've accepted but need to negotiate start date.

So, good news guys! Offers are still going out randomly....

Did anyone else receive an offer yesterday?
    Same as me but i start on 28th November. i guess you have to accept the offer and then see if you can change with manager afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyro)
    Dress code is pretty damn lax for my office. I personally like to dress smart casual, but a lot of people just wear jeans and t-shirts.
    Thnks! Just wanted to confirm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escapalda lamen)
    Same as me but i start on 28th November. i guess you have to accept the offer and then see if you can change with manager afterwards.
    I'm from the Feb 2016 pool where I chose Stratford. No start date yet. I highly doubt they will allow you to change location once you start. But you never know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escapalda lamen)
    It's unlikely anyone will be able to move to Stratford after they've been placed in Croydon as Stratford is getting pretty much filled to capacity now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.