The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm not from the same campaign as most of you lot, but who's this talking absolute 💩.
Someone I have been talking to who is employed in Manchester office has said their manager has said they want more staff in asap as they're struggling. Going off this, id guess more start dates will be sent out for the new year. They seem to be giving 4 weeks notice which takes it to Christmas Day. Obviously no ones going to start through the holiday period so they're probably just waiting a few weeks to give out start dates for early January.
I know this is all just hearsay and hmrc haven't filled us with much hope through this whole process but it seems more realistic than the February/assessment malarkey going on up there 🤔
Original post by keeleyvic
I'm not from the same campaign as most of you lot, but who's this talking absolute 💩.
Someone I have been talking to who is employed in Manchester office has said their manager has said they want more staff in asap as they're struggling. Going off this, id guess more start dates will be sent out for the new year. They seem to be giving 4 weeks notice which takes it to Christmas Day. Obviously no ones going to start through the holiday period so they're probably just waiting a few weeks to give out start dates for early January.
I know this is all just hearsay and hmrc haven't filled us with much hope through this whole process but it seems more realistic than the February/assessment malarkey going on up there 🤔

That's what I am thinking/hoping!
Original post by HammerThyme
When did you get your formal offer?

I got my formal offer on the 11th of Nov. It appears they gave it exactly a month. I assume they calculate 4 weeks notice for most employers.
Original post by HammerThyme
Erm, there's no such Act.

Maybe you are confusing this with the Data Protection Act? Even so, there's still nothing to worry about regarding the employment checks.

If it was an issue then any internal employees would have been security-checked in this competition - but they weren't (except for memoryfish but he just seemed to have all the bad luck!)

Tell me about it lol, I think it's because I'm with the DWP, that's what they said when I called them anyway. I only left them in June lol. What's worse is that DWP have messed up my final pay! Because the manager is incompetent and has sent off the wrong form so I'm short on my pay. I've been calling everybody about it and because DWPs payroll is outsourced it's a nightmare, I just want to the DWP behind me, not even bothered about £150 that they owe me. Once your at hmrc guys don't bother going over to the DWP. The hmrc processes including this one for recruitment seem easy compared to the DWP.

I can confirm in my experience once checks are done they stay done. Even when your in post and move up the ladder etc....
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2744
ISBC aren't taking newa staff till March, however that doesn't mean we get no staff atall still into HMRC.

50-80 in Liverpool this month.
30 in another building in the North West in January.

These things change on a day to day basis. don't get pissed and angry with recruitment staff BECAUSE THEY ARE IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU. THEY DON'T KNOW.

Eventually a call from a grade 6 comes for x staff in y place.
Original post by Zyro
ISBC aren't taking newa staff till March, however that doesn't mean we get no staff atall still into HMRC.

These things change on a day to day basis. don't get pissed and angry with recruitment staff BECAUSE THEY ARE IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU. THEY DON'T KNOW.

Any idea on what isbc do. I start on Monday in Croydon.
Reply 2746
Original post by Escapalda lamen

Individual and Small Business Compliance. soon to be split I've been told, but that coule be ages still
Reply 2747
Original post by Zyro

How do u know it's until March?? I'm based in London and asked for a new start date, originally had 28th Nov, so hopping for Jan start date. I've heard there's another recruitment starting in Jan/Feb
Original post by 1Kim
How do u know it's until March?? I'm based in London and asked for a new start date, originally had 28th Nov, so hopping for Jan start date. I've heard there's another recruitment starting in Jan/Feb

Any ideas of what location in London the later dates will be for?
Were you put back on to the reserve list when you asked for a new start date? I have asked to change start dates but have had a reply to either start on original date or request to be back on the reserve list.
Original post by shahima589
Were you put back on to the reserve list when you asked for a new start date? I have asked to change start dates but have had a reply to either start on original date or request to be back on the reserve list.

What location were you offered?
In Birmingham

What's the difference between ISBC and Enforcement and Compliance.

Also does anyone know if enforcement and compliance relates to individuals, SME's, bigger businesses or a combination.
Original post by El_Rey
What's the difference between ISBC and Enforcement and Compliance.

Also does anyone know if enforcement and compliance relates to individuals, SME's, bigger businesses or a combination.

I thought ISBC is a branch under e&c
Original post by memoryfish
I thought ISBC is a branch under e&c

It is.

ISBC is basically the taxi drivers/plumbers/electricians etc.
Reply 2755
Does anyone know the dress code for tmw? Is it smart casual or suits?
Original post by daj19
Does anyone know the dress code for tmw? Is it smart casual or suits?

You can wear what you want, i'd stick to smart casual.
Reply 2757
Also, people coming from East London, what's the best route you've found?
Original post by daj19
Also, people coming from East London, what's the best route you've found?

Whereabouts in east you coming from? i would say from stratford to canada water jubilee line then just take that overground all the way to west croydon 8 minute walk from there is the most reliable route you could risk it and take the southern rail from new cross gate to east croydon which will take either 12 mins from new cross gate or 24 mins fast train or slow train.
Whereabouts in east you coming from? i would say from stratford to canada water jubilee line then just take that overground all the way to west croydon 8 minute walk from there is the most reliable route you could risk it and take the southern rail from new cross gate to east croydon which will take either 12 mins from new cross gate or 24 mins fast train or slow train.

Both routes should be under 45 minutes from stratford

Latest