Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What an anti-climax. Got all excited when I seen the notification only to realise it's a reply from the E&[email protected] .gsi.gov.UK address from an e-mail I sent 17 days ago...😂

"At present we are awaiting start dates for your location, as soon as we have these dates we will be in contact with successful candidates to make formal offers. At this stage I would have to say that this is more than likely to be in the new year.

Pre-booked holidays are usually honoured by the department.

HMRC Recruitment Team"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ERush)
    What an anti-climax. Got all excited when I seen the notification only to realise it's a reply from the E&[email protected] .gsi.gov.UK address from an e-mail I sent 17 days ago...😂

"At present we are awaiting start dates for your location, as soon as we have these dates we will be in contact with successful candidates to make formal offers. At this stage I would have to say that this is more than likely to be in the new year.

HMRC Recruitment Team"
    Just had exactly the same 😩

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ERush)

HMRC Recruitment Team"
    Well if they are only contacting in the new year about start dates then don't expect to be in post until Feb because they will allow for a month's notice to allow for the various notice periods people have to give. The wait goes on!

ReputationRep:
    I am wondering how many people are in a similar situation to me with how long I've been waiting or even worse. Received my provisional offer in july for the 1666/16 campaign for a HO role in Leeds. The only way it is progressed at all is receiving my dbs form a couple of months ago. The portal still says conducting pre-employment checks, and don't know whether to just give up hope?
    I was travelling for a couple of months so did not matter too much that I was waiting then but now I am just at a complete loss with what to do for a job. Whether to apply for permanent jobs with the potential of having to tell them I'm leaving right after I start. Apply for temp jobs which are less easy to come by and are often for a contract of a few months which may not be possible to do as well.
    I've emailed HMRC explaining my situation so I can at least have any sort of idea of time frame and they just were typically unhelpful in their reply.
    My other concern is whether to just apply for grad jobs for next september now because who knows if i'll actually ever get this job.
    Although the lengthiness of this process is very annoying its more the fact that they just do not keep you informed in any way and are unable to give any sort of time frame that is beyond ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyv95)
    I am wondering how many people are in a similar situation to me with how long I've been waiting or even worse. Received my provisional offer in july for the 1666/16 campaign for a HO role in Leeds. The only way it is progressed at all is receiving my dbs form a couple of months ago. The portal still says conducting pre-employment checks, and don't know whether to just give up hope?
    I was travelling for a couple of months so did not matter too much that I was waiting then but now I am just at a complete loss with what to do for a job. Whether to apply for permanent jobs with the potential of having to tell them I'm leaving right after I start. Apply for temp jobs which are less easy to come by and are often for a contract of a few months which may not be possible to do as well.
    I've emailed HMRC explaining my situation so I can at least have any sort of idea of time frame and they just were typically unhelpful in their reply.
    My other concern is whether to just apply for grad jobs for next september now because who knows if i'll actually ever get this job.
    Although the lengthiness of this process is very annoying its more the fact that they just do not keep you informed in any way and are unable to give any sort of time frame that is beyond ridiculous.
    Emailing is pointless. Try get a number for CSR ( Civil Service Resourcing) . Get straight to the point as that's only way to chase it up. You shouldn't be waiting that long for checks to complete

ReputationRep:
    Your status may not change for like 6 months, the status on civil service jobs does not mean anything. I am in post and my status is 'pre employment checks passed' lol

ReputationRep:
    Have you been called in to Leeds office to hand in your documents as they would have expired by now??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ERush)

HMRC Recruitment Team"

Which location did you apply for? Is this for the 042r recruitment campaign?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keeleyvic)
    Just had exactly the same 😩
    What location did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luwigal)
    What location did you apply for?
    Manchester. My checks have been completed for about 3 weeks, just getting my hopes up that they sent me a start date super quick haha

ReputationRep:
    Similar position to you. Finished uni in July and just carried on with my part time job (well more casual/less than 10 hours a week job) thinking I'd be in full time employment with hmrc. 5 months later and the furthest I've got is pre employment checks passed. If I knew it would take this long I would have looked for a full time job straight after uni. But like you said, you don't know whether to look for full time employment now at risk of having to leave them soon after starting.

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting in Liverpool on 14/12 - will I definitely be paid at the end of December for the half month I work? I'm getting paid for the half of the month I'll be working in my current job on 16/12 but definitely need the other half for rent and bills!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kneale)
    I'm starting in Liverpool on 14/12 - will I definitely be paid at the end of December for the half month I work? I'm getting paid for the half of the month I'll be working in my current job on 16/12 but definitely need the other half for rent and bills!
    Depends if you beat the HR cut off date for that month. I think it's usually after the 20th of each month so you might be ok. Don't hold me to that though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mega0448)
    Depends if you beat the HR cut off date for that month. I think it's usually after the 20th of each month so you might be ok. Don't hold me to that though.
    I will hold you to that!

Do I give my bank details in on my first day? I've not had any forms asking for it in the post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luwigal)
    Which location did you apply for? Is this for the 042r recruitment campaign?
    Glasgow ...pre-employment checks completed 3 weeks ago, 13 weeks after the provisional offer.

042R? Behave yourself! 😛

2066/15 - Closing Date 1 September 2015! 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memoryfish)
    If your waiting for a formal offer, my guess is that you'll be in post by Jan. If you use that leave in march you won't have any left. I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed but I've never seen anyone take more than 2.5weeks off at a time. Don't forget you get flexible working hours too! If your external then your going to be in probation too...

Thanks for the info guys! 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ERush)
    Glasgow ...pre-employment checks completed 3 weeks ago, 13 weeks after the provisional offer.

042R? Behave yourself! 😛

2066/15 - Closing Date 1 September 2015! 😂
    Same as me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sljca)
    There's a really good car park up gravel lane. £75.50 a month and always a space. It takes no more than 10 minutes to be sat at your desk.
    Do you know who you are reporting to?
    Hi thanks for the info, I'll check it out.
    In the email I received, it says I have to report to Gregor Alexander at 10am.
    Are you currently working there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kneale)
    I will hold you to that!

Do I give my bank details in on my first day? I've not had any forms asking for it in the post.
    Yes you fill all the HR stuff in on your first day.

(Original post by mcmc123)
    He is the BUH for MSB in Manchester. So he won't be your line manager. More like your managers manager.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcmc123)
    I think you'll be joining me! We will have to wait and see!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.