Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How long after u receive ur dbs does it normally take to get formal offer ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrslnicholson)
    I am so fed up waiting. Pre employment checks passed 24 October and still no formal offer 😡
    I cant beleive its taking them so long!! What campaighn are u??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silas Greenback)
    I cant beleive its taking them so long!! What campaighn are u??
    MrsInicholson & I are both on 2066/15 campaign for Glasgow. The campaign closed on 1 September 2015 (I applied on 19 August 2015) and we were interviewed before the end of 2015 also. My pre checks were completed on 14 November 2016 and still waiting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ERush)
    MrsInicholson & I are both on 2066/15 campaign for Glasgow. The campaign closed on 1 September 2015 (I applied on 19 August 2015) and we were interviewed before the end of 2015 also. My pre checks were completed on 14 November 2016 and still waiting...
    Im that cmpaign too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamz115)
    Im that cmpaign too
    I have had my pre employment checks passed today which took 7 month !!

Im not happy to hear that it may be a further few months until i get a start date :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Percypig79)
    Anyone had any movement from before or after holidays...
    I'm waiting on pre-employment checks for Liverpool. My DBS certificate was issued on 20th December but it seems to have been lost in the post lol (not that it matters as it's clear anyway so I won't have to provide them with a copy....hopefully). My referees received emails yesterday asking for references, so slowly but surely we seem to be getting there.

That's for the 1320/16 campaign. Incidentally, I've not heard anything for the 2066/15 campaign since I handed my documents in (again!) in mid-October, which means they'll be expiring any day now...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone starting Manchester on 16th or am I on my own? 😐

Also, how many days of annual leave do you get? Is it 22 plus bank hols?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keeleyvic)

I was told that for the HO role they would be starting a bunch of people together for training purposes. Having said that I've not received a start date for Manchester yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keeleyvic)

22 plus 8 days BH and 1 privilege day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RRaz)
    I was told that for the HO role they would be starting a bunch of people together for training purposes. Having said that I've not received a start date for Manchester yet!
    I'm not HO, I'm O. Realised I posted in this thread rather than the other one after I'd done it 🙈 Sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RRaz)
    You waiting for HO in Manchester? I've just recently had my checks completed so might be a while yet for me.

Not even sure what office yet, when I handed in my docs she said it could be either of the two in Manchester, or the one on Salford. And on top of that there will be the regional centre too at some point.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody on the 1666/16 campaign got thier formal offers yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silas Greenback)
    Anybody on the 1666/16 campaign got thier formal offers yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I start on Monday in Edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HungryHippo53)
    How long was it after ur pre employment checks were passed that u got a start date??

Just curious as to how long i may need to wait.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RRaz)
    They start people at completely different, random times. I started, albeit at O grade, by myself on a Wednesday in December 😂 I was really shocked when I started alone, was expecting to be in a training room straight away. Some more people starting in January (O/HO) on my floor and then training will start. When you start all depends on when your pre-employment checks are completed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HungryHippo53)
    Have you found out any more about the length of training? On the job advert (1666)it says a 2 year training programme (as opposed to the 3 or 4 year of TSP), but then people on the forum taking about 6 months etc. They may well be on a different stream with a different job ref, but they are still at HO grade. Just wondering whether the job ref doesn't matter when you actually start and all HOs are bundled together in the same training tranche.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDW87)
    Have you found out any more about the length of training? On the job advert (1666)it says a 2 year training programme (as opposed to the 3 or 4 year of TSP), but then people on the forum taking about 6 months etc. They may well be on a different stream with a different job ref, but they are still at HO grade. Just wondering whether the job ref doesn't matter when you actually start and all HOs are bundled together in the same training tranche.
    From my understanding with new trainees in the office it's 6 months of reading manuals/theory etc and then you have to do all you read practical stuff after that. I think you have to get it all done within two years but it's most likely going to be sooner than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mega0448)
    From my understanding with new trainees in the office it's 6 months of reading manuals/theory etc and then you have to do all you read practical stuff after that. I think you have to get it all done within two years but it's most likely going to be sooner than that.
    Are you on the 1666/16? How are you finding it? I'm anxiously waiting for a formal offer fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDW87)
    Are you on the 1666/16? How are you finding it? I'm anxiously waiting for a formal offer fingers crossed.
    I'm not a trainee I've been an HO for a while now. But we've had plenty of new trainees here and they are all managing perfectly fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mega0448)
    I'm not a trainee I've been an HO for a while now. But we've had plenty of new trainees here and they are all managing perfectly fine.
    Do you ever hear anything about the 15/2066 campaign from 2015? There's still people waiting on formal offers for that campaign in multiple locations. It's just getting ridiculous now

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.