The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Congly
I signed my contract yesterday, so that was on the second day. My manager gave it to me with all the other papers. I haven't been asked for my P45 yet (not bad as I don't have it yet).

I'm on my 3rd day today and the only thing I've been given is the civil service code to sign and something else. 🤔 I'll leave it til Monday then ask I think!
Original post by keeleyvic
I'm on my 3rd day today and the only thing I've been given is the civil service code to sign and something else. 🤔 I'll leave it til Monday then ask I think!

How are you finding it in Manchester? It was my 3rd day today as well. I'm quite enjoying it. Everybody in my team is so cool and the athmosphere is so relaxed.
Reply 3242
Anyone starting in croydon on 6 Feb?
Anyone who's started, how long did it take for you to get your contract? And how did you get it? My line manager hasn't asked for my p45 or anything yet 🤔

Original post by Congly
I signed my contract yesterday, so that was on the second day. My manager gave it to me with all the other papers. I haven't been asked for my P45 yet (not bad as I don't have it yet).

I signed my contract on my first day, it was the first thing I did! I've not bothered sending my p45 off to HR as I only got it a week after I'd started, you need to send a new starters form to HR where you let them know if you have student loan deductions, whether you've worked in this tax year already, etc. Also remember to update your bank details otherwise you won't get paid! Do it ASAP as pay cutoff is in a few days.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3244
I've had a formal offer today but no start date- says they'll be in contact about that. Anyone else had similar? I thought the formal offer would include a start date.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NMP16
I've had a formal offer today but no start date- says they'll be in contact about that. Anyone else had similar? I thought the formal offer would include a start date.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which campign and location??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NMP16

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have just checked my Civil service job portal and they have issued me with formal offer but not recd email or anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3247
Original post by Silas Greenback
I have just checked my Civil service job portal and they have issued me with formal offer but not recd email or anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, no email here either. I'm for Belfast. How about you? Does it state your start date?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3248

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this for CSR/1666/16 HO?
Reply 3249
Original post by RRaz

Mine is for 159/16 HO

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kneale
I signed my contract on my first day, it was the first thing I did! I've not bothered sending my p45 off to HR as I only got it a week after I'd started, you need to send a new starters form to HR where you let them know if you have student loan deductions, whether you've worked in this tax year already, etc. Also remember to update your bank details otherwise you won't get paid! Do it ASAP as pay cutoff is in a few days.

We've already missed pay cut off for Salford.
Should my manager be giving me the new starters form? I asked and he seemed confused about it?
Should my manager be giving me the new starters form? I asked and he seemed confused about it?

I've missed the cut off date too. My manager filled in an advance pay form for me tough.
Original post by RRaz

Yes it is , but no start date specified

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3253
Yes it is , but no start date specified

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least there's some sort of movement...hopefully a start date will follow shortly!
Original post by Congly
I've missed the cut off date too. My manager filled in an advance pay form for me tough.

Was 18/1 the pay cut-off when Pay Process is started, or is 23/1 at 19:00 the pay cut-off, when Pay Process finishes?

@keeleyvic I will PM you re form.
Original post by Congly

I'm fairly certain cut-off is 23/1 at 19:00?

@keeleyvic have PMd you re form.
Original post by Kneale
I'm fairly certain cut-off is 23/1 at 19:00?

@keeleyvic have PMd you re form.

My cut off was 16/1
My cut off was 16/1

That's when Pay Process starts? I'm under the impression that you have until Closedown to update your bank details on the HR system (NOT send it off in a form in internal mail). I could be completely wrong but I did get paid last month and I only started on 14/12 and updated my bank details on the HR system a few days later.
Original post by Kneale
That's when Pay Process starts? I'm under the impression that you have until Closedown to update your bank details on the HR system (NOT send it off in a form in internal mail). I could be completely wrong but I did get paid last month and I only started on 14/12 and updated my bank details on the HR system a few days later.

had a look into In and it's part payment that shut on 16th so I missed it. I could put an advance pay form in but I'm not in need of the money, just looking forward to a nice fat wage in Feb 😂
(edited 7 years ago)
Finally got a start date for 1667/16 for Glasgow. Yaldi!

Latest

Trending

Trending