Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dagoro1)
    I know what you mean. I was only saying this morning that I'm lucky I currently have a job that I like. If I was unemployed or in a job I hate, I would be devastated to be waiting so long. On the other hand though, as my dad pointed out, with the difference between my current salary and the salary of this job, I've lost out on £thousands with this delay.
    Exactly although if we actually do end up in the job soon then I'll not be worried about the £1000s lost. Only concern is actually getting what I've been offered

ReputationRep:
    HMRC put recruitment up for this post this morning, only for it to disappear this afternoon. Anyone on this forum hoping to or have already started an application? I began an application for the vacancy this morning and was just reviewing one of the competencies when it disappeared, how bizarre.
    Does anyone know if it will come back up again? I missed out of the previous recruitment, and have been seriously looking forward to a new campaign at this grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Priscal)
    HMRC put recruitment up for this post this morning, only for it to disappear this afternoon. Anyone on this forum hoping to or have already started an application? I began an application for the vacancy this morning and was just reviewing one of the competencies when it disappeared, how bizarre.
    Does anyone know if it will come back up again? I missed out of the previous recruitment, and have been seriously looking forward to a new campaign at this grade.
    I understand your position but I think a new campaign might be the last thing people on here would want to see!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HammerThyme)
    I understand your position but I think a new campaign might be the last thing people on here would want to see!
    Appreciate your advice, and my sincere apology to you and the rest of the forum.

ReputationRep:
    Appreciate your advice, and my sincere apology to you and the rest of the forum.
    I hope the vacancy appears again so that you can apply Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I didn't mean anything by it! The fact that campaigns are overlapping has been a sensitive subject on here and cause of much dissatisfaction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eripley)
    I hope the vacancy appears again so that you can apply Good luck
    Hope so too , thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HammerThyme)
    I didn't mean anything by it! The fact that campaigns are overlapping has been a sensitive subject on here and cause of much dissatisfaction.
    No hard feelings either, you only advised based on your view and I respect that.

ReputationRep:
    No hard feelings either, you only advised based on your view and I respect that.
    Don't worry I am just waiting for the next batch of offers. However, there is one person on here who might have a meltdown!

Keep an eye on the site and hopefully it will get posted again, and good luck if it does!

ReputationRep:
    Go for it! You'd probably end up in post before us still waiting. It's so fantastic to hear the campaign is being done in such a timely and efficient manner that there's another campaign underway 😆

ReputationRep:
    And he bites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dagoro1)
    I know what you mean. I was only saying this morning that I'm lucky I currently have a job that I like. If I was unemployed or in a job I hate, I would be devastated to be waiting so long. On the other hand though, as my dad pointed out, with the difference between my current salary and the salary of this job, I've lost out on £thousands with this delay.
    That's exactly it! The job I'm working at the minute is bringing me down, and I've no money. So I really feel like my life is on hold. I know we are lucky to be offered these jobs and I'm excited to be a part of it, but that doesn't mean we should be treated so poorly.

Does anyone have any insight into the cause of the delays? Is it just a case of poor organisation or something deeper?

I read somewhere that delays in some offices were due to lack of office space, why on earth would HMRC fund for recruitment and employment checks for a superfluous body of people?

I mean even on their behalf it's a waste of money, time and effort. Odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamz115)
    Go for it! You'd probably end up in post before us still waiting. It's so fantastic to hear the campaign is being done in such a timely and efficient manner that there's another campaign underway 😆

I haven't seen any reason to believe that those in later campaigns are taken on before those in the earlier campaigns within the same grade?

ReputationRep:
    I was in the process of completing an application until it was withdrawn. I am just hoping that they'll put it back up again. Good luck with the rest of the process and congrats for coming this far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waldorf67)
    That's exactly it! The job I'm working at the minute is bringing me down, and I've no money. So I really feel like my life is on hold. I know we are lucky to be offered these jobs and I'm excited to be a part of it, but that doesn't mean we should be treated so poorly.

Does anyone have any insight into the cause of the delays? Is it just a case of poor organisation or something deeper?

I read somewhere that delays in some offices were due to lack of office space, why on earth would HMRC fund for recruitment and employment checks for a superfluous body of people?

I mean even on their behalf it's a waste of money, time and effort. Odd.
    I don't want to be the bearer of bad new but I'd say with each passing day its unlikely a formal offer will happen or if it does probably won't be at your chosen location. Due to the exceptional planning that went into these campaigns there is no room left in the offices and they have to close these campaigns by April. If you can't be fitted in by April, your offer will probably be rescinded. Sorry to be bearer of bad news but you were talking as if you had got it already. Unless you have that formal offer NOTHING is guaranteed hence why I have been the way I have the last 6 months. ( Oh and they believe the current situation is so fantastically efficient they have decided to start a new campaign to add to the fun) 😆

ReputationRep:
    20th of March seems to be the next intake.. I have had to defer my start date from 20th Feb as I am contractually obliged to give 2 months notice.
    I'm a teacher and it has been very difficult to keep ploughing on with my classes while watching my CSR inbox! I've worried all year about the start date and to be honest feel really bad leaving my students at this stage in the game with their exams only 3 months away. Had hoped to leave before Christmas!
    Hope others get their offers through soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RGG11)
    20th of March seems to be the next intake.. I have had to defer my start date from 20th Feb as I am contractually obliged to give 2 months notice.
    I'm a teacher and it has been very difficult to keep ploughing on with my classes while watching my CSR inbox! I've worried all year about the start date and to be honest feel really bad leaving my students at this stage in the game with their exams only 3 months away. Had hoped to leave before Christmas!
    Hope others get their offers through soon
    Where is your offer for?

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to be the bearer of bad new but I'd say with each passing day its unlikely a formal offer will happen or if it does probably won't be at your chosen location. Due to the exceptional planning that went into these campaigns there is no room left in the offices and they have to close these campaigns by April. If you can't be fitted in by April, your offer will probably be rescinded. Sorry to be bearer of bad news but you were talking as if you had got it already. Unless you have that formal offer NOTHING is guaranteed hence why I have been the way I have the last 6 months. ( Oh and they believe the current situation is so fantastically efficient they have decided to start a new campaign to add to the fun) 😆
    No offence but you can't possibly be the bearer of news of any kind because we are both in the same boat. So unless you have specifically been told something that relates across the board, you are just as in the dark as I.

My campaign sent an email out to all before Christmas saying that everyone who has passed their pre-employment checks will be given a firm offer at some point. So do forgive me if I am slightly motivated to believe them over you.

The only location in the campaign I applied for was for Cardiff, so there's no possible way they'd transfer locations. I didn't "choose" a location as such.

In short, yes we are all frustrated. But stop incorrectly making the issue a lot more depressing than it is, it is not needed in this thread.

Edit: Additionally you haven't provided any evidence to your belief that those from later campaigns within the same location and grade are taken on before those from earlier campaigns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrslnicholson)
    Where is your offer for?
    Newcastle was the office I applied for and I've been given Washington... which is even better!

ReputationRep:
    They can't rescinde it because there are people in the job already on 4-4-4 from the same campaign and I have a higher score than them.

They can't change the location again because there are people in my location on 4-4-4 from the same campaign and I have a higher score than them.

And the civil service recruitment is wholly on merit. And this would undermine everything. So you need to slow down with your negativity mate.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.