Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CivilMac4)
    Good Afternoon, to follow up some comments, I have already stated that people can choose to listen to my comments or not. That's entirely up to them. I am elaborating where appropriate as much as I can. The locations I have mentioned where deployment will be difficult simply have little accommodation currently. It's illogical to have a situation where Provisional Offers continue endlessly and the relevant security clearance for pre-employment checks also will need to be re-assessed if the process went on endlessly. The most cost effective decision is always to void outstanding Provisional Offers and look for efficiency options within the department. At this moment, this will only be an issue for Belfast Glasgow and Liverpool. I hope this provides some assurance.

So, for the locations that are getting offers sent out, will these offers be made this month with an April start date, or in April itself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan.m)
    Are you having a laugh?

How is stating that people waiting for Glasgow (like myself) may have their offers voided going to provide any assurance to us?

Provisional offers should not have been issued if they didn't have enough space to accommodate everyone.

The Glasgow issue was escalated last week through senior civil servants & will no doubt be brought up at the regional event next week so hopefully we'll see some movement
    Think I'll be putting more weight on what you've got to say as an internal candidate for Glasgow rather than CivilJamz who I consider with a great deal of scepticism.

Most workplaces prohibit the use of social media and internet message boards as a matter of course unless explicitly sanctioned to do so on behalf of an organisation.

If CivilMac / CivilJamz / Jamz represented official E&C / HMRC policy, we would've heard directly, rather on a student website from an alias of dubious credibility.

ryan.m - As an internal candidate, if you hear any substantive general updates with regards to Glasgow, I'd be interested in hearing via PM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ERush)
    Think I'll be putting more weight on what you've got to say as an internal candidate for Glasgow rather than CivilJamz who I consider with a great deal of scepticism.

Most workplaces prohibit the use of social media and internet message boards as a matter of course unless explicitly sanctioned to do so on behalf of an organisation.

If CivilMac / CivilJamz / Jamz represented official E&C / HMRC policy, we would've heard directly, rather on a student website from an alias of dubious credibility.

ryan.m - As an internal candidate, if you hear any substantive general updates with regards to Glasgow, I'd be interested in hearing via PM.
    Certainly, if I hear anything I'll let you know

ReputationRep:
    I have 3 scores and underneath it says "make an offer" does this mean I will be offered a job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PMO1204)
    The 70 were in Q3. Nothing in Q4
    9 of us started in LB in Imperial Court in January (Q4). Well, I started mid December but the others didn't start till mid Jan, which is when we then started the TAR.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea whether the offers will be made in March for an April start date, or in April for a May start date?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Janice111)
    You write how you think a Civil Servant should write, but you include your own bad grammar and poor syntax. Stop playing at being an SO and go back to burger flipping. I'm surprised you scraped a 444 as an O grade with such poor sentence construction. 🙄
    Regardless of whether you like what the poster is saying or not, there's no need to be so patronising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mega0448)
    Regardless of whether you like what the poster is saying or not, there's no need to be so patronising.
    I agree with Janice, this poster is attempting (and failing) to sound like a civil servant. No SO (actually, no HO) I have met to date would draft such poorly written statements. CivilMac is merely repeating information already issued and then putting his/her own spin on it, creating more fear, uncertainty and doubt. There does seem to be some similarities to another poster on these threads?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MurphysLaw2471)
    I agree with Janice, this poster is attempting (and failing) to sound like a civil servant. No SO (actually, no HO) I have met to date would draft such poorly written statements. CivilMac is merely repeating information already issued and then putting his/her own spin on it, creating more fear, uncertainty and doubt. There does seem to be some similarities to another poster on these threads?
    I've met plenty of incompetent people in senior grades and work with a load of SOs who haven't got a clue.

If you don't believe don't reply, they'll soon stop posting. I agree that what they are saying is mainly nonsense too as I don't believe an SO would be privy to such information.

At the end of the day nobody on here knows anything. It's a waiting game for start dates and everything else is purely speculation.

ReputationRep:
    Just goes to show the sort of people that can slip through the net eh Mega

ReputationRep:
    Soooo I'm off to hand in my documents for like the 3rd time. I'm not sure how I'm going to hand them over with out saying WTF?!? several times haha.

ReputationRep:
    I agree; the Civil Service has plenty of barely literate staff, right up to SCS level. I've also observed plenty of poor grammar, spelling and syntax from people on here purporting to have received offers.

I don't believe this CivilMac is an SO but nor do I believe it is Jamz. I really can't understand Janice's vitriol towards Jamz, just because he/she has a different outlook on this process. If anything I'd say Jamz was being realistic about the ineptitude of CS resourcing and/or HMRC and the likelihood that some people just won't ever see their offers realised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Violetx)
    I agree; the Civil Service has plenty of barely literate staff, right up to SCS level. I've also observed plenty of poor grammar, spelling and syntax from people on here purporting to have received offers.

I don't believe this CivilMac is an SO but nor do I believe it is Jamz. I really can't understand Janice's vitriol towards Jamz, just because he/she has a different outlook on this process. If anything I'd say Jamz was being realistic about the ineptitude of CS resourcing and/or HMRC and the likelihood that some people just won't ever see their offers realised.
    Because she probably got her application competency test filled in at the Job centre ( with NB JSA on file at the interview to drop a hint to the interviewers) and talks about Burger flippers to make herself feel better! ( anything to cut the state welfare bill eh)

ReputationRep:

Ineptitude isn't what has dictated the pace or progress of these campaigns. It's been nepotism, back slapping and back handers

ReputationRep:

Sorry Violetx but you really should go back and read the posts that Jamz puts up here before you comment. He personally attacks people, not just HMRC. I totally understand where Janice is coming from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carol29)
    Sorry Violetx but you really should go back and read the posts that Jamz puts up here before you comment. He personally attacks people, not just HMRC. I totally understand where Janice is coming from.
    Think Violet's post related to a personal attack on myself by Janice. Or do you view these posts through Janice- tinted spectacles?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamz115)
    Think Violet's post related to a personal attack on myself by Janice. Or do you view these posts through Janice- tinted spectacles?
    Point proven 😀

ReputationRep:

You seem to have made a decision without doing suitable research. Janice is quite within her rights to feel the way she does based on the constant negativity and the scaremongering Jamz has been guilty of in the past, at times when many people who might not understand the process too well are were already stressed and worried.

He has on many occasions made claims about no more offers being made, only for a batch of offers to be issued a matter of days later.

He is clueless but makes claims like they are fact and does nothing to help the situation here.

And there's the aggression towards others.

I would say that there is a good chance Jamz and CivilMac are the same person as they are both full of s**t! CivilMac basically spreads the same s**t but using a different approach, TRYING to appear intelligent - he has been outted as a fraud a few times now.

...And CivilMac did appear on the scene just as Jamz lost any credibility he had on here 🤔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carol29)
    Point proven 😀
    +1
    😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamz115)
    Because she probably got her application competency test filled in at the Job centre ( with NB JSA on file at the interview to drop a hint to the interviewers) and talks about Burger flippers to make herself feel better! ( anything to cut the state welfare bill eh)
    Did somebody mention vitriol earlier on? 👍

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.