Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I got offered the HE job today! So pleased. I will be in Birmingham. I have also applied for HO job, but am accepting this one.

Just in a bit of a dilemma as I really want to give notice in as my current job requires 3 months notice & I am worried I will need to start before that, but the email said not to hand notice in before pre employment checks are done which could take a month!! I need to hand my notice in ASAP... but I suppose I should wait for checks to be done....not sure what to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!

Maybe drop them email and ask when they anticipate we'll be starting/explain your notice period... Suppose it's a bit of a risk, but if you know there isn't anything that will show up in the background checks then you could hand your notice in now?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Might risk it as I am 100% certain checks will be fine (I work in Safeguarding Children at the moment & had last DBS two years ago). Congrats everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for both HO and EO which closed 11th Feb for Manchester. HO is still saying Online Test Completr and EO is saying Application Under Review. It's been a while now, hasn't it? Anyone else in the same boat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimmyknx)
    I have applied for both HO and EO which closed 11th Feb for Manchester. HO is still saying Online Test Completr and EO is saying Application Under Review. It's been a while now, hasn't it? Anyone else in the same boat?
    I applied for HO for Manchester as well and mine currently says Online Test Complete too. Just a waiting game I guess

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody heard anything back?

ReputationRep:
    Nope nothing yet, I'm religiously checking at least 2 or 3 times a day but nothing yet!

ReputationRep:
    Not heard anything, someone mentioned they would be releasing the results after the 9th March.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got Provisional offer for Hidden Economy and application for Higher Officer Caseworker still sitting as online test complete

ReputationRep:
    HO application still says 'Online test complete'

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back yet? Still nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.K100)
    Anyone heard back yet? Still nothing
    Nothing here!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything? I haven't and due to start an EO role in less than 2weeks time

ReputationRep:
    I think its dissapointing we haven't received anything back yet ....

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's usual for them to send out updates on Fridays, so lets hope and pray we hear something today:crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    Still nothing, was hoping for something soon but the wait goes on

ReputationRep:
    Just noticed a few documents have appeared in the 'view attachments' section of my application, there's a DBS check form, pension questionnaires and a few others but they were uploaded yesterday. I haven't received any feedback or actual correspondence. Has anyone else had the same thing happen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cmitten)
    Just noticed a few documents have appeared in the 'view attachments' section of my application, there's a DBS check form, pension questionnaires and a few others but they were uploaded yesterday. I haven't received any feedback or actual correspondence. Has anyone else had the same thing happen?
    Snap. I assume they'll be inviting the successful ones to schedule interview pretty soon! According to the dates this was done on Friday- never even noticed! Was hoping there'd be a candidate information pack to mooch at

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca_:))
    Snap. I assume they'll be inviting the successful ones to schedule interview pretty soon! According to the dates this was done on Friday- never even noticed! Was hoping there'd be a candidate information pack to mooch at
    I've been told it will be the 16th that invites start going out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca_:))
    I also have the same - I didn't even notice!! Fingers crossed we'll hear soon

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.