The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I got offered the HE job today! So pleased. I will be in Birmingham. I have also applied for HO job, but am accepting this one.

Just in a bit of a dilemma as I really want to give notice in as my current job requires 3 months notice & I am worried I will need to start before that, but the email said not to hand notice in before pre employment checks are done which could take a month!! I need to hand my notice in ASAP... but I suppose I should wait for checks to be done....not sure what to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Congrats!

Maybe drop them email and ask when they anticipate we'll be starting/explain your notice period... Suppose it's a bit of a risk, but if you know there isn't anything that will show up in the background checks then you could hand your notice in now?
Hi,

Might risk it as I am 100% certain checks will be fine (I work in Safeguarding Children at the moment & had last DBS two years ago). Congrats everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
I have applied for both HO and EO which closed 11th Feb for Manchester. HO is still saying Online Test Completr and EO is saying Application Under Review. It's been a while now, hasn't it? Anyone else in the same boat?
Original post by kimmyknx
I have applied for both HO and EO which closed 11th Feb for Manchester. HO is still saying Online Test Completr and EO is saying Application Under Review. It's been a while now, hasn't it? Anyone else in the same boat?

I applied for HO for Manchester as well and mine currently says Online Test Complete too. Just a waiting game I guess
Reply 25
Has anybody heard anything back?
Reply 26

Nope nothing yet, I'm religiously checking at least 2 or 3 times a day but nothing yet!

Not heard anything, someone mentioned they would be releasing the results after the 9th March.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got Provisional offer for Hidden Economy and application for Higher Officer Caseworker still sitting as online test complete
HO application still says 'Online test complete'
Reply 30
Anyone heard back yet? Still nothing :frown:
Original post by S.K100
Anyone heard back yet? Still nothing :frown:

Nothing here!
Anyone heard anything? I haven't and due to start an EO role in less than 2weeks time
I think its dissapointing we haven't received anything back yet ....
Well, it's usual for them to send out updates on Fridays, so lets hope and pray we hear something today:crossedf:
Still nothing, was hoping for something soon but the wait goes on
Reply 36
Just noticed a few documents have appeared in the 'view attachments' section of my application, there's a DBS check form, pension questionnaires and a few others but they were uploaded yesterday. I haven't received any feedback or actual correspondence. Has anyone else had the same thing happen?
Original post by Cmitten
Just noticed a few documents have appeared in the 'view attachments' section of my application, there's a DBS check form, pension questionnaires and a few others but they were uploaded yesterday. I haven't received any feedback or actual correspondence. Has anyone else had the same thing happen?

Snap. I assume they'll be inviting the successful ones to schedule interview pretty soon! According to the dates this was done on Friday- never even noticed! Was hoping there'd be a candidate information pack to mooch at :tongue:
Reply 38
Original post by rebecca_:)
Snap. I assume they'll be inviting the successful ones to schedule interview pretty soon! According to the dates this was done on Friday- never even noticed! Was hoping there'd be a candidate information pack to mooch at :tongue:

I've been told it will be the 16th that invites start going out.
Reply 39
Original post by rebecca_:)

I also have the same - I didn't even notice!! Fingers crossed we'll hear soon

Latest

Trending

Trending