The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by sy1985
I got an start date for Leeds today. August 8th. Anyone else?

Congrats! Do you know who your manager will be?

I received a provisional offer in Leeds for the HO job in May. I heard from them two weeks ago asking for some missing information which I provided but haven't had any further contact. This is particularly frustrating because I actually currently work at HMRC as Band O in the same building that the job will be based at!

I do know that they are making some desk changes internally to create space for the new influx of staff, especially since the Shipley office won't be functional until December at the earliest.

I would've thought being internal meant I would receive a quick formal offer and start date but that's obviously not the case! I've spoken to DBS today who confirmed that they haven't received a new DBS application for me (I last had one this April so I assume they won't need to do another one!)
I've also applied. Still waiting for a response. Most likely to hear back in July.

What was your score for the online test? Also, what location have you chosen?

Original post by MMLewis93
I've applied for this role in the recent applications and am currently waiting for my application to progress possibly to the net stage as it currently is going through the SIFT stage. Anyone heard back from these current bloc of applications?
Reply 482
Has anyone heard anything more about start dates? I've not heard anything, the last thing I had was my DBS certificate in the post a week or so back.
Original post by Hayho
Has anyone heard anything more about start dates? I've not heard anything, the last thing I had was my DBS certificate in the post a week or so back.

Same - got my DBS last week and heard nothing since. Ignored my email.
Provisional Offer made on 12 May - O - Manchester

DBS has come back
Health declaration completed (as I have a health condition) and the healthcare organisation has confirmed they sent the report back over three weeks ago.
Referees have still not been contacted.

Frustrating.
Original post by lawgrad13

DBS has come back
Health declaration completed (as I have a health condition) and the healthcare organisation has confirmed they sent the report back over three weeks ago.

Frustrating.

I'm beyond frustrated now. Also in a really tough crappy job at the minute as well. Dying to hand my notice in!
Reply 486
I dont think we'll be starting anytime soon, September at the soonest, especially when people need to give notice of a month to current employers. I sent an email a week or so back but havent heard anything back.

DBS has come back

Frustrating.

3 weeks?!! I've got my OHA consultation by phone on Friday; thought it would only take a few days for them to make a decision after that! FFS!
Reply 488
Today I've had an email confirming that my pre employment checks have been completed satisfactorily. And that the vacancy will get in touch with me to arrange start date.
Reply 489
i dont think HMRC has even sent off my DBS application yet :frown:
Reply 490
Original post by King86
i dont think HMRC has even sent off my DBS application yet :frown:

If you ring DBS they will tell you.
Reply 491
Original post by Hayho
If you ring DBS they will tell you.

I rang them on Friday and they said they hadn't received anything yet
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hayho
Today I've had an email confirming that my pre employment checks have been completed satisfactorily. And that the vacancy will get in touch with me to arrange start date.

Oh I really hope I get this soon!
Original post by Hayho

Well done! That's great news - progress! Let us know what team you get put on and which building.
Hi,
Anyone starting Birmingham 4th July?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 495
Original post by Doll Parts
Well done! That's great news - progress! Let us know what team you get put on and which building.

Thanks, I will do. May not be long now for everyone.
Reply 496
Original post by King86
I rang them on Friday and they said they hadn't received anything yet

Hopefully should be soon. Once they receive it it only takes about a week to do.
Original post by Hayho

Did they contact your referees?
Reply 498
Did they contact your referees?

They did contact my friend who was a referee. Not sure about work. I'm in the police, not sure I'd find out.
Reply 499
Does anyone have a contact number for CSR?

I received an email this morning saying my application has been withdrawn for failing to provide further information. They asked me for my passport last wednesday, and i took it to them in person on the thursday so not sure what has happened here.

Latest