The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by King86
Does anyone have a contact number for CSR?

I received an email this morning saying my application has been withdrawn for failing to provide further information. They asked me for my passport last wednesday, and i took it to them in person on the thursday so not sure what has happened here.

I think that would just about tip me over the edge!! I think there was a number earlier in the posts!!
Reply 501
Original post by Sljca
I think that would just about tip me over the edge!! I think there was a number earlier in the posts!!

yea i am not overly pleased right now lol
i've tried all the numbers I can find online and no-one is answering. I've emailed a couple of different email addresses but they seem to take their time replying to emails.
Is anybody else still stuck on the reserve list for this??? I received an email in May asking if I still would be interested to take up a post in my first preference of Belfast if it were to become available. And also if I would be willing to take up a post in either Bristol, Cardiff, Leeds, or London. The email also stated that information about further instructions would be sent a the end of the month. I emailed at the beginning of June and was told that no further updates were currently available. I still haven't heard a thing! Is anybody else on this same boat? For it's driving me bonkers! :-(
Original post by King86
yea i am not overly pleased right now lol
i've tried all the numbers I can find online and no-one is answering. I've emailed a couple of different email addresses but they seem to take their time replying to emails.

Oh god I would be livid with that!!!

I called 03000 539 117 - took a few tries but eventually got through.
Original post by sw1981
Is anybody else still stuck on the reserve list for this??? I received an email in May asking if I still would be interested to take up a post in my first preference of Belfast if it were to become available. And also if I would be willing to take up a post in either Bristol, Cardiff, Leeds, or London. The email also stated that information about further instructions would be sent a the end of the month. I emailed at the beginning of June and was told that no further updates were currently available. I still haven't heard a thing! Is anybody else on this same boat? For it's driving me bonkers! :-(

Yes me for Liverpool. I'm not hopeful anybody will be recruited off the reserve list for Liverpool - there were only 4 vacancies to start off with.
Original post by dagoro1
Yes me for Liverpool. I'm not hopeful anybody will be recruited off the reserve list for Liverpool - there were only 4 vacancies to start off with.

My first preference was Belfast, then Newcastle, and Liverpool. I wish they could at least change the status on the website to rejected or something! It has started taking over my life, this nonsense! How did you score in your interview? I had 5, 5, 5. Actually feel like just withdrawing my application altogether and having a normal life back!
Reply 506
Original post by sw1981
My first preference was Belfast, then Newcastle, and Liverpool. I wish they could at least change the status on the website to rejected or something! It has started taking over my life, this nonsense! How did you score in your interview? I had 5, 5, 5. Actually feel like just withdrawing my application altogether and having a normal life back!

I was on the waitlist but received a provisional offer on Sunday. I had my interview in April and was put on the waiting list on the 9th of May
Original post by jas87
I was on the waitlist but received a provisional offer on Sunday. I had my interview in April and was put on the waiting list on the 9th of May

Congrstulations! Well done! :-) I had my interview in November, and have been on the reserve list since December. I did receive an email last month to ask if I was still interested in a post in my preferred location if it were to become available. And also if I would be willing to take a post in Bristol, Cardiff, Leeds, or London. I said I woud go to any of them but London. Email also said that information about further steps would be sent out later in the month. Nothing yet, and it's now on the brink of July. Losingn hope to be honest! :-( How did you score in your interview if you don'r mind me asking? :-)
Original post by dagoro1

How do you know there were only 4 for Liverpool? I'm going through pre-employment checks for there and I would say I gave a fairly average interview for a HEO, so I expected that I had an offer as they were taking on quite a few?

This just makes me worry again that they are taking me on for Bootle, not Liverpool.
Original post by Doll Parts
How do you know there were only 4 for Liverpool? I'm going through pre-employment checks for there and I would say I gave a fairly average interview for a HEO, so I expected that I had an offer as they were taking on quite a few?

This just makes me worry again that they are taking me on for Bootle, not Liverpool.

Most of you are lucky to have had or be hearing about offers! Lol. I've heard nothing from mid-May
Beginning to panic! :-(
Just in case anyone is not aware, HMRC have had their Pay Award announced and the minima for HO has gone to £29358 (1% increase).
Original post by Doll Parts

we applied for the recruitment campaign (September 2015) just before your one in February 2016 and some interesting documention was published.*

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/309889/response/764876/attach/3/1055%2016%20K%20Donnelly.pdf

I assume it was the Liverpool location that got the personal tax business line as the numbers all fit in. But there was easy 500 plus Interviews in Liverpool for like 5 jobs hahah.*

Dagoro even scored 7's and only made the reserve list*
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by rebecca_:)
we applied for the recruitment campaign (September 2015) just before your one in February 2016 and some interesting documention was published.*

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/309889/response/764876/attach/3/1055%2016%20K%20Donnelly.pdf

I assume it was the Liverpool location that got the personal tax business line as the numbers all fit in. But there was easy 500 plus Interviews in Liverpool for like 5 jobs hahah.*

Dagoro even scored 7's and only made the reserve list*

Not much hope for me then with my all round 5s then Rebecca? Lol. :-D. Ah well!!!
Original post by sw1981
Not much hope for me then with my all round 5s then Rebecca? Lol. :-D. Ah well!!!

depends what location- some have hired a fair few- others have been sort of over subscribed
depends what location- some have hired a fair few- others have been sort of over subscribed

I had Belfast first, Newcastle second, and Liverpool third, but they sent me an email 12th May. Complete waffle if you ask my opinion....asked me firstly if I would still be interested in a position in my preferred location were it to become available. Then asked if I would be willing to consider taking up a post in either Bristol, Cardiff, Leeds, or London, as they were in the process of provisionally offering O grades. I said yes to everywhere except London. Email also said I would receive information about further steps later in the month. That was May, and we are now as good as into July, so I guess it's history. Lol.
Original post by Hayho
So will this be our starting salary? Not sure why they advertised a salary range when payscale progression is frozen in the civil service. Or is starting salary negotiable to any degree?

I'm pretty sure earlier in this thread that it was made clear that the starting salary is just over £29,000 and this is frozen, capped at 1% increase and is non-negotiable.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 516
Original post by sw1981
Congrstulations! Well done! :-) I had my interview in November, and have been on the reserve list since December. I did receive an email last month to ask if I was still interested in a post in my preferred location if it were to become available. And also if I would be willing to take a post in Bristol, Cardiff, Leeds, or London. I said I woud go to any of them but London. Email also said that information about further steps would be sent out later in the month. Nothing yet, and it's now on the brink of July. Losingn hope to be honest! :-( How did you score in your interview if you don'r mind me asking? :-)

My provisional offer is for Glasgow which was my first choice I had received 555 for my interview.
Original post by jas87
My provisional offer is for Glasgow which was my first choice I had received 555 for my interview.

Good man! :-) Things couldn't really be better for you then? :-) Congratulations! That's a little reassuring...there's perhaps a little hope for me yet then with my 555 also. Hahaha! Fingers crossed! :-)
Original post by sw1981
Good man! :-) Things couldn't really be better for you then? :-) Congratulations! That's a little reassuring...there's perhaps a little hope for me yet then with my 555 also. Hahaha! Fingers crossed! :-)

you'll get somewhere- you've listed so many choices. Keep positive and I've got my fingers crossed for you :')
you'll get somewhere- you've listed so many choices. Keep positive and I've got my fingers crossed for you :':wink:

If I don't hear something soon Rebecca, I know where I'll get...the f**kin funny farm!!! Lol. Even if it's going to be bad news, I'd prefer it to be brought to a close! Lol. Never endured 7 months like this in my life!!! :-( Lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending