The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I emailed [email protected] and ISBC.e&[email protected] and I've not received a response from either of them.
Reply 641
they're not great at replying, and when they do its just a template response. i have had the same template response 3 times now
Original post by pukahontas
I emailed [email protected] and ISBC.e&[email protected] and I've not received a response from either of them.

I just emailed the isbc.e&crecruitmentteam email address and got a reply within half an hour. They advised that the sift has been completed for the HO position and the results will be released very soon.
Am guessing they want to bring in new people or they wouldn't have bothered advertising outside of HMRC. What;'s the point in shifting people around then having to recruit again to fill those posts.
Only problem is the older threads say HMRC can take months, with dates getting set back, so I'll just accept whichever offer I get first as have a few applications going :-)
Original post by King86
they're not great at replying, and when they do its just a template response. i have had the same template response 3 times now

The template replies are really annoying they must have some idea or deadline for telling people whether they're even getting an interview.
Reply 645
I had my pensions options/choices through the post yesterday, it makes my start date of 5th September that little more real.
Original post by Hayho
I had my pensions options/choices through the post yesterday, it makes my start date of 5th September that little more real.

I received mine yesterday and posted off today :-)
Reply 647
Original post by lawgrad13

I haven't had that but I think it's because I am already in the civil service.
"Pre-employment checks passed" :u:
Reply 649
Original post by Doll Parts
"Pre-employment checks passed" :u:

Yay!!!!!!
Reply 650
Hi. My pre employment checks are complete and I have received my pension options. I am still waiting for a start date. Anybody else waiting for a start date for Birmingham?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 651
I just emailed the isbc.e&crecruitmentteam email address and got a reply within half an hour. They advised that the sift has been completed for the HO position and the results will be released very soon.

I emailed yesterday, and got my email from a different address today with my start date and official offer! I've got a family friend who works in the same office, and he advises that HR is so overworked and understaffed.

3rd October, Manchester, Compliance and Enforcement, Small and Medium Businesses. Can't wait. :biggrin:
Reply 652
Hi. My pre employment checks are now complete and I have received my pension options. I am still waiting for a start date. Anybody else waiting for a start date for Birmingham?
Reply 653

I glanced over them, I presume that the alpha option is best option for non civil service employee currently...
So, for those of you who have had formal offers - have you actually had sight of a contract yet?

I'm just interested to see what it says in the Hours/Workind Days section, particularly with all the hoo-ha over DWPs 'Employee Deal'. Apprecaite that different roles may have different working patterns but it would be interesting to see what the generic text is.
My formal offer email said that I will be presented with my letter of appointment and contract by my manager on the first day for signing. My working pattern will be standard contract for 37 hours per week Monday to Friday.
My formal offer email said that I will be presented with my letter of appointment and contract by my manager on the first day for signing. My working pattern will be standard contract for 37 hours per week Monday to Friday.

Ok - bit concerning! But good to see they have specifically stated Mon - Fri. Ta!
Reply 657
Original post by Doll Parts
So, for those of you who have had formal offers - have you actually had sight of a contractor yet?

I'm just interested to see what it says in the Hours/Workind Days section, particularly with all the hoo-ha over DWPs 'Employee Deal'. Apprecaite that different roles may have different working patterns but it would be interesting to see what the generic text is.

My formal offer states Monday to Friday 9 - 5, but with some depts offering flexi. Also says that my manager will send out the contract to me. Personally, I wanted to see the contract before handing my notice in, but that can't happen, who knows when the contract will be sent out. I'm also assuming that this is a permanent contract, and not temporary or fixed.
Hi All,

Hope your all well

Had a quick question, I've been given a provisional offer and they are currently doing checks. Im slightly concerned as I was given a written warning a couple of months ago and was wondering if this would have an impact on getting me the promotion. I haven't receiving anything from work for to state I have a ban or have been given reduced responsibilities, can it still have an effect on me getting the job.
Original post by booobooo
Hi All,

Hope your all well

Had a quick question, I've been given a provisional offer and they are currently doing checks. Im slightly concerned as I was given a written warning a couple of months ago and was wondering if this would have an impact on getting me the promotion. I haven't receiving anything from work for to state I have a ban or have been given reduced responsibilities, can it still have an effect on me getting the job.

If you're a civil servant it should have been declared in your application- it specifically asks about disciplinary action and live warnings and you will not be eligible to apply. Not sure what happens if you're external though, as my understanding was that they weren't contacting current employers for references.

Latest

Trending

Trending