Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Oh my days. I got 1

That's shocking on my behalf. My example wasn't specific enough and read as job description. Gutted as I got 92% on the csist test

ReputationRep:
    3 here - think 4 is the minimum

never mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insertusernme)
    3 here - think 4 is the minimum

never mind
    Yeah I think four is the minimum. Ah well. It was a risk with my competency. I think I over complicated this one as I wrote it for HO and probably never stuck to the STAR technique.

ReputationRep:
    Application has now changed to unsuccessful :-( good luck to everyone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got 2 Ahh well eh

ReputationRep:
    I hope some one gets through off this forum- so far we have all have been unsuccessful

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I got 3, says I used too many words setting the scene.It's difficult though as the work example I was describing would be quite hard to follow if the scene was not set well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rchilton)
    Yeah I got 3, says I used too many words setting the scene.It's difficult though as the work example I was describing would be quite hard to follow if the scene was not set well.
    Yeah 250 words is hard to make a good example and keep the waffle down. It's a learning curve though and will do us good if we apply for a HO job in future

ReputationRep:
    I got 2, no critical analysis. Never mind I might try for this again in a few years when I have more experience in the setting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca_:))
    Yeah 250 words is hard to make a good example and keep the waffle down. It's a learning curve though and will do us good if we apply for a HO job in future
    Definitely, think in future I will just use examples from when I worked in a bar. Pretty easy to say 'I worked in a bar and', where as trying to explain what goes on in a research and development testing lab for fire protective coatings is a nightmare!

ReputationRep:
    Don't let the feedback get you down too much. I have seen the same competency score from 1-6 on different applications.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I managed a 4 and got an interview, 99% in CSIST.

Good luck to everyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I scored 2 - minimal demonstration. I suppose I am very concise but I'm still gutted haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Britishblue1)
    Hi,

I managed a 4 and got an interview, 99% in CSIST.

Good luck to everyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done, seem to be the only successful person so far. Routing for you!

ReputationRep:
    I got a 99% on the CSIST and 3 on the competency. The same competency I had used previously for a similar role and scored a 6 with.

Seems like they've been overly harsh or there is maybe more to it?

Good luck to anyone who is successful, though.

ReputationRep:
    I managed 4 too and have booked for interview in Manchester.

Seems like they're a lot stricter with the marking for the competency than I first thought!

Don't be too disheartened as I'm sure they'll be recruiting again soon enough!

ReputationRep:
    I got 2 , minimal demonstration and it says no evidence of decision making or data handling. I didnt think my example was that bad ! Im gutted. I will be 23 without a proper career under way.

Does anyone know when they would recruit again ? Is it next year same time ?

ReputationRep:
    Also unsuccessful - scored 2 - minimal demonstration. I actually didn't think I could've added more to my competency particularly with the small word count!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawgrad13)
    I managed 4 too and have booked for interview in Manchester.

Seems like they're a lot stricter with the marking for the competency than I first thought!

Don't be too disheartened as I'm sure they'll be recruiting again soon enough!
    Congrats. Where there many interview dates out of interest? Hopefully they've whittled it down to a small amount so you have a good chance of passing the interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca_:))
    Congrats. Where there many interview dates out of interest? Hopefully they've whittled it down to a small amount so you have a good chance of passing the interview!
    Interview dates depend on the office you are applying to, but they were mainly next week and week after. For Manchester it was over 4 days with roughly around 7 or 8 interview slots per day. I think it will still feel like a cattle market come interview day, as it did last time!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.