Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vereor)
    I got an e-mail saying there had been a technical fault and to disregard, but I never saw the marks change. I was in the office when HR told one of my colleagues that it was a mistake and the marks were inaccurate too.
    That email was for something completely different and wasn't specific to the campaign. We just have to sit tight!

ReputationRep:
    So today might be the day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sljca)
    I've started as a HO. I have got flexi time at 37 hours a week. At the moment I'm doing a lot of training so no travelling. As far as I can tell, the only travelling is if and when you have to go to a meeting with customers.
    Do you have core hours?

ReputationRep:
    I have been told by another member on this forum that we should have the results over the weekend as they have spoken to the lead of recruitment....

not sure how accurate this information is but its definitely exciting! #remaininhope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waki7866)
    I have been told by another member on this forum that we should have the results over the weekend as they have spoken to the lead of recruitment....

not sure how accurate this information is but its definitely exciting! #remaininhope
    Was that Deltaguy or someone else?

Deltaguy has recently said on the http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4198373&page=4

That he's been told that it should be tomorrow so if it's someone else, should be a good sign :-)

ReputationRep:
    It is Deltaguy lol so we are on the right page! im hoping it is by tmrw. my overall result does state make an offer and in Birmingham so hoping its a good sign....but as stated before...could be just to cover up for the mistake and could be the actual results published before the due date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sljca)
    I've started as a HO. I have got flexi time at 37 hours a week. At the moment I'm doing a lot of training so no travelling. As far as I can tell, the only travelling is if and when you have to go to a meeting with customers.
    Hi just got my job offer for belfast which is 37 hours says office hours 9 -5 but says working hours may be flexible was your offer worded the same. How are you finding the job?

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know if there is a large intake for Birmingham? I have got a provisional offer but am worried about getting a start date in December which is when i have my holiday booked for my wedding. I was thinking about deferring the start date in this case if it is normally accepted-and start with the next group. Does anybody have any advice at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahima589)
    Does anybody know if there is a large intake for Birmingham? I have got a provisional offer but am worried about getting a start date in December which is when i have my holiday booked for my wedding. I was thinking about deferring the start date in this case if it is normally accepted-and start with the next group. Does anybody have any advice at all?
    Hi Shahima,

When did you receive the provisional offer?

I do know they are recuiting another 1000 people so definitely will be more groups in the future and I know they are investing heavily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahima589)
    I'm sure someone a page or two ago said they asked to defer by one week, due to a holiday and were told 'no' due to the training structure, but maybe that's down to location or line manager.

ReputationRep:
    I received the provisional offer on 14th of August. I am worried that i will get a start date mid November. The holiday/wedding is all booked and i need at least one month off therefore i am hoping to defer the start date if possible. Very worried now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doll Parts)
    I'm sure someone a page or two ago said they asked to defer by one week, due to a holiday and were told 'no' due to the training structure, but maybe that's down to location or line manager.
    They have changed the learning programme from a 50 week course to a 26 week course to be run consecutively (IE each week leads on to the next). As it has been compacted they are less able to bring people back up to speed if they have time off during their training.

ReputationRep:
    I will just have to hope i am able to defer the start date then

ReputationRep:
    maybe apply for the new 1000 roles just added a few days ago as a back up?

I am currently awaiting my results for Bham.

The waiting times are just insane!

ReputationRep:
    Are you able to post me the link for these vacancies as i cannot seem to find them? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Are you internal or external?

The 1000 are currently internally....after which once they have recruited...they will send the remaining as external.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vereor)
    They have changed the learning programme from a 50 week course to a 26 week course to be run consecutively (IE each week leads on to the next). As it has been compacted they are less able to bring people back up to speed if they have time off during their training.
    That's really useful as I've been trying to find out how the training is structured. Are there gaps in training eg Easter, summer hols etc when you are expected to take leave?

I start this Monday in Liverpool in WMBC.

ReputationRep:
    Hmrc pretty much provides on the job training after ur first few weeks. Training can vary, could be classroom based or e-learning or even doing the job with a mentor/buddy. During training they usually accommodate holidays that you have pre-booked within reason. I don't think they would let you have a month off thought, I say that because they're taking on more people soon so I think they will have a structured induction which you have to attend (maybe first week) but after that you can take leave within reason.

ReputationRep:
    Just to add, I think it's very unlikely that results will be published over the weekend...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waki7866)

highly doubtful they will send results in the weekend. more likely to be a weekday.

heres how mine happened: 11/02/2016; closed for app. >> 18/03/2016; interview email >>>> interviews lasted around 4 weeks >>>>> 09/05/2016; reserve list >>>>>>> 15/08/2016; provisional offer.

hope this helps. probably wont

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.