Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TraineeAcc)
    So people are not actually offered a role yet??
    Nope. All people have received is an e-mail informing them they have 'successfully passed the interview and that they will be intouch shortly'. That to me would indicate that they still haven't confirmed the actual number of vacancies at each location. I'd imagine once they do those that have scored the highest will be then offered positions and those left will be put on a merit list.

ReputationRep:
    No offers yet as far as I am aware

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LBMD)
    Nope. All people have received is an e-mail informing them they have 'successfully passed the interview and that they will be intouch shortly'. That to me would indicate that they still haven't confirmed the actual number of vacancies at each location. I'd imagine once they do those that have scored the highest will be then offered positions and those left will be put on a merit list.
    What a disgrace to keep people waiting and only to tell them that.

I know loads of people who are bursting with joy because they think they've got through!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escapalda lamen)
    Well done Congratulations. What location did you apply for? did you get any scores for your interview?
    I applied for Liverpool, Salford & Manchester and scored 5,6,6 at interview x

ReputationRep:
    re: job offer. Good points above - candidates would think they have been offered the roles. It is better to have sent a more circumspect email because this email could falsely raise hopes of many candidates with only a few being successful immediately.

ReputationRep:
    I've just changed to 'provisional offer' and have detailed interview feedback on my competencies for Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    250 out of 540 passed a DWP recruitment drive I applied for in March (and I am still their reserve list) but only 50 got jobs if that helps put these emails in perspective. Whilst it's good if the email says you passed the interview, this isn't a job offer, you're just through to the next stage. Basically HMRC Xfactor isn't it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vereor)
    I've just changed to 'provisional offer' and have detailed interview feedback on my competencies for Manchester.

Well done. Did your status state "application being reviewed" before it changed to "provisional offer"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplymekaty)
    Well done. Did your status state "application being reviewed" before it changed to "provisional offer"?
    Only for about 5 minutes, the feedback is really detailed too. They even gave me additional points to work on in future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vereor)

My status has just changed to Congratulations, you have been made an offer, subject to satisfactory pre employment checks (e.g. references, security vetting etc.), for the position of 1494679 - CSR/1321/16 - Higher Officer Caseworkers (Tax Professional and Operational Delivery).

I got 5, 4, 5, 5 location London.

ReputationRep:
    My status has just changed to Congratulations, you have been made an offer, subject to satisfactory pre employment checks (e.g. references, security vetting etc.), for the position of 1494679 - CSR/1321/16 - Higher Officer Caseworkers (Tax Professional and Operational Delivery).

Did you apply internally or are you an external candidate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LBMD)
    CSR/1321 is the internal job.
    CSR/1320 is the external

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LBMD)
    I applied internally.

ReputationRep:

congratulations. does it say where in London. Croydon and Stratford were the London location last time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mabze)
    congratulations. does it say where in London. Croydon and Stratford were the London location last time.
    Thanks for that I wish I knew that as well. The thing is those two locations are for the future and so in the immediate future I doubt I will be working in those locations. Stratford currently has a very smallish office which will go by 2020 and they are still looking for another site to accommodate 5,000 employees. Stratford would be brilliant for me.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that I wish I knew that as well. The thing is those two locations are for the future and so in the immediate future I doubt I will be working in those locations. Stratford currently has a very smallish office which will go by 2020 and they are still looking for another site to accommodate 5,000 employees. Stratford would be brilliant for me.
    i've been offered Startford on the feb 2016 campaign last month so i am chuffed. when they recruited stratford in feb 2016, there was only 2 positions available. so maybe they changed to london for the reasons you mentioned above.

stratford will be the new centre for employees as far as i know. it may not be jubilee house which is rundown or needs a refurb

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

got given the email this morning to say I have passed the interview.

Im still going to apply for the others as I cant rely on this email until I have a firm offer for employment...

im excited and happy but everything still rough around the edges.....so cant even celebrate properly!

speaking to my friend who works here....shouldn't be too long before we get offered a role...but as we all know.....cant rely on much of the information given atm.

ReputationRep:
    Unsuccessful with 333 score. Congrats to all who passed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naszam)
    Unsuccessful with 333 score. Congrats to all who passed
    Did you get an email saying you've been unsuccessful this morning, or are you going just off the CivilJobs website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimmyknx)
    Did you get an email saying you've been unsuccessful this morning, or are you going just off the CivilJobs website?
    Email and website both.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.