Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am an international student who fortunately got into King's with an unconditional offer for International Development. This was my first time applying to UK universities, and so I am not familiar with the ranking and stuff. However, I see that there are many threads about KCL not being a good school. Should I be worried about the reputation of King's? How is international development program there? Is the job market for this program good? Thanks for reading.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm a first year student at King's and I'm doing International Development. In terms of rankings, King's ranks 17th best in the world (The QS Rankings). If you look at certain UK-based rankings, they usually rely on data that the Universities sell/give to them. King's sometimes withholds some data, which is why the rank lower in some rankings. King's has a fantastic reputation, both in London, the UK and the world. Everybody I know has/is on the path to securing the internships of their choice globally. Everyone's King's experience is unique because of where in London their halls are, and what campus they are based in (Depending on your course, you are in one or more of Kings' 5 campuses).In terms of the programme, International Development is a fantastic multidisciplinary programme, and it's reputation across the college is growing with every cohort. The job market for this course is probably the widest within the department of social sciences and public policy. It gives you the liberty to choose from the public to the private sector depending on what your interests are. Let me know if you need anything else!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Rohan, thanks for your input. Anyway I am also thinking about doing postgrad at schools like LSE, UCL, or Oxbridges, or some prestigious schools either in Econ or Finance after King's, do you think it is too implausible?

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely not! Most of us at King's head to great schools for postgrad, it's not implausible. International Development has enough Econ and Maths in it for any great school to accept you for an MSc or an MBA. You'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rohanmalik)
    Absolutely not! Most of us at King's head to great schools for postgrad, it's not implausible. International Development has enough Econ and Maths in it for any great school to accept you for an MSc or an MBA. You'll be fine
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm planning on applying to KCL for International development. I was wondering what subjects you did/grades you got in order for them to give you an unconditional offer?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.