Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are the penalties for not paying for parking and am I doing something really bad Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The car park which will remain unnamed dispenses chip coins that 2 you're supposed to put into a machine at the end of your stay to pay. What I've noticed is that after you've paid, it gives you the same little chip coin back. So intuitively the next time, i tried just putting it into the exit barrier without paying and it worked..

Ejhmmm is this really bad and is there any way they could find out electronically/through cctv or something?? I've got to admit I've since tried it again and didn't pay a penny.. Lol any advice??

Well it's theft, so yes I suppose that qualifies as 'really bad'

They could use CCTV to prove you've done it but it's a fair amount of work to do so. Personally I'd count my blessings and be grateful for the free ones I've had, and start paying again, but that's just me. It's far worse for you to get caught and potentially end up with a criminal record than to be paying for parking, however unlikely that may be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JBLondon)
    Well it's theft, so yes I suppose that qualifies as 'really bad'

They could use CCTV to prove you've done it but it's a fair amount of work to do so. Personally I'd count my blessings and be grateful for the free ones I've had, and start paying again, but that's just me. It's far worse for you to get caught and potentially end up with a criminal record than to be paying for parking, however unlikely that may be.
    Fair enough. Not worth the risk for sure

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.