Turn on thread page Beta

Is £10,000 a lot of money to you? watch

ReputationRep:
    £10,000 is a lot of money to some people, but to others it is merely the price of a meal at an expensive restaurant.

How would £10,000 change your life?

How rich do you need to be for £10,000 to be like pocket change?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CreamyChocolate)
    It wouldn't

Perhaps a millionaire?
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Yes?????? £10,000 is a craaaaazy amount of money!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    It wouldn't

Perhaps a millionaire?
    So you wouldn't use it to buy a car or go on holiday?

ReputationRep:
    So you wouldn't use it to buy a car or go on holiday?
    No, I have a car and can afford to take holidays already.

ReputationRep:
    It's not really a "life changing" amount of money is it?

Still wouldn't say no to it tho.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I don't think it is for me. Thanks to my parents, not anything I have achieved l.

ReputationRep:
    doesn't matter how rich you are, 10 grand wont get anyone very far these days at all. A billionaire would consider 10 grand as pocket change.

ReputationRep:
    £10000 is a lot of money, yes. I assume this is about Ronnie O'Sullivan turning down the 147? Unless you've just posted this coincidentally.

ReputationRep:
    Someone please give me £10,000 :adore:

ReputationRep:
    it is my Mossad retainer to hang out on TSR each month ?

ReputationRep:
    £10,000 could be life changing to some people. In my area that could be enough to get a mortgage.

I'd take a holiday and then save the rest.

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't necessarily be life changing but I would definitely take it because it's still a good bit of money. Could buy a decent car with it or go on a pretty nice holiday or just have one massive TREAT YO SELF day

ReputationRep:
    £10,000 is a lot of money to some people, but to others it is merely the price of a meal at an expensive restaurant.

i could do a lot i'd buy what i have planned over the next couple of years so a few pieces of jewellery and a couple of watches amongst other things like building my home bar
    i know a guy in the restaurant trade who used to spend a grand every time he came n and he was worth £50million so i'd say half a billion

Hell yes. I've never seen anywhere close to that amount of money in my life.

While I don't think £10k would change my life completely, it would definitely have a very positive impact (how could it not?) - it depends on how you're going to spend it as to the extent it would change your life, I suppose.

And on the second question, I'm not sure - it all depends on the person's attitude toward money. Personally, even if I became a millionnaire, I don't think I could ever see £10k as pocket change because it's still money that has a lot of value, even if its value would seem less in comparison to my wealth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    Nah I don't think it is for me. Thanks to my parents, not anything I have achieved l.
    If only they invested in you so that you're capable of writing in coherent sentences.

ReputationRep:

Ronnie O'Sullivan rich.

But in all seriousness. £10,000, although might help the general population out, it's a miniscule amount in the big scheme of things. That being said, an extra £10,000 wouldn't go amiss.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    £10,00 would for me either pay for my wedding or go towards a deposit for me I would say that it is alot of money to me an probs most people but isn't life changing but more of a helpful nudge in the right direction. x

ReputationRep:
    There are very few restaurants in the world where you can spend £10000 unless you're buying loads of VERY fancy wine. Even at three Michelin-starred places the food bill will run into hundreds, not thousands.

£10k is still a lot of money to me, albeit probably less than for proper students on here.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    £10,000 wouldn't change my life. :lol:
    I'd probably spend that money on a new computer and other tech stuff.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.