Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is £10,000 a lot of money to you? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    £10,000 is a lot of money to some people, but to others it is merely the price of a meal at an expensive restaurant.

How would £10,000 change your life?

How rich do you need to be for £10,000 to be like pocket change?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CreamyChocolate)
    It wouldn't

Perhaps a millionaire?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Yes?????? £10,000 is a craaaaazy amount of money!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    It wouldn't

Perhaps a millionaire?
    So you wouldn't use it to buy a car or go on holiday?

ReputationRep:
    So you wouldn't use it to buy a car or go on holiday?
    No, I have a car and can afford to take holidays already.

ReputationRep:
    It's not really a "life changing" amount of money is it?

Still wouldn't say no to it tho.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I don't think it is for me. Thanks to my parents, not anything I have achieved l.

ReputationRep:
    doesn't matter how rich you are, 10 grand wont get anyone very far these days at all. A billionaire would consider 10 grand as pocket change.

ReputationRep:
    £10000 is a lot of money, yes. I assume this is about Ronnie O'Sullivan turning down the 147? Unless you've just posted this coincidentally.

ReputationRep:
    Someone please give me £10,000 :adore:

ReputationRep:
    it is my Mossad retainer to hang out on TSR each month ?

ReputationRep:
    £10,000 could be life changing to some people. In my area that could be enough to get a mortgage.

I'd take a holiday and then save the rest.

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't necessarily be life changing but I would definitely take it because it's still a good bit of money. Could buy a decent car with it or go on a pretty nice holiday or just have one massive TREAT YO SELF day

ReputationRep:
    £10,000 is a lot of money to some people, but to others it is merely the price of a meal at an expensive restaurant.

i could do a lot i'd buy what i have planned over the next couple of years so a few pieces of jewellery and a couple of watches amongst other things like building my home bar
    i know a guy in the restaurant trade who used to spend a grand every time he came n and he was worth £50million so i'd say half a billion

Hell yes. I've never seen anywhere close to that amount of money in my life.

While I don't think £10k would change my life completely, it would definitely have a very positive impact (how could it not?) - it depends on how you're going to spend it as to the extent it would change your life, I suppose.

And on the second question, I'm not sure - it all depends on the person's attitude toward money. Personally, even if I became a millionnaire, I don't think I could ever see £10k as pocket change because it's still money that has a lot of value, even if its value would seem less in comparison to my wealth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    Nah I don't think it is for me. Thanks to my parents, not anything I have achieved l.
    If only they invested in you so that you're capable of writing in coherent sentences.

ReputationRep:

Ronnie O'Sullivan rich.

But in all seriousness. £10,000, although might help the general population out, it's a miniscule amount in the big scheme of things. That being said, an extra £10,000 wouldn't go amiss.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    £10,00 would for me either pay for my wedding or go towards a deposit for me I would say that it is alot of money to me an probs most people but isn't life changing but more of a helpful nudge in the right direction. x

ReputationRep:
    There are very few restaurants in the world where you can spend £10000 unless you're buying loads of VERY fancy wine. Even at three Michelin-starred places the food bill will run into hundreds, not thousands.

£10k is still a lot of money to me, albeit probably less than for proper students on here.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    £10,000 wouldn't change my life. :lol:
    I'd probably spend that money on a new computer and other tech stuff.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.