Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to write a successful statement of purpose to Master's Program in Philosophy? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everybody)
    I am applying to Central Eoropean University in Hungary this year
    Deadine is in April and I would like to ask for some help with statement
    Maybe somebody was writing a SP for program in Philosophy and know some special tips)
    thank you
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid that most people on this site won't have knowledge about applying to countries other than the UK, or masters courses. Check the website of the university and see what they suggest
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Different unis will have different requirements and what Interrobang's said is right. The uni may have length requirements or want you to answer certain questions in your PS. Generally you should talk about why you, why the course and uni and what your career plans are.

ReputationRep:
    Do you still need help with your statement of purpose? I have some great tips for you I've learnt so far from all the internet exploring.
    1. Give yourself a plenty of time, because statement of purpose is hard to write, first draft will never be any good so you will rewrite you sop few times.
    2. Don't get corny. Don't write things like "And that was the moment I understood what is the meaning of our lives".
    3. Don't teel about how you've become interested in philosophy.
    4. Statement of purpose can be an opportunity for you to explain your weaknesses. For example, you missed a lot of your classes because of problems with health and that's why you did badly in your class, you can explain all of this in your statement of purpose graduate. But don't get to sappy.
    5. It is a good idea to adjust your statement of purpose to particular school.
    6. Your extra curriculars schoould be relevant to the field of your study.
    I don't know if you've already got in your Master's Program, I hope you did. And hope this will help!
    Here is a great sample I found online.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.