Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My hair hair is silver/white, I originally got it done at Bleach London and they got it the perfect colour but ever since then I have been going to a respected salon in my local area to get my roots bleached, but every time I go I end up with golden roots.

I'm looking to bleach my roots at home because a) going to a salon every 6 weeks is far too expensive for me and b) I end up paying all this money to get a result I'm not even satisfied with.

My natural colour is a mousey brown. Can anyone give me clear guidance on what volume bleach and peroxide to use/what products I can use and where I can get these things?

Thank you!! :~)

The easiest thing for you to do is buy a 'set' of bleach. I find that 'Renbow Bleaching Kits' lighten the fastest and best. i use it on dyed jet black hair (on top of dark brown natural hair color) with previously dyed red hair (actually....previously dyed all colors you can think of). I got it for around £6 on E bay brand new with full instructions. I mixed the given sachet of blue bleach powder with the given bottle of developer. The whole amount covered 18'' of hair (dip dyed 26'' hair), i left it on 20 minutes to get it to lightest yellow and silver shampoo fixed it beautifully.

Then you will additionally need to apply your silver coloring.

You literally can not go wrong. Also! Garnier's ultimate blends in the brown bottle makes bleached hair feel like silk and retails at just £4 a bottle.

You could get away with using 20% but i would advise 30% for best results.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2016
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.