The Student Room Group

Reue's Making Money Blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reue
They used to pay out for pages read if you included additional content within your books, such as offering free books within your first book. Now they no longer do.

oh, so is this stuff all new?

https://kdp.amazon.com/help?topicId=A29FL26OKE7R7B
Reply 81
Original post by SophieSmall

No thats all still valid and has been since last year. Its a change to their T&Cs stopping you linking to additional content from within your first book.
Original post by Reue
No thats all still valid and has been since last year. Its a change to their T&Cs stopping you linking to additional content from within your first book.

oooh right, okay.
Reply 83
Another month gone past so time to total up the incomes:

Affiliates: £50
Kindle Publishing: £782
Matched Betting: £2220

Total for March: £3052

An awesome month for betting due to Cheltenham festival. Kindle publishing was also pretty good due to exploiting the loophole, this has sadly now been closed so will see another large income from them next month before it drops back down again.
I haven't managed to keep up with the blog, MB book finished??
Reply 85
Original post by hezzlington
I haven't managed to keep up with the blog, MB book finished??

No :/

I'm useless at following my own deadlines, get distracted with other stuff!
Original post by Reue
Jog on LittleSophie

Rule number 1 for money making, never tell anyone your niche!
Original post by Reue
Another month gone past so time to total up the incomes:

Affiliates: £50
Kindle Publishing: £782
Matched Betting: £2220

Total for March: £3052

An awesome month for betting due to Cheltenham festival. Kindle publishing was also pretty good due to exploiting the loophole, this has sadly now been closed so will see another large income from them next month before it drops back down again.

Wow! An awesome month!

What was the Kindle loophole?
Reply 88
Original post by Queen Cersei
What was the Kindle loophole?

Basically they would credit you for 'pages read' even if someone hadn't manually scrolled through every single page.
Original post by Reue
Basically they would credit you for 'pages read' even if someone hadn't manually scrolled through every single page.

What do you mean by Coaching?

Can you coach me in matched better? How much does you charged?

Thanks
Reply 90
Original post by helpmekid
What do you mean by Coaching?

Can you coach me in matched better? How much does you charged?

Thanks

Coaching is as the word suggests :s

I can, I've coached a few people already. Cost is £50 for the first few sessions during which you'd make at least that £50 back in profit anyway.

PM me if you have any further questions.
Reply 91
Monthly half-way update!

Matched betting not going as strong this month due to a lack of offers. I've had to scrape the barrel a bit with some fairly obscure bookmakers and pretty tough wagering conditions. Placed a £200 bet this evening that I'm really hoping doesnt win at the bookie otherwise I'm going to have to do £1.5k worth of rollovers. Current profit is about £800.

I've not really worked on Kindle this month. With all the changing terms and people getting banned for various stuff I wanted to leave it alone as I'm expecting a pretty big payout at the end of this month so want to get that in and then start hammering it again. Saying that; I'd estimate this month's Kindle income to be about £400 so far.

I've had a bit of affiliate income come in from various sources so that will add on to this month. Currently £100 but I'm owed a further £300.

Still a long way off that million quid...
Reply 92
April:

Affiliates: £250
Kindle Publishing: £1400
Matched Betting: £1600

Total for March: £3250

Less for the betting but a big increase in Kindle. I'm gonna work on Kindle alot more this month as I've been neglecting it recently.

I also scored an invite to Amazon Merch (https://merch.amazon.com/landing) which I've been waiting for for 5 months so gonna give that a shot also if I can find a decent designer and some ideas.
Original post by Reue
April:

Affiliates: £250
Kindle Publishing: £1400
Matched Betting: £1600

Total for March: £3250

Less for the betting but a big increase in Kindle. I'm gonna work on Kindle alot more this month as I've been neglecting it recently.

I also scored an invite to Amazon Merch (https://merch.amazon.com/landing) which I've been waiting for for 5 months so gonna give that a shot also if I can find a decent designer and some ideas.

Why you no longer coaching?
Reply 94
Original post by Pablo Picasso
Why you no longer coaching?

Haven't really been promoting it. I've got 2 people who are interested but I've not scheduled in the time for it yet.
Original post by Reue
Haven't really been promoting it. I've got 2 people who are interested but I've not scheduled in the time for it yet.

Nice. I assume it's online coaching? Also, where do you advertise yourself?
This matched betting thing is it possible to lose money?
Reply 97
Original post by Pablo Picasso
Nice. I assume it's online coaching? Also, where do you advertise yourself?

Yup, Skype + Teamviewer.

Word of mouth at the moment.
Reply 98
Original post by khanpatel321
This matched betting thing is it possible to lose money?

Not for the majority of offers.
Reply 99
Original post by Reue
Not for the majority of offers.

How much time and effort does it require to earn money from matched betting?

Quick Reply

Latest