Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A very disappointing few days Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For various reasons the last two days have been pretty upsetting for me, but I'm staying strong.

anyway

Back to work tomorrow - saving more lives - that will cheer me up.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    For various reasons the last two days have been pretty upsetting for me, but I'm staying strong.

anyway

Hope you're OK AG :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    keep it real dude :console:

ReputationRep:
    It's just a couple days out of a whole year. The positives will out weigh the negatives

ReputationRep:
    Go and do something you enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    Man up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry to hear about that. :hugs:

It's good that you're remaining positive, though - it's hard to mantain that mindset during hard times, so you should be proud of yourself for trying to not let this knock you down. :yep:

I think your patients will thank you, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    I'm sorry to hear about that. :hugs:

It's good that you're remaining positive, though - it's hard to mantain that mindset during hard times, so you should be proud of yourself for trying to not let this knock you down. :yep:

I think your patients will thank you, too.
    (Original post by BWV1007)
    Go and do something you enjoy.
    (Original post by C_tinie_D)
    It's just a couple days out of a whole year. The positives will out weigh the negatives
    (Original post by the bear)
    keep it real dude :console:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Hope you're OK AG :sadnod:
    Thanks for your kind words.

And I am doing something I enjoy already. Im spending lots of money on stuff. Will post picture soon. Might need a different thread for that, though.

ReputationRep:
    At least you're staying strong, everyone has these days.

Hope things improve for you & gl.

ReputationRep:

anyway

Open to sharing the nature of the 'various reasons'?

Girls? Parents? Porsches?

ReputationRep:
    hope your okay, feel free to PM if you want to talk

ReputationRep:
    if you run out of ideas for spending money bear™ is willing to accept substantial donations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    if you run out of ideas for spending money bear™ is willing to accept substantial donations
    Me 2

I'm saving for a car.

Would you like to buy homemade cookies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    Open to sharing the nature of the 'various reasons'?

Girls? Parents? Porsches?
    Well there were significant girl problems.

I think I'm incompatible with girls.

I spent some time with a girl I really liked but things she said annoyed me and when I spoke about it rather than just smiling and nodding she obviously got offended.

ReputationRep:
    Well there were significant girl problems.

I think I'm incompatible with girls.

I spent some time with a girl I really liked but things she said annoyed me and when I spoke about it rather than just smiling and nodding she obviously got offended.
    I see.

I don't think you are. But once you get it into your head it will become a thing. Self-fulfilling prophetics.

It is not easy when you are looking for someone to validate you whether that's validation of your looks, intelligence, money,or all of the above. I feel like that's kind of what you want in a way (though feel free to disagree; you know yourself best!). I potentially think your own standards for what will validate you are what is causing the feeling of incompatibility with the opposite sex.

It is good however that you are honest with people. If that girl got offended by something that matters to you then she goes in the bin. Honesty is the most efficient way of filtering the pool of potential suitors.

What do you most want from a girl at this stage?

ReputationRep:
    I see.

I don't think you are. But once you get it into your head it will become a thing. Self-fulfilling prophetics.

It is not easy when you are looking for someone to validate you whether that's validation of your looks, intelligence, money,or all of the above. I feel like that's kind of what you want in a way (though feel free to disagree; you know yourself best!). I potentially think your own standards for what will validate you are what is causing the feeling of incompatibility with the opposite sex.

It is good however that you are honest with people. If that girl got offended by something that matters to you then she goes in the bin. Honesty is the most efficient way of filtering the pool of potential suitors.

What do you most want from a girl at this stage?
    Thanks for your encouragement. Right now I just want the company. But I have this hang up about only being with girls that I would objectively rate as being attractive. And thus, it leads me to girls I end up getting bored of or getting frustrated with. The girl I spent valentines with turned out to be a left-wing, feminist, vegan, activist type with whom I didn't see eye to eye or anything. I think you're totally right about the self-validation thing.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your encouragement. Right now I just want the company. But I have this hang up about only being with girls that I would objectively rate as being attractive. And thus, it leads me to girls I end up getting bored of or getting frustrated with. The girl I spent valentines with turned out to be a left-wing, feminist, vegan, activist type with whom I didn't see eye to eye or anything. I think you're totally right about the self-validation thing.
    Well it's good to find out what you don't like in people. And well militant vegans with a superiority complex are the worst. I'm actually vegan but have been essentially repulsed by the way the 'community' act and have been banned from several vegan social media accounts for stating my pro GM stance (based on scientific evidence) which is incompatible with veganism for no apparent reason other than stupidity.

I guess it depends what's more important to you- the validation or the fulfilment. You could be slightly less validated but the fulfilment will compensate. It's about getting the balance and that isn't impossible. But you have to be more open and not have almost like a 'tick box' of physical attributes that need to be satisfied before AG proceeds further.

Deep down you want to be appreciated and feel attractive, just like the rest of us. When you find someone who genuinely feels that for you, as opposed to a superficial relationship based on a female being attractive on your arm and you giving them money to fulfil that position, you will feel liberated from that mindset.

Also you have to think of the sustainability of short-term attraction. What lasts in the long-term is mutual respect, shared ideals, and a compatible vision for the future.

ReputationRep:
    Well it's good to find out what you don't like in people. And well militant vegans with a superiority complex are the worst. I'm actually vegan but have been essentially repulsed by the way the 'community' act and have been banned from several vegan social media accounts for stating my pro GM stance (based on scientific evidence) which is incompatible with veganism for no apparent reason other than stupidity.

I guess it depends what's more important to you- the validation or the fulfilment. You could be slightly less validated but the fulfilment will compensate. It's about getting the balance and that isn't impossible. But you have to be more open and not have almost like a 'tick box' of physical attributes that need to be satisfied before AG proceeds further.

Deep down you want to be appreciated and feel attractive, just like the rest of us. When you find someone who genuinely feels that for you, as opposed to a superficial relationship based on a female being attractive on your arm and you giving them money to fulfil that position, you will feel liberated from that mindset.

Also you have to think of the sustainability of short-term attraction. What lasts in the long-term is mutual respect, shared ideals, and a compatible vision for the future.
    Lol so this girl had all these vegan hang ups and wouldn't drink Pepsi max and then SHE SMOKED. How hypocritical is that?! That's what I asked her about, in the nicest way possible.

One of the big problems I have is that eventually I know I'm going to end up marrying some Indian girl from a family like mine - it's just inevitable. So anything I get into right now is going to be mid-term at best, not long-term. That is why I'm trying to find an attractive white blonde girl whose like 5 years younger than me. May be its a rebellion against my parents.

ReputationRep:
    Lol so this girl had all these vegan hang ups and wouldn't drink Pepsi max and then SHE SMOKED. How hypocritical is that?! That's what I asked her about, in the nicest way possible.

One of the big problems I have is that eventually I know I'm going to end up marrying some Indian girl from a family like mine - it's just inevitable. So anything I get into right now is going to be mid-term at best, not long-term. That is why I'm trying to find an attractive white blonde girl whose like 5 years younger than me. May be its a rebellion against my parents.
    Hypocrisy is common in the vegan world. They won't be able to see that though. My best friend at university smoked and when I mentioned that I was considering the Imperial Tobacco™ Graduate scheme she went on this rant about that being an unethical consideration. I was like okay then. :rolleyes:

Well I get that. So why are you still looking for some sort of fulfillment/intellectual stimulation with the 'white blonde young girl'? You can't have your cake AND eat it. :cake: no matter how appealing that is hypothetically; it's unlikely to be a reality. A hot blonde young girl who is mature and interesting enough to keep your attention but also won't get too attached because you will ultimately move on for an Indian girl a la the life plan? I think you will be hard pressed to find that unicorn.

So have some flings. Don't overthink it. Get what you want in the short-term and don't try to seek perfection in someone who you don't need it from i.e. You know you're not going to marry whatever white girl you have a romance with.

ReputationRep:

:afraid:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.