Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm 25 next year? Is that depressing? watch

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Not one bit.

I will graduate next year and whilst my friends worry about buying houses with their girlfriends (or the single friends who worry about buying things for their many cats) I'm sat here worried about the next place I'm going to travel to. I've already travelled extensively on my own, with randomers, with family etc but there are still major places I need to cross out.

The linear paradigm that is A levels > uni > job > career > kids > divorce > nice car bores me and I can already see my friends going down that route. If that's what you want - fair enough. But if you're not happy at any of the stages then re evaluate.

Next stop,

The sunny beaches of Brazil.

ReputationRep:
    you crazy rule breaker you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    I know.

It's okay, I already have a house and nice car because of daddy. How would I of been able to afford my 6 six Gap Yars?

ReputationRep:
    What's the best thing about 24 year olds ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    they know their way around but have not reached the Sleeve of Wizard stage

ReputationRep:
    I googled Wizard Sleeve and Urban Dictionary came up with an interesting response. Is this the same definition you use??

(Original post by hezzlington)
    Nope. Not one bit.

I will graduate next year and whilst my friends worry about buying houses with their girlfriends (or the single friends who worry about buying things for their many cats) I'm sat here worried about the next place I'm going to travel to. I've already travelled extensively on my own, with randomers, with family etc but there are still major places I need to cross out.

The linear paradigm that is A levels > uni > job > career > kids > divorce > nice car bores me and I can already see my friends going down that route. If that's what you want - fair enough. But if you're not happy at any of the stages then re evaluate.

Next stop,

The sunny beaches of Brazil.

Anw *o*

ReputationRep:
    :erm: will PM you.

ReputationRep:
    I googled Wizard Sleeve and Urban Dictionary came up with an interesting response. Is this the same definition you use??
    :wizard:

ReputationRep:
    Holiday's have no measurable value.

I would rather have a mortgage and a nice house than holidays which simply fade away in our memories.

Than again, I am partial to the odd trip to the continent now and again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CreamyChocolate)

I would rather have a mortgage and a nice house than holidays which simply fade away in our memories.

What price range are we talking for your 'nice' house?

Every experience, ever, simply 'fades away in our memories'. Whilst we lie on our deathbeds...that's exactly what is going to happen.

(Original post by CreamyChocolate)

You probably aren't having very exciting holidays if they just fade away in your memories.

ReputationRep:
    What price range are we talking for your 'nice' house?

Every experience, ever, simply 'fades away in our memories'. Whilst we lie on our deathbeds...that's exactly what is going to happen.

ReputationRep:
    check your link

ReputationRep:
    I also travel a lot except I have two mortgages/buy to let properties and essentially they're paying for themselves I rarely take anything out of my salary to pay them (once or twice). There are smarter ways to do things after they're paid off I essentially will have 3k of rental income a month - taxes/bills/upkeep and it's still a lot of free cash. Honestly having lived all over the place in east asia (I worked remotely for a time) most of the backpackers I know are dirt poor and in for shock when they get home. Depends what one is looking for I suppose but a house is never a poor investment even if the housing market were to freeze.

Best of both worlds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ron_trns)
    I also travel a lot except I have two mortgages/buy to let properties and essentially they're paying for themselves I rarely take anything out of my salary to pay them (once or twice). There are smarter ways to do things after they're paid off I essentially will have 3k of rental income a month - taxes/bills/upkeep and it's still a lot of free cash. Honestly having lived all over the place in east asia (I worked remotely for a time) most of the backpackers I know are dirt poor and in for shock when they get home. Depends what one is looking for I suppose but a house is never a poor investment even if the housing market were to freeze.

Best of both worlds.
    Most young people can't afford houses nowadays.

I consider myself quite lucky as I've got a house of my own worth about 150k.

I'm not rich or anything.

I'm just average, but young people my age are still living with parents and have a mortgage, so I guess I'm quite lucky

ReputationRep:
    There's 20 of them :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    :naughty:

That's highly inappropriate. Are you doing it on purpose ?

ReputationRep:
    :naughty:

That's highly inappropriate. Are you doing it on purpose ?
    I'm never inappropriate on purpose :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    There appears to be some sort of esoteric in-joke here that I don't get. :nothing:

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.