Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    I was hoping people were actually answering the question and not just trying to turn this into yet another "lol your course is different and therefore stupid" thread :nope:
    I was very intent on applying for biological sciences and music dual honours because I enjoyed the idea of continuing my interest in both subjects.
    Annoyingly, Liverpool has discontinued the subject and I'd dropped Keele in lieue of Durham. L and K were the only places that allowed that combination sadly.

Had I continued my interest in maths with music then I'd have had plenty of choices. It's very common. Birmingham was my top choice for that combination.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    That sounds really interesting - what made you decide to study that?
    best future prospects. :laugh:
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    best future prospects. :laugh:
    There's a lot of money in ponies :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Gender studies....

ReputationRep:
    I don't consider it strange, as the two have quite a bit in common, but people find it strange that I applied for a degree in Computer Science and Philosophy.

Edit: and for Artificial Intelligence to universities that don't have the joint degree.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Circumpolar Studies atm, is that sufficiently weird? :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Japanese (which I don't find very weird), but whenever I tell anyone they're like "OMG YOU ARE GOING TO STUDY JAPANESE! :eek::eek::eek:"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    There's a lot of money in ponies :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for anthropology but I don't think it's that weird? It hasn't been hard to find others doing the same subject at least, but idk.. I do have to keep explaining what it is to people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    That sounds like an amazing job :yes:
    I'm leaving to study medicine in September, sometimes I think I'm being silly to leave something so enjoyable but it's a skill I can use throughout a medical career and hopefully join as a bank tog during uni.

Scientific photography is also great to study. Absolutely mind boggling what goes into a digital photograph. I really enjoyed the course, I fully recommend westminster for digital imaging sciences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTechN1304)
    I applied for Japanese (which I don't find very weird), but whenever I tell anyone they're like "OMG YOU ARE GOING TO STUDY JAPANESE! :eek::eek::eek:"
    I'm not doing a uni course in it, but I still get the exact same reaction whenever i tell someone i'm studying Japanese. People are always like "But isn't that SUPER hard or something? Wow it's amazing that you're studying that!"

To be honest I think French is way harder than Japanese.....

ReputationRep:
    Not mine but my uni did some that were weird like football studies or pop music production I'm also sure I herd about a course called Harry Potter study's at one point

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, applying to Environmental Waste management.

Plan is to become a bin man.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Marine Biology. Plenty of job opportunities abroad, which is where I will be going after my degree.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisewestlake)
    I'm doing Marine Biology. Plenty of job opportunities abroad, which is where I will be going after my degree.
    Can you swim?

(See earlier comments about this )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Can you swim?

(See earlier comments about this )

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh yes, I'm a Divemaster. I swim like a fish 🐠

ReputationRep:
    Anyone reading any of these:-

Coventry University offers a degree in Disaster Management. I bet you thought earthquakes happened spontaneously. You didn't realise that someone has to organise them.

There is a degree in Cultural Astronomy and Astrology at UWTSD but it may be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

What happens when a Peace Studies student from Bradford meets a War Studies student from KCL?*

I once met the father of a Law and Dance student. Only Sunderland now offers the course

International Development and Drama is available at Northampton

Ulster offers a sandwich course in Culinary Arts Management

For those who think working in personnel isn't rocket science, Keele offers astrophysics and human resource management

York has an MA in Railway Studies and Transport History (students must supply own anorak)

*Someone has since explained that they play football. Whether the match takes place in Flanders on Christmas day, I do not know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nulli tertius)
    Coventry University offers a degree in Disaster Management. I bet you thought earthquakes happened spontaneously. You didn't realise that someone has to organise them.

York has an MA in Railway Studies and Transport History (students must supply own anorak)

I don't get the point of these. Aren't they just dodgy versions of civil engineering? Especially the one at coventry. You could easily do civil engineering then take up an earthquake or fire engineering module in your 3rd or 4th year.

Idk about transport history though
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawliettt)
    I don't get the point of these. Aren't they just dodgy versions of civil engineering? Especially the one at coventry. You could easily do civil engineering then take up an earthquake or fire engineering module in your 3rd or 4th year.

http://www.coventry.ac.uk/course-str...ment-bsc-hons/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawliettt)

My uncle is a fire chief at a military airport and had done some of these modules for his job.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.