Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 Biology SNAB 6BI04 ~ 6BIO5 June 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i got 3% for the trophic level one too. NPP of the second box/ GPP in the first box right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RetroSpectro)
    This paper is almost identical to the IAL Jan 2014 paper and the boundary was 62 for an A* and 57 for an A
    Umm, it was hardly identical but knowing edexcel the grade boundaries will be about that anyway

ReputationRep:
    got 8.75%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RetroSpectro)
    This paper is almost identical to the IAL Jan 2014 paper and the boundary was 62 for an A* and 57 for an A
    I think the data questions were a lot harder in this year's paper than the IAL paper but the synoptic questions were on the same topics so I think the grade boundaries are gonna be a bit lower

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    Yeh I put cytoplasm too but the cytoplasm is related to protein synthesis as it contains ribosomes floating about.

Overall I thought it was a pretty nice paper, especially since I did the unit 2 resit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessejoel)
    I did too!! Because it was (760-690)/2300??
    yh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The second question threw me completely, it went downhill from there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smdmofo)
    The second question threw me completely, it went downhill from there
    same

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I want to scream -- that was such a frustrating paper!! COULD NOT answer the stupid plant fertilisation Q. And comPLETELY forgot about bloody introns and exon (wrote some s*** about being modified through RER and Golgi -- absolute repetitive *******s) !#!%^@&¥€]{!!?*{????????!!!!****

ReputationRep:
    I got 3% for the tropic question, and 1.23 for the temperature change question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Felixthetall)
    Im usually getting good grades in biology (A-A*) but that paper...im contemplating a U.
    same situation here.. feel like crying xd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vam)
    i got 3% for the trophic level one too. NPP of the second box/ GPP in the first box right?
    I did trophic level 3 divided by trophic level 2, after I subtracted total energy in from energy out.

ReputationRep:
    out of all the past papers i did i didnt do the jan 2014!!!!!! shot myself in the foot big time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drjay24)
    If the picture was of that quality I would have out rer........ Did not look rough in the pixelated picture!
    I waa being sarcastic to him being up his own ass &saying it was easy... But defo agree wirh you, i got sER

ReputationRep:
    If anyone can, can we have an unofficial markscheme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CFC DE BRUYNE)
    got 8.75%
    I did it using the total biomass first, getting around 3%
    Then did it using the biomass after waste was taken into account, which was 700, which gave 8.75%
    Does anyone know which one is correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatALad)
    What did you guys get for the percentage question on trophic levels? I got 8.25% or 8.75% cant remember.
    I got 8.75%!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wr200bar)
    I did it using the total biomass first, getting around 3%
    Then did it using the biomass after waste was taken into account, which was 700, which gave 8.75%
    Does anyone know which one is correct
    That makes sense. I was wondering which to use but did the former.

Since the question was worded quite ambiguously maybe they'll award for both? It didn't state whether it was the energy which the 2nd tropic level had in total, or just that which it passed on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellohello6)
    i got 8.75% and 1.23 for the maths ones
    Same

ReputationRep:
    WORST paper I have every done! 😭

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.