Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 Biology SNAB 6BI04 ~ 6BIO5 June 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I put about change in rain fall, would increased evaporation be one too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewildspleen)
    The paper was laughable, the unit 4 and 5 papers have said on past examiners reports that 10-20% of the paper will be AS work, this must have been at least 50%! Also I don't see why they would put plant fertilisation in unit 4 as it does not link to any topics (I understand for cellulose, DNA and cell structures being there as they link to the topics in unit 4). It's almost like they are punishing those who did well at AS and didn't have to retake!
    Exactly my thoughts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .JC.)
    Melting of ice caps and changes in rainfall patterns. I explained the first part in detail to be safe (so it was 2 marks worth).
    oh **** I didnt think of that, thats 2 marks gone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smdmofo)
    I put about change in rain fall, would increased evaporation be one too?
    I said that but not sure if that will get a mark

ReputationRep:
    What were the two substrate molecules for 1 mark? I guessed Rubp and co2 but surely co2 isn't a substrate since it's a gas??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mechanism)
    OMG the paper was horrible, however if we'd glanced at the Jan 2014 IAL paper we would have all gotten A*. what surprises me is that everyone found it difficult (including myself) despite the fact the paper was identical to the IAL one? SO angry at myself. The answers were literally available to me. **** THIS.
    😪😪😪 I know I did the IAL 2015 and 2016 because they were the most recent I shot myself in the foot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .JC.)
    ngl I never even bother to learn that properly last year. Hopefully just got a mark or 2 for mentioning zygote and food source :colonhash:
    i put embryo instead of a zygote :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fuego1)
    What were the two substrate molecules for 1 mark? I guessed Rubp and co2 but surely co2 isn't a substrate since it's a gas??
    i put RuBP and CO2, what else could it be?

ReputationRep:
    I put Rubp and co2 as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .JC.)
    Melting of ice caps and changes in rainfall patterns. I explained the first part in detail to be safe (so it was 2 marks worth).
    Totally forgot about changing rainfall! I put melting of polar ice caps and glacial retreat...

ReputationRep:
    I felt like all they tested us on was protein synthesis and enzymes, that's all I wrote about? Plus, I analysed all the graphs wrong as read them from left to right instead of right to left so that's my whole entire grade ****ed. Atleast 20 marks down the drain

ReputationRep:
    I put that too :'( i mean the only enzyme I've come across for that topic was RUBISCO which was used in the question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geor_thor)
    For the pollen peat bog Q I put because lack of oxygen so decomposers cannot respire through aerobic respiration so no decomposition of pollen. Acidic conditions mean bacteria killed so no decomposition. Not sure if I'm on the right lines??
    same

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There is a similar tropic level question on the jan 2014 international paper that worked it out the same way as i did in the exam so i think the answers 3%

ReputationRep:
    What the **** was that paper?? It was literally all as stuff and I didn't resit any biology exams so rip me. The plant fertilisation question killed me. That image of cell was impossible to make out too and those graph questions were weird. istg if grade boundaries aren't low. What are edexcel doing
    The unit 5 paper better be okay to make up for this one

ReputationRep:
    That question on the plasma cells structure was a joke. It was printed so faintly it made the structures indistinguishable from each other... rER, sER, Golgi's apparatus. LOOK at the image posted online! To anyone that put Golgi's or sER, apparatus they should ask their teachers how to make a complain. It was indistinguishable! Looks like Edexcel care more about printing money than the students sitting their exams.

-RealTalk-

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to splice my **** off if I don't get an A* in biology

ReputationRep:
    Did people write about aseptic technique for the preparing the slide question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemica)
    i put embryo instead of a zygote :'(
    Technically, the diploid zygote will divide by mitosis to several times to form an embryo, which is a part of fertilisation surely? That was in another mark scheme with a question similar to this plant fertilisation question. So you're still correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .JC.)
    I got 3% for the tropic question, and 1.23 for the temperature change question.
    Yeahh I got that too! Not sure though now a lot of people have put that they got 8.75% for the trophic question!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.