Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 Biology SNAB 6BI04 ~ 6BIO5 June 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    whats everyone's (realistic) predictions for the grade boundaries this year?

ReputationRep:
    For the peat pollen question, I wrote about global warming and how you can use the pollen from the peat bogs to determine the conditions of the planet from the past....any marks?? I see people wrote some other stuff on here :/.... ANYONE HELP PLS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sssssshh)
    How do you propose different lengths of proteins are made aside from due to splicing and post transcriptional changes, if the same gene is used? I'm pretty sure they said the proteins were coded for by the same gene. Can't be entirely sure tho.
    Yeah it was about how different sized PROTEINS where coded for by the same GENE, so splicing, exons and introns and all of that I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    whats everyone's (realistic) predictions for the grade boundaries this year?
    This paper was a lot similar to Jan 14 IAL (just worded slightly differently with difference applications) and that was 62 for an A* and 57 for an A grade. It will probably be 60 or 59/58 for an A but in honesty I thought this paper was easier than the June 15 paper!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    didnt mention structure at all though
    Pretty sure it just asked for differences between them and not specifically structure, remember reading it twice prior to answering the question

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember the order the questions came up in and the mark allocations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iipebblesii)
    My school is complaining about the clarity of the plasma image, hopefully they'll do something about it
    oh come on....it was obvious as hell what they wanted. Don't get me wrong it was a hard paper but a golgi apparatus is not that big and not that straight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nav1234567)
    oh come on....it was obvious as hell what they wanted. Don't get me wrong it was a hard paper but a golgi apparatus is not that big and not that straight.
    True but then some people thought it was a smooth ER as the ribosomes on the surface of the ER to suggest it was a rough ER

ReputationRep:
    For the MCQ of structure r, was it a nucleus, lysozome, vacuole of cytoplasm? The one that was pointing furthest inside the structure

ReputationRep:
    I got 13.75% as I thought it said available from 2nd trophic level to the 4th so surely you'd do GPP-R for the second trophic level and the same for the third trophic level then work the percentage from those values

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this has been posted here already, but this is a petition to lower grade boundaries https://www.change.org/p/edexcel-low...-biology-paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fuego1)
    True but then some people thought it was a smooth ER as the ribosomes on the surface of the ER to suggest it was a rough ER
    Yeah it was impossible to tell between SER and RER using only the image. I wrote ER on it's own :/

ReputationRep:
    I reckon you could argue the case of a golgi also due to the lack of distinction between the structures. As antibodies are 3D proteins with a specific shape, the modification of primary structure to the specific structure could be what they meant by 'production of antibodies'

ReputationRep:
    Why edexcel why? What is the point? We were tested on this last year. How was this a productive exam? Testing us if we can churn out the same stuff from last year. Great. Thanks. What a waste of time learning photosynthesis was and most theory in UNIT 4. JOKE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanXd)
    Yeah it was about how different sized PROTEINS where coded for by the same GENE, so splicing, exons and introns and all of that I guess
    That's exactly what I'm thinking.

ReputationRep:
    guys thinking about it, there were only AS qs, data qs, and a few a2 qs. No viruses, no tb, no photosynthesis, no immunity qs ( besides the b cell 3marker)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilacFlorence)
    I don't know if this has been posted here already, but this is a petition to lower grade boundaries https://www.change.org/p/edexcel-low...-biology-paper
    Everyone sign!

ReputationRep:
    https://www.change.org/p/edexcel-low...share_petition

If you thought this paper was unfair then please take a moment to sign this, it's so important!! Please share it with your biology classmates so we can increase awareness!!

ReputationRep:
    How was it guys? Anyone got a copy I can scan through?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Unofficial Mark Scheme anyone please please

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.