Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I currently have an offer of BBC to study Business Management and Marketing at Nottingham Trent, however I am worried that I am not going to get these grades but instead get BBD.
    Do you think they would still accept these grades?

ReputationRep:
    It's completely up to them. They may do, they may not. Your best bet is to keep working really hard and try and do the best you can. If on results day you do get BBD then call them up and ask them if they will still take you.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ethanap)
    I currently have an offer of BBC to study Business Management and Marketing at Nottingham Trent, however I am worried that I am not going to get these grades but instead get BBD.
    Do you think they would still accept these grades?
    Hi ethanap,

It really depends on a number of factors. When admissions receive all the results from UCAS, they put all the people who have not received the grades for their offer into groups depending on how far they were to reaching the entry requirements (for example, 10 points, 20 points etc.)

They then have a conversation with the subject administrators for each course, and ask them if they are willing to take people who have not reached the entry requirements and, if so, by how much?

Some courses will be willing to take people who have not met the entry requirements, others won't. Also, if the course has asked for a specific grade (for example an A level grade at a grade B) then if you have not achieved this grade, you will most likely not be accepted to study the course at NTU.

I hope this makes sense! Let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it does make sense
    Thank you Ellen

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.