Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I was wondering does Student Finance needs to be confirmed by two of the parents? My mum did get divorced with my dad ages ago and I do not have any contact with him for about 15 years now, or I dont even know where he is. Can I apply for student finance with only one parent? Will they accept only confirmation/ information from my mother?
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Sarah977)
    Hello,
    I was wondering does Student Finance needs to be confirmed by two of the parents? My mum did get divorced with my dad ages ago and I do not have any contact with him for about 15 years now, or I dont even know where he is. Can I apply for student finance with only one parent? Will they accept only confirmation/ information from my mother?
    Yes. I applied with only my daddy's income.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Yes. I applied with only my daddy's income.
    Thank you
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Sarah977)
    Thank you
    Just make sure your mum has her decree nici (proof of divorce). They asked me for that.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Sarah977

This is absolutely fine. If your mum lives as a single person now, we will ask for evidence of her divorce. The assessment will then be based on mum's income only.

Thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.