Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Don't know what to do :( Watch

Announcements
    • Welcome Squad

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Awww Cavy, I hope you feel better soon :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    Look you are not wasting our time. We are here to help you. We all understand how stressful it can be. I know you're ill but still try and go on that trip tommorow. You need to carry on and be dedicated. Sometimes when I feel stressed I talk to family members and friends about it. And also remember too much work is bound to lead to stress. Just keep calm and organise your days with regular breaks. Hope you feel better soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    This is such a pointless thread but i feel like crying with stress. I have been really ill recently (i actually mean ill as well i.e infections) so i have spent half term so far sleeping, coughing and sleeping some more I didn't have time to be ill (which i still am :/) bc i had a schedule for half term and was planning on getting loads of art and product design done as well as some revision for the mocks. I've done hardly anything and i just want to cry i have to go on a trip tomorrow to take pictures for art but i feel too sick to go but if i dont i wont have anything to draw from :/
    sorry for wasting ur time xxx
    Didn't you have the motto of "Keep calm and Cavy on" at some point? Should do that, I reckon.

...and since when did you have over 300 TSR followers?!

Ohh Cavy it'll be okay! Take a much needed rest and you'll soon bounce back!
    Take it slow, don't force yourself, otherwise it might take longer to recover. Try working in the afternoon, just a small amount.
    Get well soon!

ReputationRep:
    This is such a pointless thread but i feel like crying with stress. I have been really ill recently (i actually mean ill as well i.e infections) so i have spent half term so far sleeping, coughing and sleeping some more I didn't have time to be ill (which i still am :/) bc i had a schedule for half term and was planning on getting loads of art and product design done as well as some revision for the mocks. I've done hardly anything and i just want to cry i have to go on a trip tomorrow to take pictures for art but i feel too sick to go but if i dont i wont have anything to draw from :/
    You should never feel like you are wasting a fellow TSRian's time. I know that some may not agree with this, but if you want to cry, CRY. Just let it all out. The more you keep it in, the more it will hurt and the more its gonna build up and make it worse. Its exactly what I do. I always feel like crying and I just cry rather than leave it all in. Its good that you're sleeing because what you need is rest! Remember that you can only do work if you're well. You also need a shoulder to cry on. A really really really big hug. Someone to listen to what you want to say.
    I really hope you get well soon Cavy, love you loads xxx

ReputationRep:
    :console:

Name:  KCASO.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  38.8 KB

:ahee:

ReputationRep:
    aw hun, maybe go see the doctor and get some antibiotics? you could have something like a chest infection and you will feel better soon! also id reccomend telling your teachers after half term youve been ill or get your parents to call in? i dont know what level of education youre at but when i did my GCSEs i was poorly so my mum called in and then when i was in college for my A Levels i was sick over a half term too so i was late for a deadline but i was able to email my teachers directly during the half term and i was able to have a deadline.

in all honesty, talking from experience, GCSEs may seem really scary but in actual fact they arent the most important exams in your life, A levels are much more important but not impossible, you just have to be able to believe in yourself! can you not do some reading in bed while resting?

ReputationRep:
    LOL! I am in exactly the same position. I was so looking forward to do loads of revision this half term. I made a revision plan on Friday for everything I need to do this week. Then on Saturday I was very ill and I have spent the past 3 days in bed recovering. Although I am better now, I am 3 days behind in my revision and I now need to work extra hard to catch up. Life sucks!!! . I hope you get better soon and I hope everything goes well for you!!!

ReputationRep:
    xx well i went to the doctors yesterday and they diagnosed a throat, ear and chest infection and gave me 3 500mgs of antibiotics to take a day as well as other drugs but obviously it takes time for them to kick in that is actually a good point, might get my mum to do that. thank you mol
    well i am doing AS levels and ordinarily i would take a textbook to bed but the problem is i need to do PD and art coursework which means it is practical based xxx
    as a graphics student, i did art at college too and because its coursework you're quite lucky because you are able to get extensions on deadlines if something serious like illness really effects your work, i went to college with a girl and her mum passed away really suddenly and she got lots of deadlines extended so theres definitely ways to get around it (and also talking from experience again) AS doesnt matter as much as A2, you are able to not do as well as you expect because it is a big jump from GCSEs xx

ReputationRep:
    x
    Cavy you've been working hard, almost everyday since day 1, when you're ill you have the right to take a break and let yourself be ill otherwise you dont recover properly and just lose a lot of energy
    you're not falling behind at all bc you're ahead/ on track in all your subjects and your teachers all know how well you're doing and how hard you're trying and you'll never let them down
    it's what they're here for
    so calm down
    take a deep breath
    watch a movie/ TV show
    and chill
    Spoiler:
    Show
    if you really really really have to just do a sheet a day or 2 sheets a day
    you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    I spent my half terms playing computer games.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.