The Student Room Group

What's the best way to get into accounting with a BA hons Business Studies degree?

Hi all,

I am in the final year of my degree (BA Hons Business Studies) which is very broad in terms of career options, so I'd like to progress further with my studies through an accounting/finance pathway.
I've looked into MSc degrees in accounting and finance, but wondering what are the alternative options to get into accounting other than a postgraduate degree?

Many thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by sh9
Hi all,

I am in the final year of my degree (BA Hons Business Studies) which is very broad in terms of career options, so I'd like to progress further with my studies through an accounting/finance pathway.
I've looked into MSc degrees in accounting and finance, but wondering what are the alternative options to get into accounting other than a postgraduate degree?

Many thanks!

Can't you do an AAT course instead?
Have you looked at graduate programs. The top 4 professional service firms (PWC, Deloitte, EY & KPMG) open their grad programme to all grads that have a minimum of a 2:1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by chikane
Can't you do an AAT course instead?

id suggest this
Reply 4
Original post by sh9
Hi all,

Many thanks!

try do the AAT course in accounting to a basic level and then maybe look for trainee accountant type roles? therefore youv got your foot in the door and your gaining the experience you need at the same time and theyv got a new employee. win win

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending