Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    But....but.....it's so good :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid I do too.

ReputationRep:
    I love a good bit of Rod

ReputationRep:
    I mean I don't hate it but it's clearly not a product of my time, it's very dated to me. I can tolerate it but I wouldn't actively listen to it by my own will.

"I send this video to my teacher..." - best comment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LogicalFallacy)
    I'm afraid I do too.
    You're jelly of Rod Stewart's sexiness.

(Original post by Dinasaurus)
    I mean I don't hate it but it's clearly not a product of my time, it's very dated to me. I can tolerate it but I wouldn't actively listen to it by my own will.
    I love the old stuff, feels more alive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bad Faith)
    You're jelly of Rod Stewart's sexiness.

I love the old stuff, feels more alive.
    I tend to have a bit of a negative view of Rod Stewart as well due to the first time I had heard of him was on this show called One Night Only, I remember I was maybe 7 years old and me and my friend were watching. It was like the worst thing we had ever seen and we regularly made jokes about it, it was so bad that it became an 'in joke' amongst my friends.

I've never heard him outside of this show, so I just associate him with being awful.

ReputationRep:
    I managed to listen to it for 43 seconds; it was torture.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to have a bit of a negative view of Rod Stewart as well due to the first time I had heard of him was on this show called One Night Only, I remember I was maybe 7 years old and me and my friend were watching. It was like the worst thing we had ever seen and we regularly made jokes about it, it was so bad that it became an 'in joke' amongst my friends.

I've never heard him outside of this show, so I just associate him with being awful.
    What did he do on the show?

(Original post by Mayhem™)
    I managed to listen to it for 43 seconds; it was torture.
    It's funny how the same song can sound horrible to one person and great to the other.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    P.S: Get your ears checked

ReputationRep:
    What did he do on the show?

It's funny how the same song can sound horrible to one person and great to the other.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    P.S: Get your ears checked
    2004, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    2004, apparently.
    He did 2004 on the show? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    He did 2004 on the show? :confused:
    Oh I read it as when. Well he just performed. I don't fully recall my thoughts back then but I just remember me and my friends finding it laughably bad. We didn't really know music of that era so compared to the more current music we were used to (current for 2004), he really stuck out and we just found it funny.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I read it as when. Well he just performed. I don't fully recall my thoughts back then but I just remember me and my friends finding it laughably bad. We didn't really know music of that era so compared to the more current music we were used to (current for 2004), he really stuck out and we just found it funny.
    Ohh okay, fair enough. What kind of music do you listen to now?
    I've always found the 70s era quite cool: the discos, flared trousers and all. I was raised with oldies.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. I hate it.

ReputationRep:
    Ohh okay, fair enough. What kind of music do you listen to now?
    I've always found the 70s era quite cool: the discos, flared trousers and all. I was raised with oldies.
    Modern like hip-hop, pop, grime and indie music. Depending on the mood I'm in like if I want to party I'd listen to more EDM based pop or hip-hop/grime.

Most other genres, I tend to listen to more individual artists rather than the whole genre.

I find flared trousers to be the antithesis of cool however, but 70s style is still better than 90s and early 2000s fashion. Seeing those boy bands and celebrities, they just look so lame.

ReputationRep:
    Good gracious, that video is pretty creepy haha. I think I'll stick to The Police.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.