Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm 17 now and I am thinkIng about buying a car, I was thinking about buying a Mercedes g wagon but I'm not sure if I can get insured , what are your opinions.

ReputationRep:
    Get a G wagon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Get a G wagon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am willing to spend at least £50,000 to 65,000 on a car but the G wagon is a bit to big don't you think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Money Dreams)
    I am willing to spend at least £50,000 to 65,000 on a car but the G wagon is a bit to big don't you think
    No it is quite small compared to most other 4x4s.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No it is quite small compared to most other 4x4s.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok sure I will buy one but now the hard thing is finding a insurer

ReputationRep:
    Ok sure I will buy one but now the hard thing is finding a insurer
    If you have £60,000 spare I'm sure it won't be an issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How do you have so much money to spend on a first car?!? Has it not occurred to you that as a new driver your chances of scraping it or messing it up are pretty high so you may as well pay less for a car and upgrade in a couple of years? I know 2 people who have written off their first cars within 3 months of having their license.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by liquity)
    How do you have so much money to spend on a first car?!? Has it not occurred to you that as a new driver your chances of scraping it or messing it up are pretty high so you may as well pay less for a car and upgrade in a couple of years? I know 2 people who have written off their first cars within 3 months of having their license.
    I don't want to make any assumptions but I think this may well be a troll thread.

ReputationRep:
    My parents own a oil rig in Saudi Arabia so money isn't a issue its just finding a insurer I haven't received any quotes from top companies like Gocompare .etc..

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I forgot my login this is the original thread maker , so as my parents own a oil rig in Saudi Arabia the money isn't a issue its just finding a company that will insure me . Please this is serious so no trolls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ROC10)
    I don't want to make any assumptions but I think this may well be a troll thread.
    Now you've said that I totally see this now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liquity)
    Now you've said that I totally see this now
    I thought it was obvious from the start.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skeetsey)
    Sorry I forgot my login this is the original thread maker , so as my parents own a oil rig in Saudi Arabia the money isn't a issue its just finding a company that will insure me . Please this is serious so no trolls
    dood if this were true, you would not be asking for advice on TSR :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was obvious from the start.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah I'm not the best at distinguishing what is a joke and what isn't aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skeetsey)
    if you phone them they'll insure you when you give them circumstances
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i have a great business opportunity i can explain if you PM me

ReputationRep:
    And I am here going to buy a bicycle

ReputationRep:
    If you have £60,000 spare I'm sure it won't be an issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    or you could do an optic nadeshot and get a BMW i8 and trade it in for a G wagon. works eitherway

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm 17 now and I am thinkIng about buying a car, I was thinking about buying a Mercedes g wagon but I'm not sure if I can get insured , what are your opinions.
    Don't bother, end of story.

ReputationRep:
    a tesla model s, because its damn fine

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.