Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Salam,

I'm a muslim and I feel like i really need to reconnect with my religion, but I do not have many muslims friends at the moment. Just wondered if anyone round here can give me some advice.

Fellow Muslim sisters especially - I would appreciate if you could contact me, I know this seems really desparate way but I need some guidance in being better practicing, I know a lot about Islam but not been implementing it in my life.

I've notcied a big change in myself ever since I hav become less practicing I'm not as content. I do not have that attachment with Islam as I did when I was at University and I am finding life alot harder.

ReputationRep:
    Any the only reason I am saying 21 and above is just maturity wise, but if you are younger feel free to to offer advice.

ReputationRep:
    Im younger than that, but why don't you go back to your parents and visit mosque more often. Get involved in some of the activities they put on and speak to the Imam about your situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 713Wave)
    Im younger than that, but why don't you go back to your parents and visit mosque more often. Get involved in some of the activities they put on and speak to the Imam about your situation.
    I'm a girl, we don't really go mosque and speak to the imam :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm not 21 but i can PM you if you want?

ReputationRep:
    i am 17 about to turn 18
    and u want 21+ so....
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :sorry:
    but if you want any help
    PM me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justfedup)
    I'm a girl, we don't really go mosque and speak to the imam :/
    Total BS tbh, try it out - it will be beneficial, break free of societies myths.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 15 so not exactly 21, but try fasting. I know its hardly Ramadan but it will genuinely help you to reconnect.

ReputationRep:
    Ramadan is coming! try fasting all of them except the ones u cant do. it is a time u feel more religious and when u put the TV on it sounds beautiful when u listen 2 taraweeh. i come form a religious family and my parent try to get me 2 pray 5 times a day. 2 be honest i want 2 but i am unable to wake up and whatever. im 2 lazy. oh and try making iftar for Ur parents and neighbors and a few Muslim friends. you dont have 2 pray taraweeh in the mosque every day but maybe sometimes and u will probably make more Islamic friends. and make duaa. btw, i am younger than 21, but i guess the advice is a bit mature.

ReputationRep:
    ramadan is like 2 moths away, u can start preparing for it and think about wha u can do to make the most out of it, i think it always makes me a better muslim

ReputationRep:
    in london there are also loads of talks for muslim woment 2 attend so it might be good for u.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incredible97)
    I'm not 21 but i can PM you if you want?
    Yes that would be great

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to just do things like fasting and salah untill I actually connect with the purpose and teachings of Quran, I prefer reading books rather than lectures

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.