Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do ugly guys ever get approached by attractive girls? watch

I have considered myself to not be very attractive, however when i've gone out to clubs a few times i've had attractive girls walk up to me, and one of them I ended up making out with, and later when 2 other guys tried to get her to dance with them she didn't. So could this mean i'm not unattractive? Do unattractive guys never get girls approaching them?

ReputationRep:
    maybe you have an attractive wallet :smug:

(Original post by Mayhem™)
    maybe you have an attractive wallet :smug:
    I didn't have to buy them anything to start making out with her lol

Perhaps the way you carried yourself was attractive. People are attracted to confidence.

Down in the DM's... I dunnnnoooooooooo

(Original post by JBLondon)
    Perhaps the way you carried yourself was attractive. People are attracted to confidence.
    I wasn't doing anything other guys wern't, just talking to my friends / dancing

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I have considered myself to not be very attractive
    This is the key. What you think of yourself is not necessarily what others see in you.

ReputationRep:
    Charisma is more important than looks in a man.

Or perhaps they think you are wealthy.

ReputationRep:
    "Attractive" isn't really a fixed thing is it. Some girls you find attractive might be attracted to you, other people might not consider you or the girls attractive. All that matters is that you are happy in your own skin and meet people you share a mutual attraction with.

Some people with quirky or plain looks can be really attractive because they are charming. They would fail miserably on Tinder but put them in a party or study group and they'll be be super successful. Have faith in yourself!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.